KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » am i the only one who thinks the best fight scenes are in SW3?

am i the only one who thinks the best fight scenes are in SW3?
Started by: fireyhope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fireyhope

am i the only one who thinks the best fight scenes are in SW3?

personally i thought the action scenes were amazing, the emotions were definately there, when Anakin fought Obi-Wan the coreograph borrows from Samurai, Chinese, and Fencing styles from other movies.

Truly amazing i loved them. and i bow the lucas for making me feel that Star Wars has truly become a better Fantasy movie then ever before

Last edited by fireyhope on May 20th, 2005 at 05:59 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:48 AM
Click here to Send fireyhope a Private Message Find more posts by fireyhope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

You are not the only one. I felt the duel was awesome and it lived up to all the expectations. It had so much emotion in it. It was amazing to see.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:56 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Re: am i the only one who thinks the best fight scenes are SW3?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fireyhope
personally i thought the action scenes were amazing, the emotions were definately there when Anakin fought Obi-Wan the coreograph borrows from Samurai, Chinese, and Fencing styles from other movies.

Truly amazing i loved them. and i bow the lucas for making me feel that Star Wars has truly become a better Fantasy movie then ever before

I completely agree,

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post May 20th, 2005 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think and still do that the best Star Fighter Battle scene was ROTS.
Best Saber action a tie between Maul vs. Obi and Luke/Vader ESB
The best blaster shoot out AOTC between the Clone troops and the Genosians.
The best Surface Battle goes to ESB Hoth.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:00 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fireyhope

Originally posted by The Biker Scout
I think and still do that the best Star Fighter Battle scene was ROTS.
Best Saber action a tie between Maul vs. Obi and Luke/Vader ESB
The best blaster shoot out AOTC between the Clone troops and the Genosians.
The best Surface Battle goes to ESB Hoth.

i agree with you too

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:07 AM
Click here to Send fireyhope a Private Message Find more posts by fireyhope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul vs obi and qui is still the best.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrywin

Re: am i the only one who thinks the best fight scenes are in SW3?

personally i thought the action scenes were amazing, the emotions were definately there, when Anakin fought Obi-Wan the coreograph borrows from Samurai, Chinese, and Fencing styles from other movies.

IMO the fighting scenes are to high fly swordys and they dance around too much these days. IF you watch back 4-6 you can see how each time there's a lightsaber duel, it's slow, as if each of them are contemplating the others' next move.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:44 PM
Click here to Send mrywin a Private Message Find more posts by mrywin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthSith

I agree the duel's in ep3 were just hack and slash,the choreography sucked and there were to many confusing close up shots.I can almost say they looked rushed.The whole movie seemed rushed jumping from 1 scene to the other every 30 seconds or so.The duel was way over-rated as so the movie.But yah it is the best of the PT.The best space battle is still Return of The Jedi,EP3 space battle had some pretty shots but there was no sense of urgency or suspense and no dog fights.

Last edited by NinthSith on May 20th, 2005 at 02:50 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:47 PM
Click here to Send NinthSith a Private Message Find more posts by NinthSith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
southtownbluz

The choreography was kick ass. People don't fight with slow ass moves. A real sword fight would be quick. It would be to the quicker, and the fact this fight went on this long proved that they were masters. The fight was deadly. I think it was so fast, most people couldn't grasp it. The OT fights were slow and you could see what they were trying to do as they fought. These moves were so fast, you had NO IDEA what they were trying to do. I like it better that way, makes it more mystical.

Besides, if you were watching two swordsmen fighting, I bet you would see immensely swift movements that looked almost akward and too quick for the eye, much less understand what they were going for until one of them lost a limb or keeled over and fell to the ground lifeless.

Masterful Lucas!! A job well done and nicely shot.

Later!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:58 AM
Click here to Send southtownbluz a Private Message Find more posts by southtownbluz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben-Kenobi

Did anyone noticed when ani was chokeing obi-wan he had his lightsaber then had anakins @,@ mind boggleing.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Ben-Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ben-Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i agree, eps 3 was the best of the swordfights! and the duel of fates in TPM is a second.

i rate the duels as this:

'The duel'
mace/ palps
the duel of fates
yoda/ sidious
yoda/ dooku
anakin/ dooku 2
anakin- obi/ dooku 1
obi/ grievous
vader/ luke ESB
vader/ luke ROTJ
obi/ vader ANH

did i miss any?

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

The best is luke in the death star fighting vader.. so much emotion and luke was under such terrible odds. Sidious talking shit... his friends are going to die at any moment, the rebellion is about to be annihilated. tEh bEst.

Though epIII had cool scenes and were very cool to look at... TOO SHORT with the exception of "The Duel"

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth MoonPIE a Private Message Find more posts by Darth MoonPIE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE
The best is luke in the death star fighting vader.. so much emotion and luke was under such terrible odds. Sidious talking shit... his friends are going to die at any moment, the rebellion is about to be annihilated. tEh bEst.

Though epII had cool scenes and were very cool to look at... TOO SHORT with the exception of "The Duel"

Agreed I just LOVE when Luke comes out and goes crazy on Vader.... I can just imagine what Vader was thinking then lol....

For overall duel I'd have to go with "The Duel," but for that 30 seconds nothing can top it

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Yoda vs Sidious is the best battle in SW history in my eyes.

2. "The Duel" between Obi and Anakin.
3. Duel of the fates with Maul Obi and Qui Gon.
4. Dooku vs Obi and Anakin part 2
5. Yoda vs Dooku
6. Mace vs Sidious
7. Vader vs Luke part 1
8. GG vs Obi
9. Vader vs Luke part 2
10. Obi vs Vader - ANH

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:26 AM
Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Re: am i the only one who thinks the best fight scenes are in SW3?

I totally agree with you I loved all the fight scenes

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

1. Duel of Fates- TPM

2. Darth Vader vs Luke- TESB

3. Mace Windu vs Palpatine- ROTS

4. Yoda vs Palpatine-ROTS

5. Anakin Skywalker vs Obi Wan Kenobi- ROTS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

ESB every time.
No fancy visual CGI ...thank god it wasnt around in 79 the way it is today.
I love the whole movement from the carbon freeze chamber to the.......i forgot what its called..but the spot where the reveal takes place.
It has emotion,real pain and it pisses all over the fancy acrobatics and cgi over load of the ROTS fight.
Having said that Maul Vs Obi Vs Qui is great.
Its the shit that comes inbetween that screws that up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 10:08 AM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Vader vs. Luke duel in ESB is indeed my favorite of all time. Anakin vs. Kenobi in ROTS is right behind.

Best starfighter battle goes to ANH. Come on, it was the Death Star Battle. It was intense!

Blaster shootout has to involve Han in some way, or Jango's defense against Kenobi.

And then Hoth's surface battle is the best.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 11:27 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Technically and choreography-wise, the PT has the better battles. They are not always that interesting though, storywise.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 12:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I really wished that in the Sidious vs Yoda duel the senate was about to be in session just to see the expression on the faces of the senators.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote