KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sideous' Origins

Sideous' Origins
Started by: bigsef3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef3

Sideous' Origins

Anyone ever wonder where Sideous came from? We know Sideous is Palpatine, the former Senator for Naboo, so that would mean he grew up and lived on Naboo, likely got involved in politics, and worked his way up to become a senator....

But at what point did he become a Sith Lord? Before or after he became a Senator? Was he a Sith his whole life growing up on Naboo, and then got involved in politics as a means of getting in power and annihilating the Jedi? Or was he in politics, and then became a Sith, because this would help him in his plan to become Emperor?

Which came first, the Sith or the politician? Is there any truth to the old rumor he was 3000 years old?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 05:03 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I think a sith first, and that to get the power he went into politics to maneuver things around

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 06:10 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

I don't think he grew up on Naboo. It would be unusual for the Jedi to miss him on a planet like that. I believe he was born and raised on another planet, studied the Sith code, and came to Naboo as an adult. This plan to conquer the universe probably started at a young age, evolved over many decades, and included becoming a senator. I'm sure somebody will write about it after 2005.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 06:22 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

Palpatine HAS to be Nabooian or whatever you want to call it. He is their senator and represents their people to the republic. Granted, within the US, senators did not always grow up in the states they represent, but we are talking about whole planets, here. Whether Palpatine spent his entire life on Naboo is not necessarily relevant. But he definately is Nabooian.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 10:05 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

when dooku says that "ten thousands star systems are rallying to their course" or what ever, and you than look at the senate, of those star systems had all only 1 representative (so, not one per planet) the senate would still not be big enough

so I think it's save to say that some senators are representatives of more than one star system

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 10:07 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Where did Sidious come from???

Not sure if this has been asked before, or if im posting it in the right place but, somethings been bugging me for a while..... Where did Sidious come from? I mean, we learn in EP1 the the sith had been extinct for a thousand years or whatever, so..... where did he come from? Who trained him? How did he become a Sith? Will this be answered in EPIII? He cant have just popped out of nothingness! Can he? Is Sith Holocrons the answer? If so, i feel thats a bit of a cop out. Anyone else wondered this? And has anyone got any thoughts?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Darth Bane survived and the sith have been hiding and manipulating events to get revenge for a thousand years. Palpatine/Sidious just puts those plans into completion

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Keep in mind that this is firmly EU, and take it as such.

Now, we have no idea when exactly the Sith Academy on Korriban was or stopped turning out sith. In the same vein, we have no idea how old Sidious is. It's possible he could've trained there.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:48 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Darth Bane and the final sith conflict were lucas' ideas.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

he can hide himself in the force, the sith got to him before the jedi.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:57 AM
VengeanceGOD

huh? No, I meant my idea, not yours, was EU.

Perhaps these two threads should be merged?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 08:37 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Who the hell is Darth Bane

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 09:59 AM
Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

I don't think Palpatine HAS to be Nabooian. He very well could have lived there most of his life, though. If he is, please explain how Naboo that is in deep with the Republic could have a force sensitive like Palpatine without the Jedi knowing. And if the Sith found him first, I would think that Naboo of the Republic would report a Sith presence on the planet. It's not like they could just walk in and take him without someone noticing. You have to remember that the only reason Anakin wasn't noticed by the Jedi was that Tatooine had no Republic presence.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:54 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

Naboo is a planet. its BIG, and if Palpatine can mask himself from the jedi right under their noses, i dont think hed have a problem on another planet.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 02:11 PM
yerssot

this sith that lived a millenia ago, got mentioned briefly in the epI novel

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:15 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Basically this guy named Lord Kaan united the sith for one last stand against the Jedi. The Jedi master Hoth and his army of light fought a huge battle with the sith in which the sith massacred each other as much as the jedi did. Through this time, Darth Bane, a sithlord opposed to kaan started realizing how stupid the sith really were. he realized that in its nature, the dark side creates greed and lust for power. He then knew the battle was lost and escaped before something called a "thought bomb" wiped out both armies. As the last dark lord, bane created the new sith order, declaring that there shall only be two Sith at a time, that all Sith lords shall create an identity for themselves with Darth as a title in his honor, and laid the groundwork for the revenge of the sith, a massive plot which eventually led to the rise of the empire. How Yoda knows about the law of two is still a mystery, but if i'm not mistaken, Insider said that the Jedi owned several writings atributed to Bane. guess they just assumed that no Sith lived to restart the order.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am still awaiting evidence that Bane was a Lucas idea. It is still EU.

Incidentally, there is a thread on this on the same page so I shall merge them...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

he was in the original episode 1 script as backstory

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 06:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Can you show me something that demonstrates that?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

Jello, if you have a copy of that script, please post it. I'd really like to read that.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 01:30 PM