KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Destroyers and TIE Fighters in Episode 3?

Star Destroyers and TIE Fighters in Episode 3?
Started by: Darth Ninja

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Ninja

Star Destroyers and TIE Fighters in Episode 3?

Do you think we will see Star Destroyers and/or TIE Fighters in Episode 3?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:23 PM
Find more posts by Darth Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

not the ones like in the OT but other similar things perhaps

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:53 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

those troop transport ships in Ep. II already look like Star Destroyers (the totaly useless and prolly very weird triangular hule thingy. smaller tho)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

I think the Super Star Destroyer is seen in the last scenes of the movie.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:37 AM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
those troop transport ships in Ep. II already look like Star Destroyers (the totaly useless and prolly very weird triangular hule thingy. smaller tho)

I noticed them too. The ones taking the Clone Troopers yeah??

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by The One Part 2
I think the Super Star Destroyer is seen in the last scenes of the movie.

Sounds pretty likely to me. happy thumb up

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ninja

Super Star Destroyer? If you're talking about the Executor-class, then you're off by many years. The Executor (also the first Super Star Destroyer) doesn't get built until shortly before the Battle of Yavin. The Victory-class (I and II) Star Destroyers (which is EU) were built during the Clone Wars. GL could use these EU ships as canon in Episode III. It would be very cool if GL used the Victory-class Star Destroyers. I heard somewhere (years ago) where he mentioned something about Star Destroyers being in (the end of) Episode III.

As for the TIE fighters, we might see the original TIE Fighter, but I very highly doubt we'll see the later TIE designs (being the TIE I/N, Interceptor, Bomber, Advanced X1, etc) in Episode III.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 06:21 PM
The One Part 2

I don't know. The story I read said Super Star Destroyer. It's possible that Lucas is changing the Executor's history and building alot sooner. Or this could be a different version of the Star Destroyers used in the OT. You have to remember that Lucas doesn't necessarily go by the EU histories.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:28 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

as far as I know, the super star destroyer doesn't have any history what so ever, it just popped up in the movies

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 08:10 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobBo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Note also a kind of cheeky reference to the TIE fighter in the rear view of the Trade Federation fighter craft way back in Ep1. Those craft had that distinctive (-O-) shape when viewed from the back!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 02:30 AM
Click here to Send RobBo a Private Message Find more posts by RobBo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, remember that GL will have no trouble writing a history for the SSD with is at variance from the EUs. He will have no regard for that history at all.

However, I would be surprised to see the ship in the film. I always regarded it as roughly ESB contemporary.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

It's quite possible, too, that there will be only an interior shot of the bridge. I have to believe that the ship will be the flagship of the republic fleet. Therefore, it will have to be huge.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:55 PM
Darth Ninja

If the Executor was around during ANH, then why wasn't Darth Vader using it? He was using the Devastator.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:08 PM
yerssot

repairs? the emperor taking it out for a spin?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:16 PM
The One Part 2

Vader was second in command to Tarkin on the Death Star. That's much a much bigger position than the Executor. You have to remember, the Death Star would have been the flagship of the Empire. After ANH, the Executor would have retaken its place at the head of the fleet.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 12:20 AM
Fire

well Tarkin is a **** always was anywayz

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

The Tie Interceptor is WAY off... It is only seen in ROTJ, They where taken off a Design of VAder's Personal one, Something about advanced solar power... don't remeber... I need to check me shcematic books.....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orlando

Maybe at the tail end of the movie...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Orlando a Private Message Find more posts by Orlando Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ninja

Yes, the TIE Interceptor was based on Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1. The Empire found the TIE Advanced to be too expensive to mass produce. Some of the TIE Advanced designs were used build the TIE Interceptor (and TIE Avenger) shortly before the battle of Yavin. The TIE Interceptor wasn't mass produced until shortly before the battle of Endor, while the TIE Avenger (like the TIE Defender) never was mass produced. I'm hoping to at least see the original TIE Fighter (in Episode 3) which later became the TIE I/n (the standard TIE fighter we all know well).

As for the Super - class Star Destroyer, it's very possible that a protype (named the Super) was built before the Executor. Also GL may "run over" the EU history of the Executor. An EU author (I forget who) once wrote something funny about EU VS canon. "We were allowed the play in GL's driveway. However, if he decides to back his truck up . . . over what we built . . . we were warned beforehand."
wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2004 11:00 PM