KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Old Vader... well, why not?

Old Vader... well, why not?
Started by: cornponious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Old Vader... well, why not?

I see lots of posts around the net discussing what Vader's costume will look like. The general consensus is that it will not look like the costume from the OT.

Well, why not? It IS Darth Vader. Why can't the costume in EIII look like the one from the OT?

In my opinion, it SHOULD look identical. How do you identify Darth Vader? By the costume! I'll tell you, I'll be pretty bummed if I don't see that costume coupled with that voice.

cornponious

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 01:45 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

The idea is to show how technology has evolved from the prequels to the originals. Hopefully it will look very similar if not exactly like the original costume. I am right there with in the hope nothing will be changed.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 02:12 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

to be quite clear and bold about this cornponious:

Cause Trish (the one that makes the costumes) said in a Hyperspace Chat that the costume will NOT be the same
it has some minor differences

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 03:53 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

it will have to look less advanced than the OT one...lol

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

This is my point...

My point is, WHY DOES IT have to look less advanced? Droids obviously didn't change in the years between the OT and the prequels. The x-wings and TIE fighters didn't improve any during the 3 movies of the OT.

So what's-her-name said there would be differences. So friggin' what? That's not a reason, just a statement. I'm saying that when that helmet goes on, it better damn well be OT Vader or i'll be pissed. And bummed. And sad.

cornponious

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 05:17 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

see, Anakins hand got cut off, and he gets a shiney butt-ugly metal version and in the OT he has this fully mechanical arm,
luke even got a new hand which looked pretty normal

you think that when they have to make ugly shiney metal arms, they can make the DV costume out of scratch making it look exactly like the old one? there are 18-19 perhaps 20 years between EpIII and ANH, technology changes and they emphasis on this

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 06:00 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

How do you know droids didn't change? You really only get to see older droids walking around (Jawas and Jabba's palace). The TIE fighters and X-Wings weren't even around during the prequels. It is my understanding that Lucas want to show the difference between the renaissance of the Republic and the war machine of the Empire. Technology has changed in the time between Ep 3 and ANH. Vader is going to have the most technologically advanced suit, so it would have to change over the 20+ between films.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 08:30 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, R2 didn't change, nor did 3PO
but I am curious to know what happened to those droids on Tatooine that did the car-driving thingie messed

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 08:40 PM
VengeanceGOD

Yeah, but R2 and 3PO are supposed to be old models.

While I agree with the technology needing improvement, I'm at a loss as to how Vader would upgrade his armor. If he takes it off, he dies.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 10:58 PM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, perhaps he has a high-pitched voice and he gets a better voice-module in ANH wink

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 11:00 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

laughing

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

I agree with "The One Part 2", technology must have improved between the Trilogies. In my opinion, Vader's costume will not be identical to the OT one.

"Happiness... is not a fish that you can catch." - oUr LaDy PeAcE
"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side" - Master Yoda

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 02:23 AM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Oh god...THANK you Yerss. Now I have this image of Vader talking like he just sucked a bunch of helium.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 09:39 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

sorry aboot that VGOD, I got the same image stuck in my head laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 10:57 AM
.:Vegeta14:.
''Super-Saiyan''

yip i agree as well, technology would have improved...

THE PRINCE OF EVIL...!

I Will Galit Gun Your Ass!!!

Cool People:
Exa, Kit, sauron, mw741 and others...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 03:30 PM
Click here to Send .:Vegeta14:. a Private Message Find more posts by .:Vegeta14:. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

thus ep3 vader costume less advanced looking.l

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

i hope it looks at least recognizable

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

back when I was under suttle's spell and htought the costume would be completely different I really wanted it to be completely different and monsterous. My ideal costume would be the same mask design going around his head. the rest of the body would be gold and kind of droid looking, only very flexible. the cables attatched to his back in the ROJ electricution scene would be exposed as would wiring between his joints and two breathing tubes going from the sides of his mask to the small of his back. the armor would be cover with spikes, especially the shoulder. I imagined him fighting 10 jedi at a time, running up walls and cielings etc. alas it shall not be...

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
Oh god...THANK you Yerss. Now I have this image of Vader talking like he just sucked a bunch of helium.

laughing out loud

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 09:29 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 12:03 PM