KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did you not like Jar Jar or the Gungans?

Who didn't you like?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jar Jar Binks 27 87.10%
The Gungans 4 12.90%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Did you not like Jar Jar or the Gungans?
Started by: eXSBass

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

Did you not like Jar Jar or the Gungans?

I personally loved Jar Jar and the Gungans. But in Episode I, not everybody has my taste.
So did you not like Jar Jar or the Gungans as a whole?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 09:29 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obiwalker08

JAR JAR WAS WAAY TOO COMICAL FOR A STAR WARS MOVIE....3p0 and artoo were good enough

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Obiwalker08 a Private Message Find more posts by Obiwalker08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uber_God
Restricted

Account Restricted

jar jar was a cool character

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Uber_God a Private Message Find more posts by Uber_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

My first viewing of TPM I was somewhat annoyed by Jar Jar. After viewing the movie again I remembered that these were made for kids and that I should remember what it was like seeing ANH in the theatre at seven.. then I loved the character. Jar Jar is necessary.. because he is the every day person. Not everyone can be a jedi, a senator, a queen. And even everyday people get wrapped up in an adventure.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
My first viewing of TPM I was somewhat annoyed by Jar Jar. After viewing the movie again I remembered that these were made for kids and that I should remember what it was like seeing ANH in the theatre at seven.. then I loved the character. Jar Jar is necessary.. because he is the every day person. Not everyone can be a jedi, a senator, a queen. And even everyday people get wrapped up in an adventure.

But, thats what C3PO was.

Nobody could understand Jar Jars existence because he was effectivey fulfilling C3PO's (out of his depth in a big grand battle) role.

There was absolutely no need to write C3PO out of that role.

If ANYBODY uses the "well he was only just built and couldn't move properly" is full of crap. that wouldn't have been an issue if the script was written half decent anyway. Darth Vader building 3PO? That has to be the most ludicrous thing ever. Just make him a damn protocol droid, we didn't need to see Obi-Wan being born, so why 3PO?

3PO and R2D2 are the comic relief, not Jar Jar.

3PO is the iconic comic relief that we identify more, mainly because he's like the little old man inside us all, always complaining and not getting the bigger picture. Jar Jar could barely string a coherant sentence together - only an equally retarded person could identify with Jar Jar Binks.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
But, thats what C3PO was.

Nobody could understand Jar Jars existence because he was effectivey fulfilling C3PO's (out of his depth in a big grand battle) role.

There was absolutely no need to write C3PO out of that role.

If ANYBODY uses the "well he was only just built and couldn't move properly" is full of crap. that wouldn't have been an issue if the script was written half decent anyway. Darth Vader building 3PO? That has to be the most ludicrous thing ever. Just make him a damn protocol droid, we didn't need to see Obi-Wan being born, so why 3PO?

3PO and R2D2 are the comic relief, not Jar Jar.

3PO is the iconic comic relief that we identify more, mainly because he's like the little old man inside us all, always complaining and not getting the bigger picture. Jar Jar could barely string a coherant sentence together - only an equally retarded person could identify with Jar Jar Binks.

See, I see where you're coming from, but I don't see it necessary to have R2 or C3PO in the prequels at all. In fact, i think that their presence serves to simply slap fans in the face with "the connections". Jar Jar was a (feeble) attempt at replacing them, and when it didn't pan out(which it didn't) Georce must have said, "Oh, well. Back to the uninspired plan..."

I agree that 3PO is the comic relief. As a youngin', he was always my favorite, but the prequels were supposed to present new characters, and because they didn't work, Lucas reverted to old ones, instead of coming up with truly creative output.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 02:30 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Jar Jar could have been better...if they didn't overdo it. Just way too much comedy, and bad comedy at that, at the wrong times. Overkill.

I'm a little more forgiving now, but there are still moments in TPM that make me cringe. I totally don't mind him in AOTC.

Boss Nass and the other Gungans were cool.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I didn't see the idea of Jar Jar being neccessary either. Comic relief is something I look to my friends for, not a STar Wars movie. While there should be some levity in the works, the tone should still be serious. As for the Gunguns themselves... well.... I can let them slide.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

there was none of this "slap stick" rubbish in the OT(until the SE) sure there was humour but very light ! Jar Jar was too OTT! in your face getting his tongue caught! stepping in DOO!! horrible!!! he was ok in AOTC tho

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Jar Jar was ****ed, end of story.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

J

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Jar Jar is a very annoying character. I didnt like him in TPM. His accent is very annoying. I really enjoyed him in AOTC though because he didn't come out that much. I hope anakin kills him in ROTS... mwahahaha. Death to the gungan mwahahahaha. evil face

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Jar Jar Binks is the worst character ever. Star Wars should never be reduced to fart jokes and/or "Exsqueeze Me?" lines.
F*ck Jar Jar in his retarded *ass

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

LOL Nefarus!! our only salvation is that he goes to Alderaann with bail and dies in ANH!!

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_Snake
Meatbag Assassin Droid

Jar Jar Binks and the Gungans are great! heh Mesa liken Jar Jar!

There is no darkside!
There is no lightside!!
There is only the Force itself.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Jedi_Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

MA SA GONNA THINK ABOUT THIS ONE SA

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 07:49 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sadly you can see him in ROTJ at the Naboo sequence... And you can DEFINITELY hear him shouting:
"Weeeeeeeeesssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

The bastard...

I could have tolorated the Gungans, in an Ewoky kind of way...But not Binks...... And certainly not in ep1...........

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
!!! he lives still?? eek!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:46 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sacrilage at the church of SW though it is, it would appear so.....

*Please let that be "Son of Jar-Jar" on that tower in ROTJ and that Jar-Jar DOES go to Alderaan.... Please god....? Please???? I don't ask you for much Oh lord.... But please-Just this one thing.... Smite the amphibian from your holy map o'lord.......... stick out tongue *

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

Sadako since when dont you like Jar Jar? Hmm never woulda guessed it cool wink

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:07 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote