KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How could Yoda know about the Sith?

How could Yoda know about the Sith?
Started by: Darth Ghyslain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Ghyslain

How could Yoda know about the Sith?

At Qui-Gon’s funeral Yoda mentions there can be only two Sith: a master and an apprentice. But the “rule of two” was established by Darth Bane, who survived the Sith wipeout without the Jedi knowing about it, and this new order was meant to keep it that way. Bane’s idea succeeded, for we hear earlier in Episode I that the Sith are actually considered long extinct by the Jedi. Then how could Yoda have known about the rule of two?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Ghyslain a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ghyslain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I never thought about that before, good question... I think it's probably just to do with the fact that the EU isn't officially connected to the films. GL probably originally invisioned that there were always only two of the Sith. Then some EU guy came along and decided that it was a little dumb for there have been only two of them in the entire history of the Sith order. (can't say I disagree) So he wrote the thing about Darth Bane establishing the "Rule of Two" and established what the Sith are now. I bet if you asked GL he'd say that he didn't come up with Darth Bane and that the EU doesn't have any connection to him. Just a guess.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

dunno, but Bane is mentioned in the epI novel, but don't have that one

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:14 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i think insider said that the jedi had recovered some of bane's writings

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, nvm the Bane thing, the only official bit from Lucas is that this is a rule the Sith eventually adopted- no mention of that being some huge secret.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drac39

Yeah If GL has a vision he'll ignore EU

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Drac39 a Private Message Find more posts by Drac39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobBo
Restricted

Account Restricted

In E1 when Mace was spouting about the Sith, Yoda remained silent....as though he could have added more but did not wish to reveal his knowledge at that time....hmmmmhg!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 01:30 AM
Click here to Send RobBo a Private Message Find more posts by RobBo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

guess he was worried about what the Siths are capeable of doing

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 07:46 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's ... magic wink

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 05:05 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote