KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sifo Dyas - The Client of the Kaminoans

Sifo Dyas - The Client of the Kaminoans
Started by: GCG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GCG
Red Bull

Sifo Dyas - The Client of the Kaminoans

So we are aware (at least myself) that the identity of this mysterious figure will be revealed in episode 3.

Is this the surprise Lucas is keeping away from all spoiler forums. there must be something thats not yet revealed with which he will want to Jack-in-the-Box Fans about

Sifo Dyas

Race: Unknown
Death: 10 years before the clone wars in episode 1
Affilation: Jedi (or so ?)
His Master: Unknown
His Apprentice: Unknown

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 02:12 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

There have been a lot of threads about this. The general concensus is that...we will have no idea who Sifo is until the movie comes out.

I for one think the revelation of his identity is going to be an anti-climactic event. I think fans have made more of this secret than there is to be told.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

i have put 'SIFO DYAS' through an anagram server and these where the results:

A ID OF SYS
A DO IF SYS
AD OSSIFY
AD OF I SYS
FAD SI SOY
FAD IS SOY
FDA SI SOY
FDA IS SOY
FADS I SOY
AID OF SYS
DAISYS OF
ADO IF SYS
SAD IF SOY
ADS IF SOY
DAYS IF SO
DAYS OF SI
DAYS OF IS
DAY IF SOS
DAY OF SIS
DAY FOSS I
OAF ID SYS
FAY ID SOS
FAY DIS SO
FAY SID SO
FAY DO SIS
FAY SOD SI
FAY SOD IS
FAY DOS SI
FAY DOS IS
FAY DOSS I
FAY SODS I
SAYS ID OF
SAYS DO IF
SAY DIS OF
SAY SID OF
SAY SOD IF
SAY DOS IF

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 02:30 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechamaster73

Sifo-Dyas, as I see it.

I developed this theory after viewing Episode II for the first time. If it contradicts with anything please tell me because this is what I truly believe to be the twist of Episode III.
Sifo Dyas = Sidious = Palpatine.
I'll explain...

Sifo Dyas, a well established member of the Jedi Council, ten years prior to Episode II, has in his heart turned evil. The reasons being those typically associated with becoming a Sith, but Sifo Dyas is smarter than Dooku. He doesn't disappear and reappear as a general, he knows better than that. Sifo Dyas, before faking his death, contracts the Kamnioans to build a clone army using the unlimited budget bestowed on the Jedi from the Senate. After faking his death, he takes on the forms we know his as over the next several years. As Sidious, he trains Darth Maul (a small piece of his plan that fails, but not a vital one) and becomes Senator Palpatine from Naboo, a rising political star. At his urging, as Palpatine, he convinced Queen Amidala to propose a vote of no confidence which, as we know, gives him the position of Supreme Chancellor. Now, as Sidious at this time, he finds the rebellious Count Dooku and uses him to carry out his Separatist movement in HIS senate. After being granted emergency powers in Episode II to call upon the clone army he made ten years before, and being the Sith Lord in control of the Separatist movement he is now controlling both sides of a war. Sifo-Dyas, one the most brilliant villains ever has initiated a war he has complete control over. Being in control of both sides, his power is assured. He has the Separatist movement finally qualmed by the increasingly Imperial Republic and in Episode III he pronounces that the Jedi are part of the newest anti-Republic movement that he hasn't expected, the Rebellion. Therefore, he orders the extermination of the Jedi knowing that only he, his powerful apprentice Darth Vader, and the son that Vader bore to be the only other Force-sensitive users who could produce any threat. With Vader under his control, and assuming Vader can one day tempt Luke to the Dark Side, his plan is complete.

Please give me feedback and what you think!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:29 AM
Click here to Send mechamaster73 a Private Message Find more posts by mechamaster73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

yep GL said in ep2 on the commentary that whoever erased the planet kamino from archives will be revealed I think it was palpatine.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:56 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

i have seen many posts flying around the net saying it was Sidiuos aka Chancellor Palpatine. Yours must be the most convincing one.

The Sith were formed by former Jedi

Jedis that had renounced to hinder transgression and enforce discipline. The dark side of the Force beckons to the impatient, and students in the past have been lured to its call with devastating consequences. The Jedi had lost some 'Twenty' ; the Fallen and from these fallen there was a great feeling of anxiety and waryness as the dark side of the Force is marred by hateful energies. A question poders me ; So if chancellor palpatine must have been a Jedi to be Sith, how come does not Yoda or any other member of the Jedi council sense any force in him ? Does palpatine manage to hide this as well as his disfiguerment so well that the Jedi are powerless to detect ?

