KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Luke/Leia conversation

Luke/Leia conversation
Started by: ajrocksteady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ajrocksteady

Miffed Luke/Leia conversation

Hello all! Just a few mins ago at work, my friend and i were watching Episode 1 and just talkin Star Wars.(circuit city) Our store is filled with star wars stuff in prep for tuesday so its hard not to talk about it, but anyways we were discussing Return of the Jedi when an interesting point came up. During the revealing convo between Luke and Leia the catalyst for the convo was Luke asking her if she remembered her real mother. It got us to thinking that if Luke had no memory of her and never knew her, why would he ask her that question? Why ask about someone u don't know or remember? Was he just trying to learn about the mother he never knew? Is this just setting up what we know about the twins being separated? If Padme dies briefly after giving birth how does one remember her and the other doesn't? Maybe this isn't the best question or i'm reading into it too much but i just found it strange. Any thoughts?

One

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 08:58 PM
Click here to Send ajrocksteady a Private Message Find more posts by ajrocksteady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

The only reason behind asking Leia was for Luke to try to learn whatever he could about his mother, thats why he insists on "your real mother" and then says "I have no memory of my mother..."

As for how Leia knows anything, that'll just have to be explained by Lucas somehow or become another one of the many plot errors.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 11:11 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

how about leia comes out first.. her mother holds her.. and looks at her, but there's a sorrow in her face...... leia remembers this about her.

padme then dies... a few moments later, another little suprise pops out and it's Luke!!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Old question, this. Luke is obviously trying to trace his past, but the 'remembering her mother' things is either going to be explained, or it is a plot error, or it is removed from the new DVD editions.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 20th, 2004 at 10:03 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Exactly.

Or Padme doesn't actually die.......

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Old question, this. Luke is obviously trying to trace his past, but the 'remembering her mother' things is either going to be explained, or it is a plot eorror, or it is removed from the new DVD editions.

It is not removed from the DVD's, it's the same old conversation.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It hasn't been changed? Then I wonder what's gonna happen to Padme and Leia in ROTS...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 08:27 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Her not dying would come under it being explained. But my guess still is that no direct explanation will be offered.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 10:03 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zutalurs

I always got the sense that Luke wasn't looking for info about his past as much as he was looking for a way to bring up Leia's adoption so he could tell her she is his sister.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 12:51 PM
Click here to Send zutalurs a Private Message Find more posts by zutalurs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Her not dying would come under it being explained. But my guess still is that no direct explanation will be offered.

That would be allright with me though. How much confirmed ARE the reports that Padme dies?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 02:19 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

All I know is that by the end of the movie she is a corpse. I heard through "rumors" her coffin looks kinda cool. Kinda like carbonite Han, only displaying her in a more pretty way, instead of like Han with look on his face.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 02:35 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So her death is confirmed... hhmmm.. odd..

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 02:39 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

several reviews have pointed out that this line has "either been altered or omitted". I don't know what Morridini is talking about. We'll find out tomorrow though. If it isn't changed, then maybe she doesn't die. Maybe Lucas filmed two versions to throw off fans or is just leaking "bad" info on purpose. He did have some nice cover ups with the "i'm your father" line.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 03:34 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

U don't understand what i am talking about?
I am talking about the conversation not being changed. remember that the DVD's are allready out somewhere in the world, including Norway.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

oh i know what you're talking about. I'm just pointing out that several reviews of the AMERICAN version, say that it has been changed. Now I'm not saying your wrong, but ben burtt and several others have pointed out that they aren't changing everything in the other countries, like somewhere in Europe Leia is actually known as Lela. And they didn't change her. There are many translations that end up saying things differently. So in the reviews of the version I'm buying tommorow, it very well may be "altered or omitted" since several reviews I've read have said that it is. Now these reviewers could be wrong, but a lot of them are saying this. That's why I said we'll find out tommorrow for those of us who get it on the 21st.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 03:42 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guiro72

everything i've heard says line won't be changed....

best explanation i've heard was on another thread on this board...theory went: luke and obi get dropped off on tatooine first, then leia, padme, bail etc. travel on to alderaan, giving leia some quality time with padme before she dies....will try to find out who's idea this was to give credit (or save me the time and come forward).....nice work, whoever you are....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 11:19 PM
Click here to Send guiro72 a Private Message Find more posts by guiro72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guiro72

was captain midnight.....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 11:32 PM
Click here to Send guiro72 a Private Message Find more posts by guiro72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

So far, there isn't official confirmation of Padme's death, just speculation at this point. She may very well fake her death to watch over Leia from a distance.
Lucas couldn't film a funeral scene on-set, then film a scene of her in disguise looking sad somewhere on Alderaan? A shot like that would be done in front of blue (green) screen anyway.......
If she doesn't die, she'd have to fake her death because of her fame. And Lucas has maintained the paranoid Naboo tradition of disguising their leaders....

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So, all's still open.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 08:28 AM
Master Kadub

I dont think Padme dies......
it would screw up a lot of stuff....
I mean the only real purpose to Padme dying would
be to portray Anakins darkest moment [if he kills her];

or that she mask herself in death to watch over leia...

Luke is just stuck out to survive for himself, and I have always
thought that line he has with Leia in ROTJ was to bridge their
relationship as brother and sister.....

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 08:46 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote