KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The fate of the Trade Federation . . .

The fate of the Trade Federation . . .
Started by: Darth Ninja

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Ninja

The fate of the Trade Federation . . .

What do you think will happen to the Trade Federation? It has been rumored (by some) that Anakin/Darth Vader will kill Nute Gunray, Rune Haako and (possibly) Lott Dodd. Others have said that the Trade Federation will be turned over to (or into) the Coporate Sector Authority. Personally, I think the Trade Federation will be "absorbed" into The Empire. The Trade Federation ships and weapons will be "recycled" and used to make Imperial ships and weapons. The Neimodeians will most likely be exterminated.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:19 PM
Find more posts by Darth Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

dunno, perhaps the empire will pick off the remains of it, don't forget they fight against the republic so will possible get a lot of damage first

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:50 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah I'd tent to think that the trade federation would be a major target for the republic when the sh!t hits the fan so I think most of em will get wasted. What's left will go into making up the empire.

Chillin out with my little Irish leprechaun, my faithful butler Jeeves and a ukulele playin Hawaiian midget. All is solid in Pel's world.

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

it'll prolly be somethin we least expect.

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Isn't the same sound effect used to make the Droid fighter blaster as TIE blasters? and the Battle Droid's rifle is the same sound as the stormtrooper ones. If this isn't just to make it sound like the OT then maybe they do get taken into the empire.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:43 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I'm thinking along the same lines as you mephisto; the Trade Federation will most likely become a part of the Empire. Nute Gunray and all his little buddies are real cowards so I see them just accepting Palpatine's power.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Commerce and trade appear to be operating in the time of the Original films- there is a Miner's Guild, after all, that Lando side-stepped so as not to be noticed, and you wouldn't have Guilds like that if the Empire had assumed control of all trade.

In fact, GL's original ideas for SW- as still contained inside the orignal novel- have Palpatine coming to power on the backs of these very guilds and federations. The original ANH second draft goes into detail:

...through a series of assassinations and "elaborately rigged elections," the Galactic Senate became pawns of the "Power and Transport guilds." The Empire was truly born when subjugated systems were "exploited by a new economic policy which raised the cost of power and transport to unbelievable heights."

It has taken GL over 20 years to get these ideas of his on the drawing board and I will not be surprised if the essence remains the same- and that these organisations, far from being purged or even swallowed by the Empire, are actually the foundation of it.

Of course, the existing Viceroy etc. may be killed first.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

The foundation?? I never thought of that. Nice one Ush. thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

very good call on the Mining Guild there USH, I belive the emperor will put "some of his own" people in charge of the Guilds though

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:48 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ninja

Yeah, Darth Sdious/Palpatine didn't exactly like those Neimodian slugs . . .
laughing

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 06:25 PM
Find more posts by Darth Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

laughing

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:14 AM