KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Questions -- Which Scene Is This Costume/Pic From?

Questions -- Which Scene Is This Costume/Pic From?
Started by: Count Doodoo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

Questions -- Which Scene Is This Costume/Pic From?

I originally posted a question in the "palps/sidious - wtf???" thread which was a little off the topic and didn't get a response, perhaps because the palp/sidious topic is a "been-there-discussed-that" thing, and the thread was ignored because of that.

Soooo, I decided to start a thread for people to ask what scenes certain shots of ROTS characters are from, and repost my question in it.

Here's my question:

(please log in to view the image)

Palp & Mace duel

Sidious & Yoda duel

This is the same costume Sidious wears in the Senate not too long before Yoda goes to confront him.

Does the saber & lightning with this figure mean there's another duel, or are they just cool features Hasbro added to make the figure deluxe and don't really mean anything in relation to the plot of ROTS?

Kenobi leaned back against the rock wall and tugged thoughtfully at his beard, puffing
slowly on a water pipe of free-form tarnished chrome.

--Star Wars novelization, p. 63

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Count Doodoo a Private Message Find more posts by Count Doodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

The last picture is from the Yoda/Sidious Duel..... Palpy wears a similar costume when fighting Mace, but no hood

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:01 PM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

quote:
Originally posted by BAILY
The last picture is from the Yoda/Sidious Duel.

The reason I posted the second pic above is to show that Sidious' costume in the duel with Yoda is different from the third pic.

Did you miss that?

Understand my question?

Kenobi leaned back against the rock wall and tugged thoughtfully at his beard, puffing

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Count Doodoo a Private Message Find more posts by Count Doodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

The second pic is just a promo image.... Palpy doesnt wear his black robes till the end of the movie.... well he does wear them in holographic form earlier... but you know what I mean....

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:06 PM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

quote:
The second pic is just a promo image...

Same costume as the duel w Yoda, though:

See?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:12 PM
BAILY

You are starting to see my point..... ummm.... listen.... The colors of his robes are F***ked in this flick...... spoilers suggest he wears one thing, and pics show otherwise..... it may just look black??? I dunno..... Judging by what I have seen and what you have showed... I say Sidious fights Mace in his red outfit... and takes on Yoda in his black one..... but I think we might have to wait for more pics to figure this one out.....

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:15 PM
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

I'm thinking that the Deluxe Palp/Sidious figure in the third pic just has the change feature and saber and lightning to make it more deluxe.

Maybe someone out there knows better though...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:20 PM
BAILY

quote:
Originally posted by Count Doodoo
I'm thinking that the Deluxe Palp/Sidious figure in the third pic just has the change feature and saber and lightning to make it more deluxe.

Maybe someone out there knows better though...

You know that makes sense... these toys dont always follow the movie.... so you are prolly right....

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:25 PM
Three Owls
The Wolfen

quote:
The last picture is from the Yoda/Sidious Duel..... Palpy wears a similar costume when fighting Mace, but no hood

woah, woah, woah, wait. He fights mace with no hood?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Three Owls a Private Message Find more posts by Three Owls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

quote:
Originally posted by Three Owls
woah, woah, woah, wait. He fights mace with no hood?

Yeah.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:57 PM
Three Owls
The Wolfen

wow, so when he suddenly turns old...we'll see him for the first/only time without a hood...wowza!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Three Owls a Private Message Find more posts by Three Owls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

That has not been stated yet. All that has been said is that at SOME point we will see Sids with no hood. I t says nothing about a duel or anything else......

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 09:12 AM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

quote:
Originally posted by bilb
That has not been stated yet. All that has been said is that at SOME point we will see Sids with no hood. I t says nothing about a duel or anything else......

roll eyes (sarcastic)

A picture's worth a thousand words/statements, though (see above).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 05:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Those red robes are from when Sidious is addressing the Senate after his encounters with the Jedi, blaming them for his disfiguring and calling for their elimination.

Attachment: sith take over.jpg
This has been downloaded 183 time(s).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

^^^ really? sweet!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 08:10 PM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

How about this shot -- is it where R2-D2 is hiding from the super battle droids on General Grievous' flagship and Obi-Wan calls him from the elevator?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 08:58 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was R2 calling Threepio and Padme and co from Mustafar..... smile
However I hadn't thought of the Battleship thing and yep you could bang on the money there also... Interesting...

BTW.. I don't really buy figures, but I may make an exception for that Palps/Sidious one though.....Cool face-switch feature now hes as two faced as most actual politicians...... laughing

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 14th, 2005 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

quote:
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was R2 calling Threepio and Padme and co from Mustafar..... smile

I didn't think it would be on mustafar because the lighting isn't orange or red or shadowy. I thought it could be on Grievous' Flagship if it was far enough into the Coruscant atmosphere and Artoo was close enough to the hangar opening to be in the sunlight (which may be where he goes to hide).

O.K. -- here's another one:

Some people have thought that it looks like Grievous is on Naboo here and some earlier rumors mentioned Naboo, but I can't remember anything that would confirm that, so I doubt it. Since Utapau has grass, I assume it would be from there.

Any thoughts?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:35 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Hmm, that Grievous looked very fake.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

On second thought...

Those dark blotches look more like trees than rocks, and Utapau wouldn't have mountains. Maybe it IS on Naboo. (The pic is from Burger King promo material, btw).

Also, I noticed something about the Artoo pic that would seem to confirm that it's in the hangar:

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:55 PM