KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Tiger and Bunny (Netflix)

Tiger and Bunny (Netflix)
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Tiger and Bunny (Netflix)

Season 2 is out, mid way into season 1 now.

The main character is clearly cribbed off Squid Game, a failed father who always lets his daughter down, and does ridiculous stuff for money. And Hero TV is effectively a retooled Squid Game mixed with The Running Man.

The heart of the show is a buddy cop drama. Tbh, it's just alright so far. Neither character is particularly likeable, and they throw their flaws on way too thick.

Maverick and Ice Man duo, without their charm.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2022 04:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Tiger and Bunny (Netflix)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
The main character is clearly cribbed off Squid Game, a failed father who always lets his daughter down, and does ridiculous stuff for money.

Not sure if you're trolling or not. But the first season of Tiger and Bunny came out over ten years ago... Well before Squid Game.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2022 06:15 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by ares834

Not sure if you're trolling or not. But the first season of Tiger and Bunny came out over ten years ago... Well before Squid Game.

It did??

2011.. Before My Hero Acadenia. And here I assumed it was a ripoff on My Hero Academia also.

.I mean, Squid Game and MHA are all over this thing. But looks like it might have inspired them.

Was the lgbtq diverse guy also originally part of the cast, or is that one a Netflix creation?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2022 07:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Revised opinion: Good show, everyone should watch it.

Not sure I get the celebrity system though. Essentially, a hero rating system exists where certain arrests or heroic acts are awarded an undefined amount of points. The top of the "leaderboard" reaps the most rewards in terms of merchandising and brand deals.

The confusing part, is how the agent will make their hero unavailable for emergencies if it conflicts with a deal. Since points are how they keep their fame, wouldn't giving up points and losing their spot sooner then later be a tremendous risk?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2022 05:54 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Season 2 is out, mid way into season 1 now.

The main character is clearly cribbed off Squid Game, a failed father who always lets his daughter down, and does ridiculous stuff for money. And Hero TV is effectively a retooled Squid Game mixed with The Running Man.

The heart of the show is a buddy cop drama. Tbh, it's just alright so far. Neither character is particularly likeable, and they throw their flaws on way too thick.

Maverick and Ice Man duo, without their charm.
But it came out ages ago CDTM. Long before Squid Game

Old Post Apr 27th, 2022 02:46 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Already mentioned.

Went into this cold, had no idea about the show. Guessed it was inspired by popular shows like My Hero Academia and Squid Game.

But apparently this show was the inspiration.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2022 02:53 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

CDTM you know better than than to act like a air head Zoomer.

I suppose that's what you get for watching things blind on Netflix.

I have heard they remove OPs and EDs from some of the anime they pay to stream.

This can obviously deprive viewers of Credit Information Including but not limited to Project Year and stuff.

But seriously it takes no time at all for most people on the planet (Sorry if you have latency issues) to copy and paste or type in the title of a TV Series into a search bar and bring up search results and navigate to the most spoiler free links: Wikipedia / Imdb which will show you the Year The Series was created. (If you are familliar with the format of both sites you can grab information at a glance such as Number of Episodes / Season / Release Year / Age Rating / Etc without getting spoiled... this key data is always at the top of the page).

I prefer wikipedia as in their top spoiler free box they usually have (for anime) a chronological franchise history showing all the franchise entries of a thing so you know if the show you're going to watch blind is a stand-alone show or is the starting point / the second season, etc.

I completed Tiger and Bunny last year.

I'll give BANDAI & Co credit. I thought their product placement was Hilarious.

My God they all got their moneys worth.

Last edited by shiv on May 21st, 2022 at 12:31 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2022 12:26 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote