KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Grand Moff Tarkin is in Episode III

Grand Moff Tarkin is in Episode III
Started by: StarWars_Fan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StarWars_Fan

Grand Moff Tarkin is in Episode III

Well apperently Grand Moff Tarkin is in Episode III(probably a younger version of him)anyway if he is in Episode III, we might even get to see The Death Star, remember in Episode II we got to see The Death Star plans so anything is possible.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 07:38 AM
Click here to Send StarWars_Fan a Private Message Find more posts by StarWars_Fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I doubt we will see the Death Star in ep III, after all it is a newly built space station in ANH and that is 20 years later on in the SW saga

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 07:43 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

also doubt about the DS and it's still not 100% sure if tarkin will be in it

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 10:29 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOB Yup its me

Actually, Episode III is set 18 years before A New Hope. Or at least it was the last I checked.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 11:28 PM
Click here to Send BOB Yup its me a Private Message Find more posts by BOB Yup its me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think the pictures we've seen is him

you and us all my man

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KOkid
BadMotherFcuker

They might have started construction of the Death Star, they did build the new one pretty quickly, but maybe the first on took long, although 18 years is pretty long, and yeah, like finti said, it would of probably to been pretty new in ANH, we'll probably see the plans again or hear dialog about, Maybe from Tarkin, it seems to be his "baby" in ANH. I definitely think he will be in Episode 3, but towards the end of the movie and I see him having a small, but noticeable, role. What do you think Darth?

"I know how to get my peers off me/ make 'em cry and die from high blood pressure, cause tears is salty"

www.flowridianz.com

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 07:32 AM
Click here to Send KOkid a Private Message Find more posts by KOkid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

i totally agree...

although,it wouldnt surprise me if he had a lil more screen time

you and us all my man

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KOkid
BadMotherFcuker

True.......

"I know how to get my peers off me/ make 'em cry and die from high blood pressure, cause tears is salty"

www.flowridianz.com

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:12 AM
Click here to Send KOkid a Private Message Find more posts by KOkid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I'm confused about the whole relationship of the Geonosisians and the Death Star, in the II commentary, Lucas says they end up building it, but its always been the idea (and this was official last time I checked) that it was in fact Tarkin's baby as someone pointed out. It was always said that he took the plans from the guy who helped to invent the TIE engine. but Tarkin took it to the Emperor as his own idea, which is why he supervises it. I mean crap, he was even bossing Vader around. Which means the Emperor obviously respects Tarkin a great deal, or at the very least respects his temporary usefulness. I suppose that all could've happened off screen and now the Geonosians are contracted to build it but it doesn't fit the time table. I only want an explaination of who designed it and who's gonna build it. That would be easily covered in a minute or two.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 06:49 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Meph, I think a lot of the stuff you mentioned was EU and not Canon.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yup; JKerr is right here, all EU smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:03 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn EU.... stick out tongue

you and us all my man

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 10:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 03:32 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
damn EU....
finally it dawns on people

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 06:38 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KOkid
BadMotherFcuker

yeah, i definitely get the impression that Tarkin was higher ranked than Vader, he does tell him in ANH.....i also agree that eu complicates things...

www.flowridianz.com

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 07:50 AM
mephistodesigns

its not ALL eu, a lot of it is stuff GL has said in various talks about SW I've seen. But, its also doesn't matter because he can change whatever he wants that isn't written in film. But the implication has always been that Tarkin had something to do with its origin or he wouldn't be the ranking officer. But there was that other guy, the little prick Vader chokes, Vader said "technilogical terror you've constructed" to that guy. i'm not sure if he means that guy in particular or if he means the Empire in general. but, i'd at least appreciate a HINT of how it comes to be. We don't need anymore debates once 3 is done GL! big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 06:49 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Motti? the 'you' always was aimed at "humans" as opposed to "jedi" I thought

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 10:07 PM
finti

Yeah Vader choked Motti, and Vader tells him not to be too proud of the technological terror HE has constructed so.............. guess Motti is credited for constructing the DS out of the plans we saw the Genosians had of it in AOTC

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 06:44 AM
mephistodesigns

I don't reallly think the Geonosians designed it, I think they're just contractors, so to speak

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 06:33 PM
finti

hm as I seem to recall these where the words of top notch of the Genosians, Poggle

"The Jedi must not find our designs for the ultimate weapon. If they have any idea of what we are planning to create, we are doomed."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 06:51 PM