KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader hunting down Jedi (or lack there of)

Vader hunting down Jedi (or lack there of)
Started by: yodaatemydad

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yodaatemydad

Vader hunting down Jedi (or lack there of)

Am I the only one dissapointed that we do not see Vader (in the suit) hunt down and destory the jedi?

I have waited 20+ years for Vader to wield his lighsaber again. From what I hear he only shows up in the last five minutes. Shame on Lucas. I wanted to see at least an 1/2 hour of Vader in action.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 01:09 AM
Click here to Send yodaatemydad a Private Message Find more posts by yodaatemydad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, the impact is better if it is left until the end.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it would become sabrefight-overkill and would be just as bad as showing no sabrefights!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 10:29 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yodaatemydad

You mean to tell me that you wouldn't be excited to see Vader in action again?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 04:15 PM
Click here to Send yodaatemydad a Private Message Find more posts by yodaatemydad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'm saying that overkill isn't a good thing

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 04:18 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

blah! when I originally heard they were doing the prequels, I figured 1=Anakin in training, 2=Anakin turning at very end and battle w/obi-wan, 3= Vader and the Empire establish full power and take out the Jedi. But instead we got a whole movie that's only importance was a politician's promotion and the discovery of Anakin, which certainly changed the time table. Now I like what Lucas has done with the prequels. They make sense. But I still would've loved an Episode 3 with a LOT more suited up Vader than we're getting.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 07:09 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, not me big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 09:52 PM
Doohass

I agree with both Yoda and Ush. It would be cool to see him in more of the movie, but also if they just had him at the end. The screen is all dark and you only hear the Breathing. then you see two doors open onto a room full of the Clone Storm Troopers lined up in a row. Then the Imperial March starts playing and you see darth walking onto the bridge of a Star Destroyer. I think that would be a cool ending

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Doohass a Private Message Find more posts by Doohass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Yeah exept that star destroyers dont exist yet. I'd like to see vader in action too, but with a more Darth Maul like style of fighting.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

They might use them in III. We will see some advances towards OT era Imperial Equipment since a few years have past. In that time, the Republic will be putting most of its effort into improving the Grand Army of the Republic in order to stop the Separitists. Hopefully, we can get at LEAST 15 minutes, with maybe one fight, of the new suited Vader. This is what nearly everyone thought of when we heard "prequels" and the story of Anakin and Obi-wan, that we'd at least get a LITTLE new Vader footage.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 04:05 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

he shouldn't fight like Maul though, the Chosen One has a style all his own.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 04:05 AM
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

Yeah if they put in Vader doing all those Maul Style flips and moves it will be laughable. Vader doesnt move fast, he doesnt have to, he knows exactly where you are going to strike him. Why didnt Obiwon put up a fight in ANH? He knew he couldnt beat Vader and he knew he would be a greater asset to the cause as a ghost.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yodaatemydad

I am surprised that we haven't heard any rumors on why Obi won disappeared in ANH. I heard Qui-gon makes a ghost appearance in episode 3. I thought there would be two major battles in this film Obi-Won VS Anakin and Vader VS Windu. I would have been satisfied with that. I was also disappointed that we don't see Boba Fett again in his Mandalorian armor. How does Vader know about his Disintegration ablities? We didn't see it from Jango in attack of the clones.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 12:39 AM
yerssot

you want to see a 12 year old in a mandalorian armor?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 09:26 AM