KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars Sequels

Star Wars Sequels
Started by: Darth Malik

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

Star Wars Sequels

Has Any one seen imdb or theforce.net today. There's a post on theforce stating that all employes of ILM have been asked to sign a non-disclossure agreement form regarding episodes 7,8 & 9

Obviously can't be sure how worthy the source is but it's intresting

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Malik a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Malik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

well, one thing is for sure, there will be more after episode 3. :-)
if 7,8,9 are ever made, i doubt GL will take part on them. i guess he would just write the script and let others do the job. he is too old stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:12 AM
Click here to Send NoMeN a Private Message Find more posts by NoMeN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucasfilm Denies SW Sequel Rumors
Wed, Aug 25, 04 04:26:22 AM EDT

YourMom01 points us to Digital Spy for some interesting tidbits about the rumors surrounding the sequel trilogy:
Lucasfilm recently denied plans to film more films in the Star Wars franchise, and George Lucas himself has always denied such plans. Perhaps the agreements allegedly signed by the effects company see the beginning of a change of policy.
EOnline has a great story on the subject today as well. Here's a clip - head there for the complete story!
But the franchise lay dormant the rest of the decade--the closest Lucas came to doing a sequel was green-lighting a series of best-selling books by sci-fi author Timothy Zahn in the early '90s.
Things were looking grim until 1997, when Lucas revived interest in the space opera with spiffed-up versions of the original trilogy--1977's Star Wars (now rechristened Star Wars: Episode IV--A New Hope), 1980's The Empire Strikes Back (Star Wars: Episode V--The Empire Strikes Back), and 1983's Return of the Jedi (Star Wars: Episode VI--Return of the Jedi).

Following those successful rereleases, Lucas went to work on the prequels. But in a 1998 interview with Vanity Fair, the writer-director denied ever having any plans to make nine Star Wars movies.

"When you see it in six parts, you'll understand," Lucas said at the time. "It really ends at part six."

Star Wars: Episode I--The Phantom Menace came out in 1999 and Star Wars: Episode II--Attack of the Clones followed in 2002. While both films took a critical drubbing, they more than made up for it at the box office, earning a more than $1.5 billion combined worldwide.

Lucas plans on issuing a four-disc DVD box set of the original trilogy on Sept. 21 followed by the last prequel (or sixth Star Wars movie, depending on how you count 'em), Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, is scheduled to open theatrically on May 19, 2005. And that will be it.

Unless you believe the rumors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:21 AM
Click here to Send NoMeN a Private Message Find more posts by NoMeN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

I still think he will do it, even if it is just for the money. He must know that we will all carry on going to watch them no matter how many he makes. And the money he makes out of them has surely got to be a huge incentive.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Malik a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Malik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

money? wtf? he is rich and old! he doesnt need more money! he just wants to die in peace.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:38 AM
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

Come off it, Everybody with money always wants more. I'm pretty sure his not just sitting around waiting to die going oh yes now I have made six star wars films I can finally die in peace knowing that my life is complete.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:43 AM
NoMeN

well, he waited more than 20 years to make the PT. i would really love to see sequels, but i sadly doubt it will ever happen. sad

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:49 AM
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

True, But it's still nice to hope that one day we will see them. Looks like we are just gonna be stuck with EU then.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:53 AM
NoMeN

yep, its nice to hope smile as i said, I would really really love to see more movies.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 09:58 AM
yerssot

don't count on it ... for the time being

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 10:06 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

But there's always hope.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 10:08 AM
nigeyo2000

I agree

someone will make them !!

doesnt luke turn to the darkside in 8 or 9 ?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 10:09 AM
Click here to Send nigeyo2000 a Private Message Find more posts by nigeyo2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

bah! stupid luke!

didn't you learn anything from that whole ordeal with your father??

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 10:36 AM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

Kids, they just don't learn do they. Like father like son.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 10:43 AM
Darth_Duffy

he wouldnt have turned to the dark side in a lucas vision of the star wars sequels, all this EU stuff just confuses people

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

What would have happened then? anyone know or heard what lucas's original vision for EP 7,8 & 9 were?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:25 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

oh GOD!!!!!!!! This has been discussed to DEATH!!!!! And it has been CONFIRMED that LUCAS WILL NOT BE DOING EP7, 8 & 9!! Star Wars is the story of ANAKIN PERIOD. It's over after ROTJ. I swear peeps see one little thing rumouring the continuing the movies and the fanboys all have a wet dream. messed Why cant this topic simply DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Aug 25th, 2004 at 12:26 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:24 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

so JP, do you think there will be sequel films?
sorry to ask again, but your last answer wasn't clear enough stick out tongue

...remember...don't mince words

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:32 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

sorry PVS old buddy, but since this very topic has been talked about so many times I think people posting such a topic should know by now what the reaction of the Priestess is going to be. It's one of the few things that leads to nuclear fission in my brain. wink In fact if memory serves me I promised to kill the next person bringing it up......now where are my Sith accomplices? laughing out loud a few examples of this topics refusal to die.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t25300.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...sodes+7+8+%26+9

Last edited by ~JP~ on Aug 25th, 2004 at 12:43 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:37 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Malik
Dark Lord Of The Sith

OK JP you say it has been confirmed that Lucas will not make any more star wars movies, but i'm sure the man can change his mind. It was just three years ago it was confirmed that there would now not be an AVP movie, and wern't we all expecting the new superman movie about three years ago. So I say things change and remember before tpm Lucas said he would never consider doing a TV series of star wars, Yet now his company is looking into the possibility and that is a FACT.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:40 PM