KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was Palpatine appointed Chancellor rightfully

Was Palpatine appointed Chancellor rightfully
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Was Palpatine appointed Chancellor rightfully

As you may remember in TPM Sidious/Palpatine tells the Trade Federation "I will see that things stay the same in the Senate".Well what if he had a Richard Nixon type of scheme going on to make sure he won?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 03:28 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Please explain fot us ignotrant brits. I was a kid when all that happened and because it was on the other side of the Atlantic it didn't really engrain into our history so I know very little of those events save to say that something happened.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Alright.Richard Nixon had false votes for him.Once it was discovered he was impeached.For more on the subject watch the movie "Dick".So what if Palpatine made false votes aswell?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 03:41 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Got ya! Hmmmm, I'm not sure if there is any evidence for garnering false votes though he certainly engineered the vote of no confidence.

But even that was valid, really he only engineered the events that caused Amidala to present herself to the Senate. Valorum was week no matter what, Palpatine just exploited that weakness.

I think that if you took it at value, without knowing what was to come the only thing Palpatine did that was wrong was to cause the blockade and conspire with the Neimodians.

All the events that followed that would have happened just the as they did if a "natural" blockade had happened.

So, ignoring the Sidious angle and looking ourely at the Palpatine actions, they were clear and correct.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

But he could have used that power to change it.Not everyone in the Senate liked Palpatine you know.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 04:07 AM
Ratcat

I agree, but there's nothing to point to him doing that. It is an interesting point, I don't know if they'll address it though.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 04:13 AM
theEvilJedi

True.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 04:14 AM