KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » anakin's slave chip/device

anakin's slave chip/device
Started by: Xantos Clone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xantos Clone

Anyone think about what happend to anakin's hidden slave device (or chip) that is implanted in them??

once he was no longer a slave, shouldn't they have showed the removal or deactivation of it?...

I know I would be like "ok, get this thing out of me Watto or my buddy qui gon will cut your wings off with his saber!!!!" I mean, that's a major thing man!!!

maybe watto gets pissed off and detonates it anyway...it would explain some serious injury...(besides the so called lava pit thing..)

"any attempt to escape...AND THEY BLOW YOU UP!!! BOOM"

Old Post Sep 27th, 2000 09:13 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

When Qui Gon went to collect Anakin Watto would have had to deactivate the device as part of thre deal, however that doesn't mean he removed it so it could still be inside his body.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2000 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

anakins slave chip/devise

do you think it will contribute later to any of his injuries?.....

or are we to just assume it was taken care of?...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 09:09 AM
Dim
Creativity

Re: anakins slave chip/devise

There's a good possiblity that it explodes..I think there has to be more of a reason for GL to put it in the storyline then just what we see in TPM.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

True, if could explain the big hole in the back of old Anakins head when Luke removes the mask in ROTJ.

Maybe Watto does it when (if) Anakin returns to Tatooine to find his mother.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tainted one

anakin says he is trying to make a device to locate his chip (so he can get rid of it himself i guess). he is pretty good with mechanical stuff. and 10 years is a long time between the movies. maybe it was taken care of in that time. maybe they won't even mention it, but it would be cool if it blew up.

how about this for a theory. obi-wan senses that anakin is turning to the dark side. he goes back to tatooine and finds watto and gets the control thingy that activates anakin's chip. then he confronts anakin and says, "turn to the light side of the force or i'll blow you up!" anakin sneers and attacks. obi-wan knocks him backward into a lava pit and then presses the button. lava erupts 30 meters into the air and obi-wan walks away.

okay, maybe it won't happen that way. but it was fun being that creative for a moment.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 06:58 PM
darth stu

if the chip is designed to keep slaves from escaping, then i doubt that anakin could survive the blast.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 07:09 PM
Dim
Creativity

smile I can't imagine OB1 blowing Anakin up... I think it's possible that the chip does blow up but doesn't kill him though...the chip could be damaged or erroded... it's sort of how old landmines are. They're designed to be 100% fatal but it doesn't aways work that way.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2000 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

I think we might be reading to much into this. When Anakin was freed I just assumed the device was taken out or permenately deactivated. I can't see that playing an important part. But what do I know? Your guess is as good as mine?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2000 08:35 AM
Dim
Creativity

True...just the fact Lucas chose to add it in makes me a little suspicious that it will come into play later smile

Old Post Sep 29th, 2000 08:59 AM
KJ
Sausages

Doesn't the TPM novel include a scene where Anakin and Qui-Gon go to Watto to get the chip removed? I just don't think Lucas wanted to include what would have been a very boring scene.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2000 01:15 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't know if it's in the novel...but you know the rule..if it's not in the movie it's subject to change..smile

Old Post Sep 30th, 2000 08:00 PM
KJ
Sausages

I forgot about that. Maybe it was in the script. I definately read about it somewhere.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 08:19 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Master Brit Hunt

It is in the script.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:13 PM
Darth Daft

In Novel

Yes and I seem to remember it being in the novel as well.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Re: In Novel

Yes..but it's not in the movie...that's what matters right?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 05:26 AM
Darth Daft

I guess

Yeah I guess, but I don't really think Watto is likely to set the thing off and kill Anakin. He isn't THAT mean is he?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

no...I don't think he will set it off....someone may try it, but I really think that deep down watto likes the kid.....he did not want to loose him for other reasons...besides loosing a slave or worker...

His downfall is greed, not hate...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 10:46 AM
Darth Daft

Basically I think it will not even be mentioned in the next two films. It's not really something anyone should be worrying about.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 01:33 AM
Dim
Creativity

I think it's too early to blow it off entirely smile

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 06:34 AM