KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Non Humanoid Jedi

Non Humanoid Jedi
Started by: Mortanius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mortanius
Just begin again

Non Humanoid Jedi

A long time ago I heard of a rumor that Lucas envisioned some Jedi that weren't humanoid. Some of these aliens had tentacles or didn't have limbs. They used the force to wield their light saber weapons.

I'm pretty sure we won't see anything like this in ROTS, but it would be cool.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, plus we've already gotten a look at some non-human Jedi in AOTC. smile But they all had limbs.

I like George.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

non humanOID, not non-human stick out tongue

that'd be cool too see big grin

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captainmidnight

Re: Non Humanoid Jedi

quote:
Originally posted by Mortanius
A long time ago I heard of a rumor that Lucas envisioned some Jedi that weren't humanoid. Some of these aliens had tentacles or didn't have limbs. They used the force to wield their light saber weapons.

I'm pretty sure we won't see anything like this in ROTS, but it would be cool.
laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 5th, 2004 11:36 PM
Click here to Send captainmidnight a Private Message Find more posts by captainmidnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

My life will not be complete until I see a Hutt Jedi

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captainmidnight

a wookie jedi would be cool too

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 01:55 AM
Click here to Send captainmidnight a Private Message Find more posts by captainmidnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

I thought we had Alien Jedi already..... confused
A wookiee Jedi would be cool though...
And I dont want to even think about a Hutt Jedi....

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

non-humanoid does not mean simply alien. Humanoid is anything human looking, including wookiees. If you have two legs and two arms you're fairly humanoid. even a hutt is humanoid. He said NON humanoid. He's talking about things that look more like a jello mold. or a squid. something extremely animal, that doesn't walk upright neccissarily. And yes that would be cool, the closest I've seen is in the tales of the jedi comics, they had the wolflike jedi master that was huge. I wish they'd do something like that in the films. Really wow people with some serious divesity of species.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:31 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

quote:
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
non-humanoid does not mean simply alien. Humanoid is anything human looking, including wookiees. If you have two legs and two arms you're fairly humanoid. even a hutt is humanoid. He said NON humanoid. He's talking about things that look more like a jello mold. or a squid. something extremely animal, that doesn't walk upright neccissarily. And yes that would be cool, the closest I've seen is in the tales of the jedi comics, they had the wolflike jedi master that was huge. I wish they'd do something like that in the films. Really wow people with some serious divesity of species.

Thank you! Finally someone that understands where I was coming from.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 03:46 AM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

We should take a look the Jedi council from TPM.....

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 06:40 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

why?? they all had two legs and two arms and a head, which is humanoid. so why would we look at them in a thread about NON HUMANOID JEDI?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 06:48 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.::Levi@than::.

What 'bout Oppo Rancis? He has tentacles if I remember correctly...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:32 AM
Click here to Send .::Levi@than::. a Private Message Find more posts by .::Levi@than::. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Mortanius makes a good point, Lucas should've put in some really odd-looking Jedi (even non-Jedi). Why not? Isn't that what the CG is for? To make things that couldn't be done before?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:42 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

Oppo Rancis is a humanoid lifeform. Like I said before, Jabba is humanoid. Both of these characters have a generally human like form. Now, if say... a large wolf like thing was actually a jedi, and communicated through the force with other Jedi, that would be non-humanoid. Or if some gelatinous blob was a jedi, and used the force to communicate with others and to wield a lightsaber, that would be non-humanoid. If there was a huge bat like creature (not like man-bat from batman) but a huge @$$ bat, that would be non-humanoid. All the jedi people are pointing out have animalistic qualities, but they've been added/combined with the general human form. Hense the term Humanoid. I can't believe so many people don't understand humanoid vs non humanoid. Hasn't anyone here taken Biology? Anthropology?

Here: and in-universe look at what could be a non-humanoid jedi:
Dewbacks, Bantha's, Ronto's, Kaadu's and anything else in that range. Now, these creatures don't appear to be much smarter than horses or cows, but, ILM could design NEW creatures that would be highly intelligent, but evolved to being large or small animals because that's what their planet demanded of them in order to survive. So they'd be smart (or smarter) than the average HUMANOID, but they wouldn't have human like qualities, they'd be animalistic, which would be NON-HUMANOID. Everybody with me now? Or does Mr. Wizard need to do another demo?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 02:57 PM
captainmidnight

BUZZKILL

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 02:46 AM
ProfessorPajama

I know that this thread is old, but I just wanted to say that everything you are talking about exists. There was a Hutt Jedi named Beldorion that enslaved a planet and used his force powers to maintain a buff physique (He turned to the dark side) And there was a Wookiee jedi named Tyvokka that rubbed elbows with the pre-dark side Count Dooku and Qui-Gon-Jinn. And the the main point, the non-humanoid jedi... There was one by the name of Ooroo, he was a Celegian and breathed cyanogen, toxic to other life forms. He wielded his lightsaber with the force and when he visited highly oxygenated planets he had to be in a kind of portable tank so he could survive. He was not humanoid by any means. When order 66 was executed he fought bravely to defend the citizens of a planet and his apprentice/padawan. To save as many as he could he shattered his tank and sent cyanogen (the poisonous gas) into the lungs of Messassi warriors. He sacrificed himself and is one of my favorite jedi masters.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 03:10 PM
Click here to Send ProfessorPajama a Private Message Find more posts by ProfessorPajama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 04:07 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Wookiee's are humanoid.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 04:03 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wookiee's are scum. We don't need their kind.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Someone's showing their "Grand Moff"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 04:44 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote