KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » disappearing jedi

disappearing jedi
Started by: jimmy986

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jimmy986

disappearing jedi

i have been reading a lot on these forums and i heard that GL said he was going to reveal how obi wan disappeared when vader "killed" him in a new hope and other jedis dont disappear when killed. is he going to reveal this in ep III

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:42 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he said he would reveal it in EpII and further explain it in EpIII.

(about EpII, IMHO it's Anakin saying "I'll even learn people to stop from dying")

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 08:12 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

In my opion, it's basically construed by how strong you are in the Force, and if you fulfilled your ultimate purpose in life.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

nope, that would imply that it's a common "trick" to perform and by the way Vader acted in ANH, you know it wasn't common to disappear

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 12:15 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, otherwise everyone would be doin it.

"Hey Han, you got shot!"

*Han disappears*

"Where's my money dammit..."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:20 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

If it is Anakin that discover's the disappearing, then why would Vader look surprised when Obi-Wan does it?

So I think it will be discovered by someone other than Anakin...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:30 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orlando

Mace Windu perhaps?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 10:35 AM
Click here to Send Orlando a Private Message Find more posts by Orlando Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I dunno...if it is Anakin that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: kills him, which is a big possibility then Anakin would know about the disappearing Jedi trick.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 10:41 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by LanceWindu
If it is Anakin that discover's the disappearing, then why would Vader look surprised when Obi-Wan does it?

So I think it will be discovered by someone other than Anakin...

I ment that Anakin actually IS responsible for the others to disappear, he just doesn't know it.
in other words, imho, it's about the prophecy
and with him saying "I'll even learn people to stop from dying", he was right, because he's the chosen one, the ones that teach him and stuff don't die, they become those ghosts

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 11:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, it absolutely cannot be anything to do with fulfilling your destiny, your purpose, or being prepared to death, which is what a lot of fans all over the neet seem to want to think. This would imply it is simply a matter of doing something right which is NOT so. Disappearing and ghost form are not normal for a Jedi or anyone, it is a specific plot point tied into the Prequel films and therefore almost certainly has something cirectly to do with Anakin/the Prophecy. And indeed, regardless of that, Anakin himself cannot possibly know about it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowkiller

I Think Qui Gon will appear at somtime in Episode 3 and explain this to Obi Wan and Yoda.
I dont thnk Anakin knows how to do this, but he does become a ghost. Maybe becuase he was conceived by the force. So when he died he had that ability to become a ghost.
I hope that made sense

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I don't think disappearing and being a ghost has much to do with one another. But, i do believe you have to be prepared to disappear, since the only ones who have have had prep time, which doesn't mean everyone can do it. Somebody, and its gotta be Yoda and if not him then Obi-wan, will either find out or learn it from someone or something. I personally think it has been done before (explained below). I somewhat agree that it might have something to do with the prophecy, but in a much more general way. I think Jedi can come back when they have some sort of job to finish. This would explain why none of the current Jedi know how, because there has been peace for a thousand years. So no one has had a reason too. This would account for Yoda possibly knowing how to do it, like maybe one Jedi is allowed to know it and pass it on BUT they are only allowed to pass it on in emergency situations (such as the Jedi Purge). So maybe Yoda knows how and teaches Obi-wan how before they part ways. Of all the theories though, I have a feeling Yoda knows how, or at least where to find out. Although, in the book he did seem surprised to hear Qui-gon's voice, but I don't know if maybe he was surprised Qui-gon had done it or what. The whole thing is very up in the air right now. All my theories involve things from eastern religions and mythology since thats what Jedi are based on, but who knows what Lucas will come up with.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:11 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry but GL specifies on the AOTC DVD, and other places, that this is a new thing. It is certain that Yoda had no idea of how that happened.

It is also very likely that disappearing and ghost form are linked because GL said in interview that QGJ not disappearing is all linked into Obi-Wan's "Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagaine"- clearly, by any logic, referring to his return in ghost form.

Of course QGJ himself then becomes the complicating factor in that link.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 22nd, 2003 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

er... same as the previous comment:
if they have to finish a job, than it's still common knowledge which it isn't
and it has certainly not been peace for a thousand years! the last 30 minutes of AOTC is about the Clone Wars!!

and why should it be known to only one? how can Vader do it than if no one thaught it to him?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:20 PM
Shadowkiller

I think Anakin / Vader not having a father has somthing to do with him being able to dissapear and come back as a ghost.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I bet its because Lucas has no idea what the fuk he is doing, now he is just trying to cover his own ass and cover plot holes!!!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

er... no, he knows EXACTLY what he's doing as he said on multiple occasions!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 06:00 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

there has been peace up till the clone wars yerssot. I thought that was obvious.
Ush- That's IS interesting, maybe its only if you're struck down by Sith. Weird. But why can Yoda disappear then? He's not struck down by anyone. So sorry, but that doesn't really explain anything.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 07:02 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, that will be part of what the plot explains, isn't it? I doubt being killed by Sith has anything to do with it.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 08:36 PM
yerssot

in a whole universe, with thousands of species, and you think that they all lived in peace till the clone wars?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 08:50 PM