KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » EPIII Title - its almost official!!!!

EPIII Title - its almost official!!!!
Started by: bigsef3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef3

EPIII Title - its almost official!!!!

check this out from theforce.net:

OK, two wild rumors on the same subject today.
The first is that a Costco in Santa Cruz was test running a very early and basic teaser for Episode III. It was described as Vader breathing, then a shot of Hayden to black, then the Helmet and back to black, then you hear the sound of a lightsaber and a big red line across the bottom of the plasma screen. The title card that read Rise of the Empire Coming May 2005.

Sounds impossible? We thought so too, but decided to run it right after we got more emails from "friends of friends" that also mentioned production for artwork and promotional material is very much underway for a little film called, Rise of the Empire. Legit? Just the rumblings for today ...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 10:33 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

I was hoping for revenge of the sith, but we cant win em all, can we?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 11:32 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

To tie the original and prequal trilogies together it MUST have the word "Empire" in the title. I'd have preferred "The Empire Strikes" though but that would have gone over some peoples heads.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 11:43 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swordfish2k0

Rise of The Empire works for me! kinda more like the original titles

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Swordfish2k0 a Private Message Find more posts by Swordfish2k0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I think theres maybe too much "of the" in the titles but it could have been much worse. I'd also have liked it to be simply called "Darth Vader". That would rule and I think he deserves a mention in a title coz after all, the saga is his story.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 11:57 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

no names of characters in the title, although i do agree there is too much of the "of the" in the titles. why not something corny like, "death to the republic!"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 12:32 AM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 02:53 AM
Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

rise of the empire is way too obvious, and I think GL will avoid the rise word. Mainly since it was used in another 3d episode,T3 Rise of the machines.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 06:33 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Deflok

It could just be a working title anyway, wasn't TPM known as something completely different during production? That teaser description sounds eerily a lot like ones posted on ss.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 07:49 AM
Click here to Send Mr.Deflok a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Deflok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

TPM was called 'The Beginning' during production.

Well, we shall see...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

I think "Revenge of the Sith" ties in nicely with "Return of the Jedi."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 02:14 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

i think the title should starkly contrast with "a new hope"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 02:42 PM
Shadowkiller

Star wars Episode III - Sidious's List (ok bad joke)
any way i just wat to agree the title not to have the words "of the" in it if the title has the words of the I think It should be "Revenge of the Sith"
that title would make me happy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Episode III - From Despair to where?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 08:54 PM
Shadowkiller

Dude is that pic of the dame swimming from the movie jaws?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Yup, it's Chrissie Watkins, the sharks first victim.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 09:10 PM
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

I sure hope that it isnt called "rise of the empire"...... that's just too unoffical sounding... lame lame....

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lames.s.
Seraphic

"an Empire Rising"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Lames.s. a Private Message Find more posts by Lames.s. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Rebel Racer
I sure hope that it isnt called "rise of the empire"...... that's just too unoffical sounding... lame lame....

..no it's not. "The Rise of the Empire" is way more realistic than "Attack of the Clones" was... I was just waiting for them to change it right before the release date, just to spite us, but it never happened. TROTE is a fine choice for a title, IMO.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 12:11 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I like "The Shadow Falls"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 08:36 AM