KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why I DONT want to SEE anakin turn into vader

Why I DONT want to SEE anakin turn into vader
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Angry Why I DONT want to SEE anakin turn into vader

I really hope that they DONT actually SHOW anakin becoming vader. This is because for somebody watching all six movies all the way through for the first time, it would ruin the cliffhanger ending at the end of "empire strikes back". They would not be as shocked that vader is lukes father unless they were led to believe that vader was actually dooku in episode 3. This would also be a justified reason as to why dooku was introduced as a new character so late into the prequel trilogy.

I always thought that in episode 2, Dooku acted and dressed a lot more like vader than Anakin, so they might imply (but not actually show) that DOOKU becomes vader, and not many non jedi know that anakin is vader. After all, if the whole of the alliance knew that vader was anakin, wouldn't luke have found that out BEFORE episode 5 (or one of his friends would have told him-after all, he did have the same last name and come from the same planet)

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 01:28 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

How would it ruin it, I think the movies should still be watched in the order they were released in, even for new fans/viewers.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they WILL clearly show he will be vader, that much is sure, that's what almost every fan has been waiting to see I think

the only that probably want be clear is about the twins, I don't think they will name them from the start or anything

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 01:38 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Even if they do name them from the begining, it won't ruin anything. Luke will still be shocked and it will still be dramatic...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 03:44 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

He will become Vader on screen. But that's is a VERY good point. That's why I will always show new people to the movies 4 5 and 6 before 1 2 and 3.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 03:48 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think the perfect viewing order would be 4,1,5,2, clone wars, 3, 6

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ybbil33
Hayden Lover

well i think that it doesn't matter how they show anakin becoming vadar. I agree with xeous, I think it will still be dramatic. So actually they should show the turning point, and I think it will be good b/c hayden christensen it good at getting really angry, although sometimes he does sound winey, but that's ok. And I think they will name the kids early b/c in the description of the sequal they say that obiwan has to protect padme and her children.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 12:57 AM
Click here to Send ybbil33 a Private Message Find more posts by ybbil33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

elevin, i have made that argument before. I used to agree with you whole-heartedly about wanting to have the surprise, but in a sense, it is much better if we do see the transformation. The entire star wars saga, all 6 movies, is about ANAKIN. if we dont know we are seeing anakin in ANH and the majority of ESB, there is discontinuity. We have to know it is anakin we are seeing when he destroys alderaan, kills obiwan, and looks for luke skywalker. GL knows what hes doing.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 06:43 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ybbil33
Hayden Lover

point made, good one

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:12 PM
Click here to Send ybbil33 a Private Message Find more posts by ybbil33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

er.....most people who don't have their head in a hole at the moment already know of the "surprise"....but I do agree on terms for posterity's sake

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

I am actually hoping GL inserts MORE vader scenes into the OT DVDs, but thats a topic for another thread.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 12:48 AM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victodor

The right way would be 124536.You see 1 and 2,then you have a feeling to watch them 4 and 5.Then you watch 3 and go back to 6.

Last edited by victodor on May 29th, 2004 at 12:32 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2004 12:29 PM
Click here to Send victodor a Private Message Find more posts by victodor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's... unusual...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2004 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I'd go with 1,2,3,4,5&6 but that's just me! laughing

Old Post May 29th, 2004 02:00 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corsie

The best way would probably be 4,5,6,1,2,3. But that`s just my opinion.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

My opinion's with Corsie. I think it'd be great to watch the OT first, get the feel for the characters and especially Vader, that way you can build up the suspense and go back to watch how Anakin becomes DV. To me it'd just be more exciting that way.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

I'lll watch it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, because i like how the whole history is developed, not because the ending or some twist on the plotline.
Luke is the one who will be thrilled out about Vader's confession, not me.

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:38 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'd probably go with 4 5 6 1 2 3, but one day sometime I'll watch it 1-6 in episode order, just to see for myself what that'd be like. Order of creation is more important IMO than episode #s, nobody will really understand fully what 1, 2, and 3 mean until they see the OT.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:49 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
nobody will really understand fully what 1, 2, and 3 mean until they see the OT.

Exactly. Yes, I believe to appreciate the meaning of 1,2,3, you have to learn the ropes by watching 4,5,6 first. That way, you can learn certain aspects of the films and take them into consideration when going back to watching the prequels.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

I know they are going to show anakin as vader because I've seen some story boards and it shows anakin on table.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 08:24 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote