KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » R2 D2

R2 D2
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

R2 D2

Does anyone else think it would be cool if R2 didn't have his memory erased and therefore he knew all the time that Vader was Lukes dad and Leia his sister.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2000 10:45 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth stu

R2 D2

why wouldn't he say something?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2000 10:58 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

hes a droid.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2000 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

King Jedi I agree with that. Because he knew where to go to meet civilization (or so we assume), which means 3PO's memory was erased but Artoo's wasn't. R2-D2 could remember Tatooine from his previous experiences there, and completely mapped the planet, knowing where any and all civilization is located.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 02:15 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I think it's more likely Artoo just has superior life sensing scanners then 3P0. That idea is real cool, but you wonder why R2 wouldn't tell 3P0, as info like that could have saved the characters loads of trouble.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

C-3PO is awfully ignorant, and thinks he's always right. He probably would ignore him anyways.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 02:44 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple

I could see it working. R2 is extreamly loyal, and he could have been working it from the inside, so to speak, to bring it all together for the Jedi.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 02:54 AM
Xizor

Maybe, but they'd have to pick and choose carefully what scenes and info R2 is privy to in the prequels for that to work.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Also if you watch ANH again, R2 seems to know Obi-Wan. He gives that little bleep which he does when he likes something and Ben says "come here my little friend". Even though Obi-Wan says he doesn't remember R2, I think he might.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 09:48 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Are you sure that wasn't a "you aren't OB1!!!" bleep.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2000 11:47 PM
darth stu

R2D2

right, or a "wow, you've really let yourself go" bleep.

It's curious, R2 seems to be suprised to see Ben, but on the other hand, he was heading in the right general direction to get to Ben's house.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2000 01:13 AM
Xizor

Re: R2D2

I think they each vaguely recall eachother, but have no great friend/ownership feelings for each other. Remember, Ben says he doesn't RECALL ever OWNING a droid. So he never owned R2, but he probably remembers him.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2000 01:20 AM
darth stu

R2D2

And, Ben could have been suprised to see R2 again after a couple of decades. "what, you again?"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2000 01:27 AM
Xizor

yeah probably.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2000 01:35 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

laughing out loud I agree on that.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2000 03:19 AM
KJ
Sausages

Artoos bleep was definatley a " Ah Obi-Wan, I haven't seen you for a while ", bleep.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2000 03:45 AM
Xizor

I concure, no way Ob1 is a clone, that would be really stupid.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2000 03:48 AM
The Maker

R2

Very interesting. Although, remember that there are millions of droids like R2 in the Galaxy.

S.J.S

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 08:39 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Re: R2

There always is a way, and what does the multiple droid thing have to do with it?? R2 has an identification code on him.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 08:41 PM
Dim
Creativity

Re: R2

Maybe it's an R2 clone...wink

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote