KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Thoughts on Title's

Thoughts on Title's
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xizor

Thoughts on Title's

What do you think the title of Ep2 should be? My choice would be "The Empire Strikes" or "Rise of the Empire." "The Clone Wars" won't make it for 2 reasons:
1)saying wars twice in 1 sentance "Star Wars The Clone Wars" sounds real bad.
2)Lucas wouldn't want to advertise his love story as a one-dimensional war film.
Your Thoughts?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2000 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Heinous

I'm certain Episode WON't be called The Clone Wars. I can't think of a good title for Episode 2. How about Revenge Of The Sith or The Fall Of The Republic for Episode 3?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2000 02:46 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minok

I like "Fall of the Republic" .

Old Post Jul 21st, 2000 03:46 AM
Xizor

Fall of the Jedi?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2000 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The great Wise Master Brit Hunt

Episode 2: The Dark ages or Episode 2: Love of a jedi and for the third and finaly movie. Episode 3: The fall of The Jedi.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2000 10:02 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

I think it might be too early to say Rise of the Empire or Fall of the Jedi in Ep. II, I think most Jedi will die in Ep. III. Empire Strikes is a bad title because its too similar to Ep. V. I like Revenge of the Sith.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2000 12:37 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Good points. I'm liking Revenge of the Sith for Ep2 and Fall of the Jedi for Ep3. GL couldn't get revenge in the title for ROTJ because it wasn't a Jedi concept, but it's certainly a concept of the sith.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2000 05:08 AM
KJ
Sausages

I like "Dark Force Rising", I think there was a computer game called that but it is still a cool name.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2000 02:58 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minok

"Dark Force Rising " was the title of the second book in the Thrawn trilogy."Dark Force " refers to a Old Republic fleet that was lost.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2000 07:29 PM
KJ
Sausages

It would still be my choice "Dark Force Rising" for EP2 and "Revenge of the Sith" for EP3.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2000 07:11 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I think Epi. II should be called something like ''Begining of The Empire'' or ''Start of The Empire'' instead of ''Rise of The Empire''.The empire is formed later on in the movie probally so rise should not be used.If the empire is not yet formed ''Revenge of The Sith'' should be used.For Epi. III it should be ''Fall of The Jedi''.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2000 05:42 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solardarth

name

imperial dawn

Old Post Jul 29th, 2000 10:29 AM
Minok

Re: name

"Jedi Hunt"

Old Post Jul 29th, 2000 08:07 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Jedi Hunt is to blunt and short, its like naming a SW film "Sabre Duel" or "Space Fight"

Old Post Jul 30th, 2000 11:45 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Unknownbountyhunter- NO opinion bashing, remember Raz can ban you. But I agree with you anyway that "Jedi Hunt" is too blunt. Lucas has a certain style when it comes to titles. The first episode in both trilogies are about a single person ie The Phantom Menace and A New Hope. The third films have something to do with Jedi or Sith in their title and so the second films have something to do with the bigger picture ie The Empire Strikes Back. So the second film won't mention a single person in it's title or the Jedi/Sith, it will have something to do with the state of the Galaxy or war.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2000 08:18 PM
Xizor

KingJedi you are quite the hypocrite. You've bashed my opinions on seeing book characters in the movies in a very unprofessional way. It was worse then the way unknownbountyhunter disagreed with your poor excuses for movie titles.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2000 11:26 PM
Xizor

Ep2 should be "Rise of the Empire," that's the best title. Ep3 should be "Fall of the Jedi" or "Revenge of the Sith."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2000 11:30 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Revenge of the Sith, Fall of the Jedi pertains to much and is to relative to rise of the empire.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2000 08:04 AM
Xizor

Unknownbountyhunter, you said you liked Revenge of the Sith, and since most Jedi die in Ep3 that's a good title for it. What do you think is a good Ep2 title?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2000 01:58 AM
Solardarth

Re:title

Timmy, and the lords of the underworld cool

Old Post Aug 4th, 2000 10:50 AM