KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » did qui gon help anakin win the podrace?

did qui gon help anakin win the podrace?
Started by: Xantos Clone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xantos Clone

Take a look at this scene:

when anakin and Sebulba are racing neck and neck....when the pods get stuck together....

check out qui gon's face and you will see him using the force to undo the problem and make sebulba crash etc....looks like he may have used the force to 'cheat' for the common good idea....

(he did the same thing with the chance cube ya know!)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 11:50 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Hmmm, it's possible..I don't have a TV so I can't watch it...sad ..

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

We should all put money together and buy Dim a t.v so she can watch Star Wars.smile I don't think Qui-Gon helped in the race. I think he used the race so see just how powerfull Anakin was. And don't forget that Lucas had to show Anakin as a great pilot so he wouldn't give him any help.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 08:48 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

My birthday is coming up in December big grin ...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2000 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Back to Qui-Gon using the Force to free Anakin (the cube), that brings a point to mind. Watto says he'll let fate decide, perhaps it wasn't Anakins fate to be freed at that time. By using using the Force Qui-Gon messed with Anakins fate/destiny. Maybe QC's strong will went where it should not have gone. That Force, why is it so confusing?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2000 03:58 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

First of all, let me apologize profusely if I offended the EvilJedi with my language, although it was not profane. I was only testing the waters with a lighthearted approach. Thank you for all the welcomes I received, it was appreciated smile As I saw ANH in '77 for the first time when I was 14 years old and saw the whole original trilogy countless times since, it would be safe to say I'm no padawan when it comes to the saga and its great to mingle here with great minds !

Back to the main point.... I also noticed the expression on Qui-Gon's face during the pod race and it seemed he did have a hand in the final outcome. If Anakin had never even FINISHED a race up until that day, it would still be unlikely that he would finish much less win. Thanks again all for letting me toss in my two cents.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2000 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

ahhh...it's nice to see that other 'great minds' are sometimes thinking what I am....

If there is only one thing I have learned about GL, everything is put in the movie for a reason....the prequal movies seam to be more dense and concentrated with visual clues and dialog...it's one of those things you have to see over and over to get the true meaning or the true hint of what lucas is putting out there for us to notice or NOT notice...

it would seam that qui gon noticed that anakin could possibly lose at this point of the race when he was looking at the portable monitor and was using the force to assist a little...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2000 09:50 AM
Great Master Brit Hunt

I like the idea of a Jedi using his powers for his own good.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:17 PM
Xantos Clone

did qui gon help anakin win the padrace?

for the 'common good'....the bigger picture...if you will. justified cheating...if one has to save the galaxy from evil...sometimes one must bend the rules and cheat from time to time....

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 08:53 AM
Dim
Creativity

Re: did qui gon help anakin win the padrace?

For the greater good..Qui-Gon wasn't above using the force to ensure the outcome for the greater good...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 08:31 PM
Darth Daft

No TV? No TV!?!?!

Dim, how comes you can afford a PC but you can't afford a TV? Don't you want a TV? Don't you want to watch videos? Don't you want to watch STAR WARS?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: No TV? No TV!?!?!

I was not offended at all.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 05:04 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

Dim....is that what I was trying to say.....?

ok, sounds good....what she said....

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 10:29 AM
Darth Daft

I think its okay for a Jedi to use the force to cheat, especially if lives are at stake. He was probably worried about Anakin getting hurt, so he decided to unlock the pods.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

If it's the will of the Force is it really cheating?...

And yes I do want to watch SW...very badly...I MISS IT!!! *sob*

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 06:56 AM
Xizor

Don't worry, I'm sure if you give him half a chance EvilJedi will buy Dim a TV.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I agree with that.smile

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 08:37 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay...knock it off...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 09:26 PM
Darth Daft

I'll contribute to the charity work you lot start. Dim, in no time at all you'll be as rich as Jabba, with not one, but TEN TVs. You'll have all the Star Wars movies on tape, a massive mansion, a king-sized bed, an everlasting food supply, a swimming pool, infinite internet time, your own movie studio, a grand cruise-ship, a huge colorful couch, your own @#%$tail bar, loads of servents and whatever luxurious stuff you want.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 11:16 PM
Dim
Creativity

Re: ..........

Ooooooooooh...I'm starting to like this idea laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 9th, 2000 11:39 AM