KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Odd thing about the trailers- no droids.

Odd thing about the trailers- no droids.
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Odd thing about the trailers- no droids.

Odd that, isn't it? All indications are that the Trade Federation and the Battle droids are again the main enemy for the new films; we hear of new 'super-droids' that give the Jedi trouble and are meant to give some credibility to Jedi casaulties in the final abttle (droids being crap and all).

Yet not one peek of them in the trailers! Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it IS odd.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leia_2000

well, in the one trailer it had c3p0 and r2-d2, but that doesn't really count, and then there was something about how they're using "clone troopers" (basically stormtroopers only with a different name) so they're kinda the alternative to battle droids. I think that with the clone troopers, GL was trying to connect a little with the original Star Wars movies. Also in the "breating" trailer (I think) it shows a whole bunch of clone troopers, and it reminded me of the battle droid army.
So to conclude, the way I figure it: Clone Troopers instead of Battle Droids smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Leia_2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Leia_2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I like the fact that GL hasn't showed the super droids, we need to have some surprises you know.............

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

We're pretty certain the droids are in. The scriptment (mostly accurate) says so, and if you look at the website you'll see the ep.ii databank is full of Trade Federation and droid descriptions.

In fact, from what we can tell, the CLone Troppers role in the movie is extremely small... difficult to be sure about things yet, though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leia_2000

well, u are right about how there's a lot of trade federation/battle droid stuff in the ep. II databank, but with the shutting down of the battle droid control computer, maybe the trade federation learned that that wasn't the way to go (however nobody ever learned that a second deathstar wasn't gonna work either smile ). However the trailer showed a HUGE army of what I think was clone troopers, but there doesn't seem to be anything about them in the databank, so who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait until may for the movie smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Leia_2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Leia_2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeedy so. But as I say, we have a lot of good info on the droids being there.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 02:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

There is a droid called a Rickshaw Droid in Trailer C. His ID is
RIC-920. He pulls a hovering Rickshaw, which originated in China. It is pulled through the streets by Rickshaw drivers in China, but is pulled by Rickshaw droids on in Mos Espa. Here's what the droid looks like.

Attachment: ric-920's rickshaw in mos espa.jpg
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 04:36 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

I think that for a movie called "attack of the clones," its somewhat anti-climatic that they are involved so little. how accurate is the scriptment anyway? it seems to fit with the clips weve seen from the trailer, but where did the scriptment come from? could lucasfilm have leaked a faulty script on PURPOSE just to surprise the fans?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 05:05 AM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We don't know how accurate. But I do think that this movie may focus more on the Clone Problem than on the droid problem. After all, the clones are supposed to replace the droids as army.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 09:45 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Leia_2000
So to conclude, the way I figure it: Clone Troopers instead of Battle Droids smile

There will be battle droids, oh so many battle droids.....

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Super battle droids even.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 02:08 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yep, but didn't want to spoil it for em.

We will see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: both regular battle droids and new, improved super battle droids. And lots of them too!!!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Will we seem them in the February trailer, you think?

BtVS

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 06:03 PM
yerssot

well, the jedis has to suffer big losses...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2001 06:08 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leia_2000

there could be both, but in my own way of thinking, which isn't necessarily right, I think that a movie called attack of the clones, might use some "clonetroopers." My evidence is the trailer, which shows a huge army of clonetroopers, and other pictures that I've seen around that show the clonetroopers. But who knows? confused again we'll just have to wait I suppose (either that or take some hostages and force somebody to tell us smile )

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2001 04:09 AM
yerssot

why are the normal ones not prohibited after TPM???

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2001 04:17 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because the logical extension of that would be to ban ALL armed forces.

It is their USE that would have to be proscribed, not their existence.

Leia, from what we know, the appearance of clones in the new movie is surprisingly small.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2001 06:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

A cool thing about the Super Battle Droids. The Trade Federation has learned since the last time they came face to face with Jedi. When Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon infiltrate the Droid Control ship, they disable it.
This is when you think all the droids are going to shut off and the Jedi win the battle on Geonasis, right? Wrong. Only the normal battle droids fall over like sticks. The super droids keep on fighting. A super battle droid kills Plo Koon with a laser bolt, for he puts his guard down, thinking the droids are duds now. Ki-Adi then slices up the super droid and escapes the ship.
Padme then signals the clonetroopers and they come down in Republic Gunships. The clonetroopers march out and blast the super battle droids into oblivion. Most of the Jedi are dead and only a few members of the Jedi council are left (Yoda, Mace, Ki-Adi). Yoda states that the Clone Wars have begun, and then we wait till Ep. III to see if the battle droids are still in use 2 years later.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2001 06:19 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know, that sounds stupid to me. What about the infallible Jedi danger sense, huh? Should be near impossible to surprise a Jedi, let alone a Council member. Kloon should see the bolt coming.

Meanwhile, I very much doubt that the entire Jedi Order came to that battle- that's just silly.

It's an area the scriptment and virtual edition was a bit fuzzy about.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2001 10:51 PM
yerssot

stupid reason to kill Plo ...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2001 07:45 AM