KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Acting in Episode I

Acting in Episode I
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Acting in Episode I

HA!!!! Several times before I talked about the acting in EPI, about how I found it rather 'wooden'. Long-timers here might remember that, and for those who disagreed with me I found this rather interesting bit on TFN:

"Admittedly," Neeson said with a wane smile, "we all come across as pretty wooden. But a lot of that was interacting with blue screen, which was difficult and was also a great challenge, you know, to try to make it seem as an everyday thing that (you're with) a winged beast that talks."

Interesting that Neeson rather criticised AOTC, in the sense that "That last (Star Wars movie) was just pyrotechnics, you know," Neeson said of Episode II -- Attack of The Clones, lamenting that the "computerized stuff" fails to connect with either the actors or audiences.

But he loved working on SW, and with George Lucas. So not just negativity there. wink

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:06 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

Re: Acting in Episode I

quote:
Originally posted by queeq
HA!!!! Several times before I talked about the acting in EPI, about how I found it rather 'wooden'. Long-timers here might remember that, and for those who disagreed with me I found this rather interesting bit on TFN:
But he loved working on SW, and with George Lucas. So not just negativity there. wink

I think he was really just being polite.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:28 PM
Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe. But why would he lie about that?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:44 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

because some of the acting just sucked big time

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 02:02 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I thought Liam was rather good, it was Ewan having trouble with the part in TPM in my opinion. And I LOVE Ewan.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Ewan definetly got better in II, all of his Kamino scenes are top notch. On the I DVD theres a deleted scene of young Greedo fighting with Anakin over cheating in the race, i'm sure a lot of you saw it, that had the WORST acting i've ever seen. I know its hard to work with blue screen and interact with people who aren't there, but I thought that's why people become actors-for the challenge and to use their imaginations...kinda just seems lazy to me.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 06:56 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh well, TPM isn't the greatest out there imho,
but nick did a marvelous job with making OB1 look like a little over-confident brat during fights

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 08:58 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I thought Liam & Ewan were great!!
And Nat (maybe I'm a little biased there), Jake was the one that annoyed me a little bit. I know he's a kid playing the young version of Darth Vader and, as a child actor, he did ok. But at times I felt he was trying too hard. I dunno, just my opinion.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Liam and Ewan were definately good. Dont expect much from child actors these days. Compared to AOTC, id say the acting in TPM was actually better, some awful miscast's in AOTC, take Temuera Morrison as Jengo Fett for example.. just awful.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 03:37 AM
Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

temuera morrison did sound funny in his scenes...

i don't think he was supposed to though

you and us all my man

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 06:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Liam obviously didn't think he was that good in TPM. I thought his acting was wooden too. I still cringe at that line "The negotiations never took place". Maybe it's my deformity from making television programmes, but I am 100% certain that line was completely shot separately for a single shot and perhaps it even took a few takes, but it really sounds like a one off line without anyone there.

As for the acting in the Greedo fight, imagine that that particular scene was even shot on the Tunisia set, not in front of a blue screen.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 08:04 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No... well, I cannot agree with either yours or even his interpretation; I thought that Liam, alongside the duo of Maul, was the best thing in the film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He was, but I've seen Liam better in other films. Several times.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 02:20 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I agree Ushgarak, without him and Maul, the movie was nothing at all.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 02:51 AM
Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
I agree Ushgarak, without him and Maul, the movie was nothing at all.

And since both of them are not in AOTC, that movie pretty much sucked big time.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

queeq, that "the negotiations never took place" shot...I agree, but I have the same shivering feeling when I hear him say "Do you have transport?" messed

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 09:40 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Dejio
And since both of them are not in AOTC, that movie pretty much sucked big time.

Ah no, I don't agree there because Ewan was much better in AOTC and Christopher Lee was superb as well- though he should have been in the film from an earlier point.

Ian McDiarmid is also great but that was obvious; with any luck he will be in III enough to make more of an impact.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 11:34 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Well i dont think the acting in AOTC, apart from Ewan, was any better. The thing that made this movie better was the more serious tone. Shying away from the almost 'kids flick' Ep I was.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 04:37 AM
Dejio

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ah no, I don't agree there because Ewan was much better in AOTC and Christopher Lee was superb as well- though he should have been in the film from an earlier point.

Oh yeah, almost forgot Ewan. I do think he's the only noteworthy actor in this movie. And although I like Christopher Lee; his role felt like a 'filler' for the movie. You know he's not going to stick around for EpIII (Just like what they did to Darth Maul's role).

But alas, no matter how much Ewan McGregor or Christopher Lee tried their darnest to make their characters shine, it's never enough to salvage the rest of the motley crue (Not to mention the rest of the stinkin' movie).

Sorry for the harsh comments to the rest of the SW fans.
It's just I still can't get over the fact that the last two movies dissappointed me big time. After all those years thinking how it would be like...
Well, that's reality for ya.
Dejio, get on with your life..... smile

Last edited by Dejio on Oct 20th, 2003 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 05:21 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Well Dejio, hopefully, Ep3 wont disappoint you...

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 08:20 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote