KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jupiters Legacy

Jupiters Legacy
Started by: Nuke Nixon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Jupiters Legacy

What if the Super Group from the Boys were under the Comics Code Authority law, what if we got them when they had no powers to go on an epic journey to Skull Island, only with the viewing room of the Universe from Mission to Mars, and what if we did the old double switcheroo plot twist on it all and let's tell it like a Quentin Tarantino movie from different timelines.

I shotgunned this whole thing today and there's a lot of different movie influences in it, I dunno if the original comic book had those same influences or the writer/director just didn't know what the fvck the source material was.

It was OK in a Watchmen dysfunctional way, not too SJW or preachy so that was nice.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:21 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ok

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 8th, 2021 02:59 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watching it now, it deviates from the comic but is O.K.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:54 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Watching it now, it deviates from the comic but is O.K.
too much filler, too much deviation.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 10:06 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Just finished watching this yesterday.

I never read the comics.

It had some pros and some cons. I would be willing to give a second season a try.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 13th, 2021 05:36 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

You just know with the second generation they're going to go edgier, like a live action Invincible.

Old Post May 13th, 2021 09:36 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 08:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it was simply terrible. It deserved cancelling. Which is sad because the comic was great.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 12:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've only watched the first ep for it, I wasn't exactly clamoring for the next episode.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 02:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, it was simply terrible. It deserved cancelling. Which is sad because the comic was great.
I kept watching hoping for something, anything. It just got worse though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 08:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Eh, it was ok. I'll continue to watch if theres anymore.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 12:09 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would it have worked better as a movie more then a tv show?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 02:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I watched half of the first episode; really getting weary of so many Superman analogues out there. It was different when Watchmen was doing it with the old Charlton heroes, but now it's just getting tired and lazy.

I'm looking at The Boys now, and though they are doing it, they are doing it differently with the metaphors for sports culture and corporate domination.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 19th, 2021 05:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

It was written by Mark Miller, who wears his libtard idealogy on his sleeve, nothing he does is good.

No wonder you like him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2022 02:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Complete dog shit. Couldn’t even finish it

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2022 05:48 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stringer
Complete dog shit. Couldn’t even finish it
thumb up Great source material, truly ****ed up.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2022 09:01 PM