KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What makes Anakin turn to the Dark Side?

What makes Anakin turn to the Dark Side?
Started by: hana_skywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

What makes Anakin turn to the Dark Side?

There must have happened something very important to make him think that the dark side is the best. What do you think? He got tired from the Jedi somehow (or had a conflict with them) and tried to find a quicker source of power?

"Happiness... is not a fish that you can catch." - oUr LaDy PeAcE
"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side" - Master Yoda

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:19 AM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NateTheGreat
Superior Intellect

I think something happens where the council finds out about Padme being pregnant, they suspend or ban Anakin, and then he goes to the Dark Side after being persuaded by Palpatine. Palpatine will play a crucial role in Anakin's turn, and in Episode III as he moves from Supreme Chancellor to Galactic Emperor.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:34 AM
Click here to Send NateTheGreat a Private Message Find more posts by NateTheGreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

quote:
Originally posted by NateTheGreat
I think something happens where the council finds out about Padme being pregnant, they suspend or ban Anakin, and then he goes to the Dark Side after being persuaded by Palpatine. Palpatine will play a crucial role in Anakin's turn, and in Episode III as he moves from Supreme Chancellor to Galactic Emperor.

I agree with you in many things, but I don't think the Jedi will expel Anakin from the Order. It would be too risky. I think he'll quit the Order by himself. That's my opinion, of course, I may be wrong.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 12:47 AM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I've always thought it will have something to do with Padmé. Palpatine will manipulate the situation.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I doubt they will ban one of their best jedi ever during a full-scale galactical war messed

well, if you look at it, his mother got killed, he doesn't feel supported by his mentor, has a big ego (come on, the nagger about how good he is!) and padme going to OB1 instead of him

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 10:47 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NateTheGreat
Superior Intellect

Word has it the Clone Wars will be ending well before the movie's end, so he may be banned then.

I think his mother getting killed pushed him toward the Dark Side, but not into it. There is something more, something very significant which will push him and/or persuade him.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 06:13 PM
Click here to Send NateTheGreat a Private Message Find more posts by NateTheGreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

He´s the balance

I dont think you can think of anaken as a typical" dark jedi". He is the "one" who will "bring balance to the force" which he does. Theres more jedi´s on the white side of the force so he went arround kiling em all, causing a balance of sorts and since Yoda died it left two mega powerfull Dark jedi´s and one White Jedi (luke) so he Killed Darth Sidious, Leaving him and his son.

Anakin is a wildcard, unpredictable. created by the metachlorians (I know I cant spell it) to do a job and he did it.

Anakin rules Ok

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

natethegreat... the rumor as it stands is that the last battle of the Clone Wars will be shown as the first scene of EpIII, and this is more or less a fact with all the spoilers and hyperspace chats we had

and bicnarok, sorry, but you got it all wrong there
you think of balance as "one on that side, so for balance you need one on the other side too"
that's not it, Lucas himself stated that there is always balance in the force with the Jedi running around but that as long as there are also sith there is imbalance
yeah, anakin did bring balance but not by first helping to kill jedi but ONLY by in the end killing sidious and redeeming himself making there be no sith anymore

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:36 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I Disagree there im afraid, If there is Sith there then theres IS Balance. If there´s Hundred of Jedi´s running arround and no Sith then that cannot be balance. Yin and Yang and all that. Im talking in a logical way not in a Lukas decides all way.

Anakin did what he was born to do, got rid of loads of Jedi and Killed a few Sith lords. More space for us normal humans, cant be bad. :0)

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you have nothing to agree or disagree about bicnarok,
Lucas himself explained this and you can not in any way disagree with him cause he is the most canon you can ever get

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:21 PM
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

In my opinion, killing the majority of Jedi Knights cannot bring balance to the Force; think about it: Murdering the keepers of the peace has only brought terror to the galaxy = IMBALANCE. It doesn't necessarily need to be compared to a scale (is it Ok?? I've never used this word before in English). Balance is brought by extinguishing evil, so Anakin did it by killing Palpatine.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:52 AM
xeous
The Next.

If your explaniation with the Sith and Jedi are true then how could there be "balance" with even one jedi and no sith?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 04:12 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

Sorry xeous (if that post is for me), but could you explain yourself a bit more? I'm not sure if I got it right. What do you mean when you say "one jedi and no sith"?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 04:25 AM
yerssot

he just needs to reread your post above, cause that's exactly like it's ment to be, hana

again; Jedi create balance, sith create imbalance, get rid of the sith and there is balance in the force

and people, please, this is not a point to argue about, this is a stated fact, if you want to keep it with your own (and clearly wrong) answer, please do NOT post it cause it will only lead to confusing others

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 11:05 AM
Gotwa
Ring Master

He see's my mom. End of story. D:

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I just hope there is a Mark Hamil CG BABY!!!!

Attachment: markpooing.jpg
This has been downloaded 171 time(s).

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

me too CG mark hamill

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

A "Stated FACT" my bum, if you want to go down that road then Star Wars is just a load of Fiction dreamed up by someone so why bother talking about it because it never happened and never will so theres no "facts" in that now is there.

The Sith are like dark Material, when one dissapears another re-appears to cause the balance, read some Quantum Physics then you May learn some REAL FACTS.:0)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 05:34 PM
yerssot

please, before opening your mouth and making a complete @$$ off yourself, try to think once in a while and read some threads here.

Check this section, it has a sticky and it says:

"'Canon' (as in gospel) means continuity, the validity of a storyline. Its most common use is when, say, two books in aseries contradict each ither, Which one is correct? The one that is had the 'canonical' take on the subect."

and

"Lucasfilm Canon Policy: "Canon includes the screenplays, the films, the radio dramas and the novelisations. These works spin out of George Lucas' original stories, the rest are written by other writers."

This affirms the idea that only the things that GL himself directly created can count for canon. The rules that follow are awkward, but basically the films are the 'primary' canon and the books and others are 'secondary', in that you assume what they say is true unless they are contradicted by the films (like Owen Lars being Obi-Wan's brother, for example)."

and now tell me, which part of "if George Lucas says it, it's canon and there is no discussion possible" don't you understand?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 11:40 PM
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

quote:
Originally posted by Cowboyography
I just hope there is a Mark Hamil CG BABY!!!!

laughing

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 11:52 PM