KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Obi Vs Anikin

Obi Vs Anikin
Started by: mashton

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mashton

Obi Vs Anikin

If Obiwan fights Anikin, will obiwan win?

I think not...I think Anikin will be hurt but that Obiwan will be 'killed'.

In episode IV Obiwan does not really exist....hence when killed he just disappears....same for Yoda...almost like they return to help Luke.

Perhaps they can sacrifice themselves somehow to the force so that they can return to restore balance...

Just a thought.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:59 PM
Click here to Send mashton a Private Message Find more posts by mashton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

uhhhh, i really hope not. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:26 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

tis all a fog about the vanishing thing,
close thing you can get is about it being related to the prophecy

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:44 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

if obi-wan WAS dead in ANH, why did his "ghost" look so different in the other two?
Just going on what GL has used as influences on the Jedi practices, I've always thought that when a Jedi focuses, they can make themselves disappear, make themselves die, like some buddhist monks have been rumored to be capable of. This always explained Obi disappearing just before Vader's blade touched him (and he did pull back and close his eyes in what seemed to be concentration) as well as Yoda's disappearance. I think whether or not you disappear has little or nothing to do with how or if you materialize later. I think thats more of a personal choice. that jedi who have a reason to retain their conciousness and corporial look do so. As qui-gon would want to warn the jedi and obi-wan would want to help out Luke. In the AOTC novelization, when Yoda heard Qui-gon, he thought 'but isn't it impossible for jedi to retain their conciousness and not become one with the force?' Perhaps no one ever had a reason to, the galaxy was at peace for the last 1,000 years. Supposedly Anakin disappeared but it didn't happen on screen, its just in the Databank. I hope thats wrong because it would throw off my theory since qui-gon died without preparation and didn't disappear. If the databank is wrong, then Anakin also died suddenly-ie w/o prep time, and as such did not disappear. I think the spirits of Jedi only do come back when they have a reason to. I already pointed out why Obi-wan and Qui-gon did, then in the books (I know its EU but it follows the movie rules and is merely for example) Anakin came back to make peace with Leia, and Obi-wan stopped visiting Luke because he said Luke didn't need help anymore so it was time for him to become one with the Force. So yeah, tear me a new one everybody, I'm ready! big grin

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 04:53 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's all based on it being a "common" trick, which it wasn't

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 10:32 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkJediStoops
Mind Your Own Business!

Anakin will take out Dooku at the start of the film. Then he'll take out Windu (mid film). Then Anakin will fight Obi-Wan (late film) and get is @ss kicked, hopefully eek!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 11:26 PM
Click here to Send DarkJediStoops a Private Message Find more posts by DarkJediStoops Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

what do you mean common trick yerssot? I don't understand.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 11:19 PM
yerssot

well, in ANH, when OB1 is dead/disappeared, he doesn't walk away to go after Luke and the others
he just looks at it, and starts searching with his feet to check if OB1 has gone very very small or something like that wink

so, with him being surprised, it shows that disappearing isn't a "trick" that the Jedi have known for ages, it's something new and unknown to Vader

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 06:02 AM
mephistodesigns

and that differs from what i said how? if qui-gon is the first one to have done it, the jedi who speak to his spirit will be the only others to know how to do it. Who would he most likely speak to? Obi-wan and Yoda. Who do we see do it later? Obi-wan and Yoda. So if Vader seems shocked, it means that he was gone (ie with Palpatine) and didn't know of it yet. I never said it was a "trick". I hardly think making yourself die would be a "trick". It means he'll be in spirit form and able to help Luke ANYWHERE. Be it at Dagobah or speeding over the Death Star in an X-Wing. As I pointed out, Qui-gon is the first to do it. Yoda was shocked at hearing his voice. You really think they're gonna take the time to teach it to Anakin who will no doubt be bad by the time Yoda and Kenobi learn it? Of course Vader'd be shocked and its already apparent its not normal when friggin' 874 year old Yoda doesn't understand it.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 07:11 AM
yerssot

from this:
quote:
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
when a Jedi focuses, they can make themselves disappear

probably didn't read it all

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 08:00 AM
mephistodesigns

you didn't read it all? well thats not nice big grin
But I think that's why Ben tells Vader "I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine". He knows how to do it, and he knows Vader doesn't. And, going with what we've seen in PT and that we know Ben and Yoda help hide the twins, and that they will no doubt be the ones to speak to Qui-gon's spirit, they will be the ones who know how to do it.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 08:32 AM
obi-wan090

obi wans a bad ass no one can say he isnt he killed darth maul saved the queen in episode two he fights head on with the badest bounty hunter in the galaxy he fights count duku and last longer than anikin (if you noticed) AND BEAT ANIKIN IN EPISODE 3 WHEN ANIKIN WAS FULL STENGTH

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send obi-wan090 a Private Message Find more posts by obi-wan090 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

You bumped a 2 f*cking year old thread for THAT!? The hell is wrong with you?

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by obi-wan090
obi wans a bad ass no one can say he isnt he killed darth maul saved the queen in episode two he fights head on with the badest bounty hunter in the galaxy he fights count duku and last longer than anikin (if you noticed) AND BEAT ANIKIN IN EPISODE 3 WHEN ANIKIN WAS FULL STENGTH
You must have come here from Google and registered solely to reply in this thread. Better be a little more observant next time, eh? evil face

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by obi-wan090

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:41 PM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

What a moron... How could he not notice the 2-year-old date...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:02 AM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Well, in his defense, it's not like there's a rule that says "don't bump two year old threads." It could be worse, he could've made an entirely new thread. And it was his first and only post here.. so how would he know?

Though the post could've been more... accurate.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:05 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

is it so hard to spell Anakin correctly?

seriously... huh

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:19 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

For some people, apparently...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

You're criticising someone who joined over two years ago to make one post... erm

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote