KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Sith Tattoo

The Sith Tattoo
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

The Sith Tattoo

The Sith Tattoo which Darth Maul has on his face is printed on the ceiling of the dining room of Owen and Beru's farm. It's also printed on the ceiling of Anakin's house. Why?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 01:46 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

The Sith Tattoo

I think it is just a coinsedence, but maybe its a Tatooine thing, or a Skywalker thing. I mean who knows who Anakin's father is(I doubt its the "midichlorians") maybe, however doubtful, that the father of Anakin is Darth Maul. But I am going with sheer coinsedence.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 02:03 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Heh heh, that would certainly surprise the fans, but I highly doubt it. And those markings on the ceiling are just coincidence according to Gavin Bouquet. Or it might have been John Knoll.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Are we sure that they're actually the same design or could they just be black and red and look similar?...I never noticed so I don't know.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 10:19 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Sith Tattoo

I'd have to go back and study my videos, but I don't recall the markings being identical. I could see the ceilings of the dwellings being similar due to a common "interior design" scheme on Tatoonine, but the Tattoo must be a mere coincedence. Did the Cantina in ep 4 or Watto's shop have ceiling markings ?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2000 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Re: Sith Tattoo

I think it was too dark in the Cantina to see any markings and Watto's shop has a very high ceiling so you can't actually see it.
As for Anakin's home, I just read one of my Star Wars Magazines (UK version) and John Knoll did indeed say that it is just coincidence that the markings look like Maul. He also mentioned a lot of other false rumours like the one about Indiana Jones appearing in the Podrace crowd and C-3PO having his coverings on while standing in the background of a scene.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I read that as well but I've seen pictures of them and I'll try and post them here.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 01:08 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I actually have pictures of both Darth Maul and the ceiling, but I can't post pictures on here. I think I got them from the Easter Egg section on theforce.net, even though it is a false easter egg (Well I think so anyway)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 02:09 AM
KJ
Sausages

I saw them on Aldera net.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 08:38 PM
Darth Daft

I don't actually see why some people think they actually the same. I don't think the markings on the ceiling look anything like Darth Maul's tatoos. Besides, I would presume that the ceiling for the set was actually made quite a long time before the final design for Maul's face was finished.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 08:53 PM
KJ
Sausages

But then why would they paint Mauls face to look like the ceiling?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 03:08 AM
Darth Daft

No that's not what I meant. I just mean that there is no connection between the two at all. Neither was designed to look like the other. It just happened.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 03:30 AM
KJ
Sausages

But it's not exacly an everyday design. It's distinctive so I don't think it's a coincidence.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 03:58 AM
Darth Daft

But why would they make the two look the same anyway. What does Anakin's home have to do with Darth Maul? Something to do with him becoming a Sith Lord someday?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 11:33 AM
Dim
Creativity

I tend to think that it's just a common design element..I haven't really heard of anything ot suggest other wise.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Are there similar markings on the ceiling of the dining room in Owen Lars' home in ANH?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 11:38 AM
Dim
Creativity

Hmmm, not that I know of...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 05:04 PM
KJ
Sausages

There is. You can see it in the scene where Luke has lunch with Owen and Beru.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 01:48 AM
Darth Daft

Really? Thanx for that KJ. That shows that the ceiling in Anakin's room was probably supposed to look similar to the homestead then.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 02:34 AM
Dim
Creativity

So it sounds to me like it's just a common decor...Right?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 08:34 AM