KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Naboo Destroyed from the Inside?

Naboo Destroyed from the Inside?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Naboo Destroyed from the Inside?

Instead of a pre-mature Death Star destroying Naboo,perhaps the Empire destroys it in his efforts to hide his past by infesting it with a terrible alien species or disease and turns Naboo into a unlivable deserted planet causing all to leave.What do you think?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 07:07 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think it's possible considering that we actually know more about this planet's makeup than we do any other in the SW films..

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

God dim,I love that sig.smile

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 10:32 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Naboo Destoryed from the Inside?

I am sure that everyone has heard the rumor that Naboo is Dagobah. Maybe the Empire destorys Naboo by somehow turning into a swamp land that no Humanoid could possibly live on. Perhaps Anakin is "transformed" on Naboo, hence the Cave. I am almost sure Luke will be on Dagobah when he is born "something familiar about this place...." maybe its really Naboo but called Dagobah for some reason. Perhaps Yoda does something to the surface to let humans live their. That could explain why the Emperor nor Vader knew of Yoda and they thought the planet was inhospitable. That may be the shocker of the prequels; Naboo=Dagobah.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 10:56 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: Naboo Destoryed from the Inside?

You know hoe I hate those "Just too convienient" things. Well this is one of them. There are thousands of habitable planets in the Star Wars galaxy, why recycle Naboo into Dagobah?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I agree RC, but still those were great ideas by JM3838 and would tie in well with the OT. I am pretty sure that the twins will indeed be born on Dagobah and I wonder if it has any connection with the planet Xagobah which is mentioned in the "Inside the worlds of Episode 1" book.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Naboo turns out to be Dagobah ? That would be unbelievably cool. Remember what Luke says as he is descending to Dagobah for the first time. "I'm not picking up any cities or technology...massive life form readings, though. There's something alive down there." Other than Theed and the underwater Gungan city, what other cities were on Naboo ? None. Naboo could very possibly become Dagobah. And what better place for Yoda to hang out, hidden from Vader and the emporer, amongst all those "life forms" creating that energy field. I can hear everybody in the theater around me going, "Whoooooaaaaaaaaa."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Although I think it is unlikely, I still agree that it would be cool. It would add more tragedy to Episode 3, the fact that the beautiful peaceful world of Naboo is destroyed and turned into a dark swamp world of nothingness.
However, in contrast to your post, Gundark, I do believe that there are other cities in Naboo, it's just that Theed is the capital and therefore the main city involved in the dispute with the Trade Federation. Gavin Bocquet said that in Episode 2 we would see a new style with Naboo, a different type of civilization. Theed was made up of older-looking buildings rather like temples and such. But perhaps we will see a more modern look to the planet.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2000 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Gundark,

Where did you get the idea that there are no other cities on Naboo? Naboo is portrayed as a thriving planet with a large population. Why would the Trade Federation have sent all those ships if the only thing that had to worry about was Theed.

Naboo was dependant on trade routes for many things but they also had a deeply laid culture and planetary lifestyle.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 07:26 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
son of rage

Hang on I've had this arguement before.....Naboo is not Dagoba they are in diffrent possitions in the Galaxy, Mid-rim and outer-rim and neither is destroyed.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 04:59 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

You're right RC, I was just getting carried away with the concept. Thanks for getting my head out of my arse. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah...he's right..

(and lets just call son of rage Rage from now on...We're aready used to calling Ratcat RC...I got confused there for a bit laughing out loud )

Old Post Nov 12th, 2000 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Gundark, that not only sound painful, but alos an extrordinary act of contortionism!!!laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 12th, 2000 06:54 PM
Darth Daft

Did anyone in UK watch a show called "dot comedy"? One show had a pic of a guy bending his body through his legs and then sticking his head up his - AHEM. I think it was fake though...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 04:17 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

DD, I can always count on you to come stomping right through the bantha poodoo with some clever tidbit. "I think it was fake, though..." If that guy could really do that he would have more money than GL. I never heard of dot comedy, but it sounds interestingly perverted, like Tom Green. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 07:28 AM
theEvilJedi

What?

Don't go dising Tom Green.mad

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 07:36 AM
SebulbaStar

Re: What?

Good theories. I agree Naboo is'nt Dagobah, but it would be interesting, inless Dagobah is a name of a swamp on Naboo...ever think of maybe the Gungans named a filty swamp Dagobah, but I'd like to go with that theory, but I won't...

But, I'd like to see Episode 3 end with a shocker, that will totally give us chills up are backs, and make us say "Awwwwwwwww, Holy ???? awesome!"..you know.....Episode 3 would have to end with a shocker, to get us hyped up for a continous stories in books, and stories. Don't you agree?

-SS
www.sebulbashack.com

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 09:55 AM
Darth Daft

Yes totally. You'd end up feeling a little empty and unsatisfying if there were no surprise or addition at the end.

And on this Dagobah-Naboo thing, can you imagine what it would be like if Naboo was called Dagobah and so we would know that it's going to turn out being like it is in TESB. That wouldn't exactly spoil things for us, because it's the HOW IT TURNED that counts. Just like how we know that Anakin will turn to the Dark Side isn't a spoiler because its HOW ANAKIN TURNS that is important. It would just be so cool though if we knew Naboo and Dagobah were the same.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 01:52 PM
Ratcat

I just ended up feeling dizzy after staring at Subulbas banner for too long.... no expression

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 06:53 PM
Darth Daft

Yeah I see what you mean. 8o

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 03:12 AM