My answer would be a yes but i cannot really give any support to my theory.

IMO the Jedi were so lazy and laid back that they tought the Sith were completly extinct. In PM they knew that each apprentice had a Master and therfore the Fall of the Jedi can only be attributed to
1) Palpatine's ability to conjure a fake war and create a diversion
2) The centuries of slackness from the council

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:57 AM
darktim1

I read in a novel that the sith trained with the jedi in the jedi temple with out them knowing so this could have been how he might of trained in that time.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:03 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechamaster73

Yeah, a thousand years of no major threats can do that to you. smile

Some more proof of Sifo-Dyas' genius. Taking advantage of the low guard of the Jedi. If this turns out to be true, Sifo-Dyas would be the most ingenius villain in the whole SW universe, if not ever in theater. Ruling an entire galaxy... I started gaining respect for Palpatine after seeing him duel it out with Luke in Dark Empire (EU, I know, but a suitable candidate for canon), then after realizing how powerful of a Sith Lord he was I gained even more, but if he's Sifo-Dyas, he'll be one of my fav. characters.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:12 AM
Click here to Send mechamaster73 a Private Message Find more posts by mechamaster73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechamaster73

quote:
Originally posted by darktim1
I read in a novel that the sith trained with the jedi in the jedi temple with out them knowing so this could have been how he might of trained in that time.

Quinlan Vos was sorta Sith...hmmm...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:14 AM
SITH

Intresting. Also remember, in Ep 2 just after Mace and Yoda find out about the clone army, Mace asks Yoda somegthing like "Do you think we should reveal the fact that our force power's are diminshing" and yoda says no, it would make them to vulnerable or something like that. I think they did get to lazy

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:09 AM
Click here to Send SITH a Private Message Find more posts by SITH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

and when Obi-1 has a comlink with Mace & Yoda from Kamino he mentions to them that a Jedi by the name of Sifo-Dyas had commissioned the Clone Army based on Jango Fett's template, their answer was (looking at eachother) [silence]".........................." [/silence].

what did Mace and/or Yoda know ? were they keeping Obi1 in the darkside of some secret ?

i think they knew that Sifo-Dyas was Sidious in Kaminoan language or they knew that perhaps Sifo-Dyas was the Jedi's former name beore he had turned to the Darkside of the force.

besides on a different note, i anagrammed Vader and one of the results turned out to RAVED - exactly what anakin becomes in Episode 3

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:56 AM
Havoc X
The Priestess's Mercenary

Sifo-Dyas is Dooku
think about it the clones were ordered 10 years the same time dooku left the jedi
also jango said he was recruited by a man called Tyranis (dookus sith name)
dooku is setting up sidiouses Empire

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Havoc X a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

10 years or so b4 the clone wars also marks the death of Qui-Gon. And Sifo-dyas was said to have deceased around the same time of Qui-Gon's death

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:17 AM
Havoc X

right and at this same time dooku left the order

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Havoc X a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

quote:
Originally posted by cavola
10 years or so b4 the clone wars also marks the death of Qui-Gon. And Sifo-dyas was said to have deceased around the same time of Qui-Gon's death

we know dooku nor qui gon is sifo-dyas because the jedi knew sifo dyas and knew that he was not qui gon or dooku.. but knew him as someone else.

now hmm.. who do we know that is capable of looking different??
maybe in episode 3 they'll get the chance to use that expression "sidous betrayed and murdered the good man that was sifo-dyas"

wow.. i'm a genius.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:38 AM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc X

no i am not saying dooku is sifo-dyas
i am saying that he impersonated sifo-dyas after he was dead
so he could order the clones as sidious commanded him to
while leaving the jedi confused

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:58 AM
Gangularis

yes.. count dooku aka tyranus aka sifo-dyas aka captain crunch aka yoda's step father.

such the impersonator he is..

I hear he does a great impression of a wookie too.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Re: Sifo Dyas - The Client of the Kaminoans

quote:
Originally posted by cavola
Death: 10 years before the clone wars in episode 1

(that's episode 2 of course wink)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 10:10 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

but if palps=sifo dias...why do the jedi not recognize him in ep2?
plastic surgery?

besides, in ep1, palpatine was already a well established senator. i dont understand how he could rise so fast.

mechamaster's theory, as juicy as we would like it to be...will prove to be incorrect i feel...i think creechur is correct in that the identity of syfo dias will be anti-climactic. not saying it will suck...but its just that we've all managed to hype it up so much that the real answer will probably leave us feeling a bit let down.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 01:19 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Everyone know that Sifo Dyas is General Grievous.

smile

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 01:23 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote