KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Darth Maul Debate

Darth Maul Debate
Started by: Assassin Maul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Assassin Maul

Darth Maul Debate

Was Mauls death fair?

Attachment: maul52.jpg
This has been downloaded 355 time(s).

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Assassin Maul a Private Message Find more posts by Assassin Maul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Assassin Maul

I think it was unfair.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Assassin Maul a Private Message Find more posts by Assassin Maul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

Why such a small picture? And yes his death was unfair.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

It was his own fault for being overconfident. Plus, "fair" doesn't matter in duel to the death.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

I think the whole Darth Maul character was a huge waste.. didnt we all somewhat expect the Darth to last thru at least 2.25 of the prequels before Vader took over? Especially seeing how cool Maul looked and how dominant he appeared when he faced Qui Gon and Obi Wan... it was cheap and unfair and a huge disappointment to see him cut down to end Episode 1 on a 'happy note'...

then, in ep 2, the Darth is just a big mystery, a secret, nobody even really knows there is a Darth Tyrannus or Darth Greivous or whoever else... who was the bad guy in ep 2? Count Dooku... sure sure he is Darth Dooku/Tyrannus whatever he is, but nobody even knew that at the time... so, for the first what 2/3 of ep 1, there was no Darth, and for the entirety of ep 2, again, no Darth... very sad, considering THE Darth, Vader dominated the Original Trilogy...

now in ep 3, what next? Tyrannus/Dooku/whatever you call him gets wasted to end the clone wars, right in the beginning, then Darth Grievous or whoever that is stays in shadows doing Palpatine/Darth Sidious' bidding for 60 minutes before he too gets wasted, and finally, FINALLY THE Darth, Vader is born?? so finally, after practically 2 whole episodes of NO Darths, we get 2 or 3 or 12 Darths cut down in quick succession, only to finally bring Vader center stage to survive and thrive thru eps 4, 5, 6.... it all seems so 'forced' (pardon the pun) and really kinda weak, when you consider how Vader had endured and endeared himself thru the original trilogy, to go thru so many Darths, without really even focusing on the whole Darthness of them all, for the 'first' 3 prequels...

sucks a$$, if you ask me...

did that answer the question? I forget... forgive the ramble, I hope it makes some sense... oh and the reason none of what might be called 'spoilers' are blocked out as 'possible spoilers' is because I really dont have any idea how Ep 3 is going to play out, or who the Darths/Sith Lords will be, just babbling on about what little I have skimmed from these boards, and from everyone's favorite place for spoilers, SS.com smile ... so, don't take my babble seriously... I dont know what I'm talking about, and dont say it to spoil anything... its just rambling babble, in case you couldnt tell...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Last edited by crAZRick on Feb 27th, 2004 at 09:53 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 09:46 AM
Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

agreeing with Darth Revan

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 10:22 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by SlickRick69
everyone's favorite place for spoilers, SS.com smile ...

um... No... blink

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Wow mate, was that a sarcastic comment?
I sure hope so.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 09:34 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I agree Maul did not get enough screen time- in fact, just a couple more establishing scenes for him would have gone a LONG way.

But his death was very fair, I thought. Good way for a guy like him to go.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 02:13 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

As mentioned earlier, fair hardly counts...but it sure seemed like it was a forced way for him to have been killed, I think anyone attuned to the force should have noticed what kenobi was doing, and to have stood there while obi leaped over him and then slice him apart without even brandishing his weapon against the Jedi seemed rather out of character for even someone who wasn't of Maul's skill.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

i think darth maul is way cooler than darth vader. it pisses me off to see him in fight scene that lasts only say 10 mins? where as darth vader lasts 3 whole episodes. And give it up to darth maul, he faced two jedis together.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 10:49 AM
Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by FrothByte
i think darth maul is way cooler than darth vader. it pisses me off to see him in fight scene that lasts only say 10 mins? where as darth vader lasts 3 whole episodes. And give it up to darth maul, he faced two jedis together.

i think his death was fair - he fought two jedis and killed one of them.

i think its good that Darth Maul isnt over used, his character has become like Boba Fett was before ep1+2 - a cool, mysterious character.

Darth Vader is the central character of the whole saga
boy --> jedi --> dark side --> vader --> redemption.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 12:53 PM
Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

I thought C3PO was the central character to the whole saga?

Naked new-born droid --> droid that gets destroyed at the droid army construction facility --> (EP3 probably also gets wrecked, probably by Sith Lords or something) --> droid that gets dismantled by Tusken raiders --> droid that gets blasted to pieces by Imperial stormtroopers --> droid that becomes God to mini-Wookie looking Ewoks... from naked newborn to God, C3Po grows and develops as a central character to the saga...

or R2D2

droid who saves the fleeing Queen by fixing the shield generator--> droid who saves the Queen again by turning off the molten metal conveyor pot moments before Amidala is boiled to death --> (EP 3 probably saves the Queen/Resistance by turning something on or off) -->droid who saves the Princess from the garbage masher AND saves the Death Star plans for the Rebel Alliance --> droid who help a boy become a man become a Jedi in a swamp --> droid who helps that same boy/man/Jedi save the Jedi's friend on the Jedi's home planet from an evil slug, then later helps that saved friend destroy a shield generator in order that the Rebel Alliance may destroy another Death Star... R2 comes full circle too, from fixing shield generators to helping to destroy shield generators, all in the name of growth and character development, as much as in the name of the resistance and the rebel alliance against the evil empire.

Darth Maul was just eye-candy for like 12 minutes of ep 1... sad... sad

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 10:54 PM
Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

darth mauls death was not unfair. obi wan, after splitting mauls saber, had maul fighting a retreating battle. maul fought dirty, using a force push on obi wan. now, when obi wan ws hanging off the ledge, all mul had to do was kill himj. but no, maul had to gloat. this gave obi wan the chance he needed to recover and kill maul. mauls deth was his own doing.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i dont think using the force push was dirty

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 05:02 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

it was fighting dirty. but, then again, maul was a sith lord. i think it is obvious a sith will do anything to win a fight.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blah84

I think maul was clone before his was sent to fight

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:00 AM
Click here to Send blah84 a Private Message Find more posts by blah84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blah84

is any one gonna talk to me

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:02 AM
Click here to Send blah84 a Private Message Find more posts by blah84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blah84

im geten pissed

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:04 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

maul? a clone? thats ludicrous.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:24 AM