KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What happened to this force power

What happened to this force power
Started by: sexyking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sexyking

What happened to this force power

Luke used like a telepath move to contact leia. And so far i havent seen anyone else use a move like that what happened to it and it seems like no one ever talks about it.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:42 PM
Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gollum1956
Jedi Master

Its a connection of the force.You can even some times get it from good jedi friendship and mainlly from Padawan and Masters.Its a bond with the force between two force sensitive beings.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Gollum1956 a Private Message Find more posts by Gollum1956 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Also they are siblings

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:16 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soda

Yoda uses it, 'i sense a disturbance in the force', so did Ben Kenobi in a new hope when alderaan was destroyed...Luke seems to have focused it on connecting to one person, Leia, who is also a jedi potentially...kind of like Jedi SMS

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Soda a Private Message Find more posts by Soda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Luke and Mara had several mental connections with C'baoth in the Thrawn trilogy.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

EU EU EU!!!!!!!! Sorry I just had to do that.

Um; Luke and Anakin/Vader after Leia and Lando rescued him from Bespin.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Last edited by Echuu on May 17th, 2005 at 04:19 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, it's not telepathy as such- it is simply sensing the other. Getting a vibe of one word is hardly like telepathic communication- which is self-evidently not possible else they would do it all the time.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

[edit] corrected myself in below post

Last edited by PVS on May 17th, 2005 at 04:48 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:41 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

it is telepathy
vader and luke DID have a conversation through telepathy.

vader:"luke"

luke:"father"

vader:"son"

they communicated back and forth. that is absolutely telepathy.
but at the same time, they ARE father and son, and if force users can communicate through the force, why does palps need to contact vader via hologram? maybe its a family bond thing. good question

Last edited by PVS on May 17th, 2005 at 04:48 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:44 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Telepathy is projecting your thoughts into someone else's mind. I do not think for one second that is what was happening in those scnes, They felt the presence of each other, simple as that- repeated by Luke and Vader again in ROTJ when Han flies too close to the Executor.

Like I say, if it was possible, they would do it. They don't. It is just a matter of sensitivity. To call this telepathy is very odd indeed.

So basically, the reason is- there is no such power as force telepathy. But people sense each other all the time in the films.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Maybe it only has something to do with people are related. Who knows?

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Telepathy is projecting your thoughts into someone else's mind. I do not think for one second that is what was happening in those scnes, They felt the presence of each other, simple as that- repeated by Luke and Vader again in ROTJ when Han flies too close to the Executor.

Like I say, if it was possible, they would do it. They don't. It is just a matter of sensitivity. To call this telepathy is very odd indeed.

So basically, the reason is- there is no such power as force telepathy. But people sense each other all the time in the films.

cmon ush, look at the dialogue
i cant believe that they did not understand eachother.
in all other scenes i can see it just being a matter of sensing vibes,
but luke and vader had a conversation.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:57 PM
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

"I can sense everything going on in there."

I don't see how it disappeared, at all.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:57 PM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Of course they understood each other! But only by sensing, not through mental projection.

Look, this is simple. You can explain that scene in two ways:

1. Telepathy- never seen at any other point in the films with no evidence that it is remotely possible

2. Sensitivity to the presence of those you have a bond with- as seen all the time in the films, and exactly as seen in ESB again when Yoda senses Anakin's plight in AOTC.

Why the heck would anyone think 1 was more likely than 2?

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:58 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tpaquin
"I can sense everything going on in there."

I don't see how it disappeared, at all.

but anakin was sensing vibes.
we are debating whether or not 2 force users can communicate telepathically, through words and not feelings.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And does Luke try to telepathically talk with Vader in ROTJ, or vice-versa? Yoda is not related to Anakin yet can still hear his articulated feelings (and Qui-Gon's, it seems), so that sinks the idea that it is family based- yet other people close to each other never use telepathy, as you yourself point out.

No, sorry, not credible.

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2005 05:01 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Of course they understood each other! But only by sensing, not through mental projection.

Look, this is simple. You can explaint hat scene in two ways:

1. Telepathy- never seen at any other point in the films with no evidence that it is remotely possible

2. Sensitivity to the presence of those you have a bond with- as seen all the time in the films, and exactly as seen in ESB again when Yoda senses Anakin's plight in AOTC.

Why the heck would anyone think 1 was more likely than 2?

i really dont get what you're arguing. telepathy is vague with no explanation(scientifically i mean). if you hear me in your mind saying "whats up ush" and you say "nothing much, how about you?" and i say "eeeeh same old shit."
well, i think thats telepathy, isnt it?

Last edited by PVS on May 17th, 2005 at 05:07 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 05:04 PM
Camo Di Mass

I think something like that is going to be in ROTS ...Anakin will disappear and Yoda will tell obi wan "Use Your Senses Obi Wan and find him you will " or something like that . I guess that's a similar connection to Luke and Leia's cause Obi wan will find Anakin on Mustafar without any tip or anything

Old Post May 17th, 2005 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Camo Di Mass a Private Message Find more posts by Camo Di Mass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Actually in the game KOTOR 2, the 2 main characters use this force power to communicate with each other, its kinda awesome actually cause no matter where you are they will see what you see and hear what you hear.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:55 PM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Ush....there was a scene cut from ROTJ that mirrors the end of TESB...and it was pretty clear to me that it was telepathy...

I think we're dealing with symantics here...

Old Post May 17th, 2005 09:39 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote