KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Better without Ep1+2 being made?

Better without Ep1+2 being made?
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

Better without Ep1+2 being made?

after the disappointing EP1+2 does anyone feel it would have been better if they were never made and there was only the original trilogy?

i wanted ep1+2 to be great but they really werent
-there were some good moments but overall they are poor films.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 04:54 PM
Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

wrong section

imho, EpI was what it was, an intro, more of an RPG adventure
EpII had the trouble of getting Anakin and Padme together but made it up with some action that was needed to develop the story (the cloners, the empire being made and the clone wars)
imho, with only finishing the ends, EpIII still has a great deal of potential

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 05:10 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

yep yep wrong section and.....

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Moving.

And no, I do not feel that at all, not even slightly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallen

I have to agree with Ushgarak and yerssot. I'm glad GL did the prequels, but I do think he could have gone about it a different way. I still enjoy the movies though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

i dunno, i just think they are both so bad, they could have been good.

ep3 was always going to be the best, i just hope it lives up to his potential.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 01:17 AM
Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Yup!

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Moving.

And no, I do not feel that at all, not even slightly.

Same.

P.S> FJ; I love your signature quotes...thumb up

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

will none of you admit that ep1+2 were bad films, that let the saga down?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 04:04 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Episode 1+2 were, and still are really bad films to watch. The truth is 4, 5 and 6 should have been 1,2 and 3 but Gerge Lucas evidently wanted to expand the story (and his wallet) by filling our heads with all that CGI
crap. So yes, it did let the whole saga down.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Episode 1+2 were, and still are really bad films to watch. The truth is 4, 5 and 6 should have been 1,2 and 3 but Gerge Lucas evidently wanted to expand the story (and his wallet) by filling our heads with all that CGI
crap. So yes, it did let the whole saga down.

its a shame really, ep1+2 couldve/shouldve been great
-imagine a story being told over 6 great films.

instead now we have two cgi kids films, (ep3?) the classic trilogy

ep3 has a lot riding on it.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 04:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, it's nothing to do with 'admitting' it. I just think you are wrong.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

funny, you claim they're kids stories, and at the time the OT came out some claimed that trilogy were kids stories too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 11:39 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

yeah the original were (and still are) kids films but they are kids films done well with universal appeal that have stood the test of time for 20 odd years. i doubt anyone will be looking back in 20yrs and calling ep1+2 classics.

and also they look too much like cartoons which makes them hard to relate to or take seriously unlike the more low-fi look of the original three.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:51 PM
yerssot

I think the only problem is that in the OT you had a lot less sci-fi going on than in the PT and that that is the biggest problem

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:50 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I think GL had to utilize the technology. If he hadn't incorporated CGI into EpI & EpII then people would've complained that the films weren't dazzling or whatever. I know what I'm trying to say I just can't find the words.

In my view, the prequel films DID NOT ruin the Saga.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I get what you mean Lyn smile
and now the PT movies are called movies for children which the originals were as well

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 11:04 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I still think the only thing that came close to ruining the saga is Return of the Jedi.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 03:23 PM
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Lyn
I think GL had to utilize the technology. If he hadn't incorporated CGI into EpI & EpII then people would've complained that the films weren't dazzling or whatever. I know what I'm trying to say I just can't find the words.

In my view, the prequel films DID NOT ruin the Saga.

but his use of 'the technology' has made the films look too cartoon-like.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 04:46 PM
yerssot

in what way than?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 06:53 PM