KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatine and the darkside...

Palpatine and the darkside...
Started by: Skywalker1025

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Skywalker1025
Dark Apprentice

Worried Palpatine and the darkside...

So do any of you think it might be revealed who might have taught or how Palpatine comes to be the "Almighty" when it comes to the darkside???

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Skywalker1025 a Private Message Find more posts by Skywalker1025 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

Not in the movies probably. That info is more EU than anything as it has no real relevance to the star wars storyline.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 01:03 AM
Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ih8jarjar

i always thought it'd be cool if palpatine were to give anakin a brief history of the sith - like mentioning the sith wars, especially because there's no explicit reference to it in any of the movies. the closest they get is in ep 1 when one of the jedis says "impossible, the sith have been extinct for a millenia." i'm willing to bet that something like this could happen, just because most casual viewers of ep3 won't know what the sith are getting revenge for.

ps - it'd be cool for palpatine to take anakin to a sith temple, if one exists.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 01:13 AM
Click here to Send ih8jarjar a Private Message Find more posts by ih8jarjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

it would be cool if there was some one behind the scene that would come out and tell palpatine what to do and how to do it like maybe someone who is more wrinkled than him in Return of the jedi.for now may force be with you.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 01:21 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ravenous
The Stoned DarkLord

My friend told me that he found holocronz when he was young on the darkside teachings or somthing

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Ravenous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ravenous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skywalker1025
Dark Apprentice

hmmm...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Skywalker1025 a Private Message Find more posts by Skywalker1025 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'd like to see how he became as Sith, but I know that won't be explained in Episode 3, and IMHO, it doesn't need to be explained sad
But it'd still be cool to know. wink

I like George.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

It will never be overtly revealed. One of Lucas' few good traits is that he leaves some things as a mystery. Everyone can have their personal opinion if things are left untouched.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by darth_surgent
Everyone can have their personal opinion if things are left untouched.

and plenty if they are not! wink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:33 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

^ That's true.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, there should be no back story.....

However, I've always assumed that Palps master was either A) his father or B) someone who stole him away from his parents when he was born....

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Maybe...he just studied that ways of the dark side by himself. blink

I like George.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 03:09 AM
Master Kadub

It may be part of the EU, but
like I have successful debated
for years the 'EU' is always relavant.....

I would not be surprised at all if
something is spoken about how
Palpatine learned the ways of the
force or who from......
shifty

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

"It will never be overtly revealed. One of Lucas' few good traits is that he leaves some things as a mystery. Everyone can have their personal opinion if things are left untouched."

I disagree. It isn't a 'good trait', its just bad writing and planning. I think Palpatines story will be told in a novel or comic book after Ep 3 is out. The only thing Lucas told EU creators to stay away from was the Clone Wars, since he was planning on telling that story. After Ep 3, if Lucas really plans to drop SW forever, the EU will be open to any story that someone wants to tell. I can't wait, since I think the EU stuff is 10 times better than anything Lucas himself has done.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, or they could just explain it to us by making the E True Hollywood Palpy Story.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 04:26 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Yeah, or they could just explain it to us by making the E True Hollywood Palpy Story.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:05 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is nothing a all lazy about not explaining in detail every single part of what anyone would ever want to know. It really is not greatly relevant to the storyline who taught Palpy; it is only of curious interest and hence is not a big gap if it is not there.

Whatever the EU says will be someone else's interpretation of the case; the only relevant issue when talking of the storyline of the films is what GL's interpretation is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 28th, 2004 at 11:35 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 11:31 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

I heard the 'Palpy discovering a holocron' story myself. I think it was EU but there are better qualified people then me who could probably give you the name of the novel, though for some reason I think it was a comic.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Does it really matter

He learnt it
he used it

That is all you need to know

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:22 PM
Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote