KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was Anakin created by the Midichlorians?

Was Anakin created by the Midichlorians?
Started by: hana_skywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

Question Was Anakin created by the Midichlorians?

That's something I've been wondering. Maybe it's just that I'm not well informed, but did Shmi tell the truth to Qui-gon in Ep1 when he asked her about Anakin's father or she just said it to avoid further questions?

I read somewhere that The Force created him as a kind of "Challenge" to the Jedi, to see if they would be tempted to make him a Knight, even though he was too old. Is there an answer for my question?

"Happiness... is not a fish that you can catch." - oUr LaDy PeAcE
"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side" - Master Yoda

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:05 PM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

anakin wasn't created by the midichlorians, he was created by the force, those two things are NOT the same

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:12 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Though QGJ says he was conceived by them.

We have no reason to think this is not true but without more on the Prophecy it is hard to be certain.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he said it was possible, not that it was 100% so
I don't think the midichlorians can do it, I think the force can do it though

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 08:33 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obviously they can do it else QGJ would not have raised the possibility- it was that line that brought up the Prophecy, after all.

The midi-chlorians are biological, it is entirely feasible.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
anakin wasn't created by the midichlorians, he was created by the force, those two things are NOT the same

Yes, you're right, that's what I tried to mean, thanks. thumb up

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 03:23 PM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I think as far as we can tell that he WAS conceived by the midi-chlorians. That is certainly what QGJ thinks and it is strongly hinted that is what the Prophecy refers to also.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 03:30 PM
yerssot

but no one knows what exactly is in the prophecy to start with

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 03:57 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think that the prophecy is the first intro to star wars, from journal of the whills. the one about the "son of the suns"

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, that shows that Prophecy was always on GL's mind, but a whole lot of things have changed since then. When he wrote that, Anakin and Vader were seperate characters, for a start.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 12:06 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

yeah, but everything falls into place

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

The Prophecy you're talking about is the one that says that Anakin will bring balance to the Force? Does it say something else?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 03:47 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

from the third draft of star wars:

"... and in the time of greatest despair,
there shall come a savior, and he shall
be known as The Son of The Suns."

Journal of the Whills, 3:127

keep in mind that in almost every religion, the sun represents God or benevolent divinity. Further indication that in the Star Wars storyline, Anakin is the equivelant of this worlds predicted Christ.

Last edited by Darth Jello on Feb 17th, 2004 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 03:52 AM
yerssot

and keep in mind that it was on a draft and the story has in the mean time changed so much

so, no canon imho

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 02:05 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

again yerssot, this isn't a question of canon

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 04:16 PM
yerssot

it is, it was in a draft and did not return later on, so what you wrote can not be considered as the one phrophecy just something that once GL thought about

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 06:41 PM
bigsef3

I was watching TPM last night and, on a side note, the more i learn about EPIII, the more i appreciate what Lucas did in TPM and AOTC. They really arent as "great" as they could have been on their own, but they are still EXCELLENT MOVIES and will ultimately blend with the original trilogy alot better than i had feared.

Anyway, TPM clearly states that it is "possible anakin was conceived by the midichlorians." We had never heard of midichlorians before TPM. there was absolutley NO REASON for GL to introduce the midichlorians in TPM and state that possibility if it were not fact.

GL raised the "possibility" because that is the truth. Anakin has no "father." He WAS conceived by the midichlorians

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 12:53 AM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Agreed.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 01:11 AM
RobBo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
keep in mind that in almost every religion, the sun represents God or benevolent divinity. Further indication that in the Star Wars storyline, Anakin is the equivelant of this worlds predicted Christ.

This is clumsily emphasised by the reference to divine (or) immaculate conception.

Jesus was concieved by the holy ghost, Anakin was conceived by the midichlorians.

Same tale, different viewpoint. There is nothing new in the galaxy!

Last edited by RobBo on Feb 18th, 2004 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 01:21 AM
Click here to Send RobBo a Private Message Find more posts by RobBo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As has been stated several hundredd times, that was NOT a biblical reference but a mythological one- the child of the Gods.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 07:28 PM