KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who exactly is Palpatine? (theories welcome)

Who exactly is Palpatine? (theories welcome)
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Who exactly is Palpatine? (theories welcome)

Ok, so i guess nothing on this board can ever be considered a spoiler because I doubt Lucas will ever officially reveal exactly who his evil creation is.

So with that in mind, the purpose of this is for everyone to offer their speculation on who palpatine is, where he came from and what made him what he is.
i agree with several people who think that he was a residet of naboo who was identified by the jedi as having a midichlorian count nearly as high as yoda's. his parents loved him so much that they refused to hand him over. as a child he admired the jedi and longed to be one. resenting his parents for their decision, he asked the council to have him with their reluctant permission. he was rejected by the jedi council because of his age and his great anger at his parents. At this time he was discovered by a Sith, either on coruscant or naboo. the rest we pretty much know.

What are your theories?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Young boy on Naboo is right, but I'm guessing he was missed by the Jedi. Otherwise they would have known that their Supreme Chancellor had massive potential in the force. He probably had some hugely tramatic event as a child, turning him completely to the dark, after which he was discovered by a Sith master looking for an apprentice.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 09:06 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

as for the film forums we dont know too much about Palpatine besides that he was the senator representing Naboo. The rest of it is EU info and belongs in the EU section

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 09:29 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

pfff! if the jedi knew about him they would never let him be a politician, certainly not an emperor like in AOTC, they're not stupid, they know they should pay attention to this, certainly after the sith returning!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 12:49 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swordfish2k0

Perhaps even as a child Paplatine was so powerful he could cloud his existence from the Jedi

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Swordfish2k0 a Private Message Find more posts by Swordfish2k0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so... a child already had plans to kill off all the jedi, get one to do all his dirty work and become an emperor?
at what? the age of 4?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 07:19 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swordfish2k0

Hey! Lay off it ok!....no i simply thought he may be able to cloud himself from the jedi that doesn't mean he was evil or had any mass plans for the jedi, even at a young age he may have decided he didn't want to be a jedi and was able to hide himself from them....

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Swordfish2k0 a Private Message Find more posts by Swordfish2k0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

easy there, I wasn't bashing you or anything, just poking some fun smile

well, biggest point is that he still had to get his sith training and therefor the jedi for some reason didn't saw him or something
but I doubt that as a kid he already had the power to conceil himself
the jedi just can't check every plan once a year for new members and such

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 11:00 PM
Swordfish2k0

Yeah true enough i see your point. Maybe at a young age he was identified by the Sith and trained whilst he was young. So maybe the Sith disguised him from the Jedi, any way its unlikely that the Jedi could sense every force user in the Galaxy!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 10:39 AM
finti

quote:
any way its unlikely that the Jedi could sense every force user in the Galaxy!
in which Anakin is a prime example

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 11:34 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
imhotep
Space Cowboy

But a Sith lord, strolling around in Naboo just seems a little far fetched.
I go with him being powerfull with the force, and after researching Jedi/Sith history he was tempted by the Dark Side. Rmember, if the Sith were wiped out, there would be a serious unbalance in the force. I think the Dark Side reached him first

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 12:10 PM
Click here to Send imhotep a Private Message Find more posts by imhotep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He was trained by the Sith Master before him, that's all we know.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 12:38 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

exactly

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 03:33 PM
imhotep
Space Cowboy

We do NOT know that...We assume that...
You want to hear my opinion on assumptions??

The truth is, there is no need to know where he comes from, he comes from GL imagination. There has to be a point in a fictional story where you stop digging and just take things as they are given you.

We are not exactly discussing HIstory here, in the end, itīs just a movie...

I'm sorry, but I really feel like shit today!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:15 PM
Click here to Send imhotep a Private Message Find more posts by imhotep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I agree totally. We don't really need to know. Its not neccessary to the plot. We know for certain that the last Sith Lord killed him. Beyond that are endless possibilities of how that came to be.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 07:17 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

I'm sorry, let me type that the right way...

We know for certain the last Sith Lord FOUND him.

weird typo...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 07:18 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by imhotep
We do NOT know that...

we DO know that he was trained and picked by a sith lord!
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
and he became the master later on, and picked his first apprentice

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 07:32 PM
mephistodesigns

and that's really all the pertenant information we recquire isn't it? I mean, I'm all for digging into these films, but thats one area that I thing is meant to just be comprehended by understanding the rule of the Sith, as Yerssot pointed out.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 07:34 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

keep in mind that he can cloud people's perceptions of him, he may be much much older than we think

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 06:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
so... a child already had plans to kill off all the jedi, get one to do all his dirty work and become an emperor?
at what? the age of 4?

Well it was said that he was ambitious stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 07:54 AM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote