KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why does Anakin's eyes revert to normal after his eyes turn into Sith eyes?

Why does Anakin's eyes revert to normal after his eyes turn into Sith eyes?
Started by: Anakin_the_Hutt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Why does Anakin's eyes revert to normal after his eyes turn into Sith eyes?

Is it like a power meter, like when they get mega pissed or something - their eyes turn red...but then go back to normal when they're calm? I think that Anakin's should've been kept one way or the other...it just seemed gratuitous. Like someone stopping in mid-air to wink at the camera before he makes a slam dunk. He looks up with red eyes...next scene they're normal.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Re: Why does Anakin's eyes revert to normal after his eyes turn into Sith eyes?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
Is it like a power meter, like when they get mega pissed or something - their eyes turn red...but then go back to normal when they're calm? I think that Anakin's should've been kept one way or the other...it just seemed gratuitous. Like someone stopping in mid-air to wink at the camera before he makes a slam dunk. He looks up with red eyes...next scene they're normal.

I agree with his "power meter deal" 1 however, allow me to elaborate on this for a moment. It is a meter, and if so, then that is a moment Anakin is at full darkside influence. After that moment, although he is still powered by the darkside it is toned down. NOW! We can then predict that Darth Mauls eyes were always redish evil because that sucka was full sith turbo on at all times. It means that darth maul was always at full sith evil baby....yeah! If Anakin was not to need his suit for survival, in time his eyes would remain....like Darth mauls....full throttle baby!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I think it is when they are consumed with hate. In the case of Anakin, he was in a transitional period from light to dark and the eyes are a reflection of his mental state. Thats why they go Sith for the Jedi raid, killing the Sepratists, and after he finally goes full time (from the burning scene on). His eyes were blue during the scene with Padme before the fight and during the fight to show there still might be a chance to get him back. His eyes then revert back in ROTJ at the unmasking scene, because he is once again Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:59 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

If that's so...what the deal with Dooku? That guy doesn't seem conflicted.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

He was a tyrant, he had the arrogance of a sith, the power of the sith, the control of a sith. But he wasnt vengeful and didnt thrive on hatred to fuel his skillty and control. He was always calm, in a gentlemen manner , even when fighting or dealing with buisness with his seperatist posse.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

True, true

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:29 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Originally posted by Altar[1stONE]
He was a tyrant, he had the arrogance of a sith, the power of the sith, the control of a sith. But he wasnt vengeful and didnt thrive on hatred to fuel his skillty and control. He was always calm, in a gentlemen manner , even when fighting or dealing with buisness with his seperatist posse.

Exactly. Dooku became a Sith for the political change it would bring...possibly the weakest reason to be a Sith ever, but whatever. I also have a theory that as powerful as he seemed, Sidious probably kept much from him, knowing he was going to be disposed of for Anakin. But yes, clearly Maul was full of hate, a full Sith he was. Anakin eventually goes full Sith and keeps the "eyes of hate". The Emperor has them as well. I was actually surprised the last time I saw ROTJ, that Palps actually DOES have the Sith evil contacts in, I'd just never noticed the red rim around the yellow before. But you can see it clearly now.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

yea i agree that dooku wasnt a true sith. i read somewhere that Gl says that he always planned on being loyal to sidious and never planned on killing him. he just wanted political change

Old Post May 28th, 2005 01:05 AM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

In AotC when Dooku fights Obi and Ana and cuts off his hand, they cut to a close up shot of Dooku , where Dooku's face is in a hate trance which in that same scene without it ever cutting away, Dooku's face releives itself of all Sith infleunce and calms down, that's when Yoda enters and dooku turns to face him. here, one can clearly see him getting influenced by the darkside of the force and sorta snapping out of it, please go look at your AotC dvd and check it ! also, as for dooku's political Vs sith interests. remeber when in AotC Obiwan is held prisoner in those force shield shakles and dooku while speaking to him says " Join me obiwan, and together we can destroty the Sith' here is a clear textually supported fact that dooku is influence by both political and Sith interests. I beleive it is irrevelent concerning his not having sith red eyes. i think Anakin and maul both hit the wacky weedus with the bong ! Insane in the membrain, insane in the brain, Insane in the membrain, Insane in the brain!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahhhnakin
Lord Vader

I look at it like this: Anakin is torn between good and evil and is able to love, so when he's himself, so to speak, his eyes are blue (normal). When he is full of hatred after bowing to the dark side and willing his soul to Palp, he is "mind-warped" in a sense.... he goes into a Sith trance and does what he's told. He isn't tapping into any form of love or compassion, like his "normal" self. Once he completes the deed of his Sith Master, he is finished and snaps out of the trance. Remember, Yoda said he was decieved by the dark side... so it's a mind control issue with him at first... until of course his hate fully consumes him, like with Darth Maul.... then he can fully hate and can remain a full Sith Lord. It makes perfect sense to me. When he's with someone he loves, he can tap into the little speck of love that's left, but while under mind control, he can't. I think it was primarily done to give us compassion for Anakin anyway... to see his human turmoil brewing.... so we'll understand Darth Vader from now on.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Ahhhnakin a Private Message Find more posts by Ahhhnakin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I've always assumed that Maul's eyes were that way because he was truely devoted to the Sith order.
Dooku and Anakin's aren't because they're in the darkside for their own reasons. Dooku wants to clean up the republic, and Anakin wants to save Padme. They're not as connected to the darkside as Sidious or Maul.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

I think that the red eyes issue is Lucas way to show the evil inside them. As before said in here, Dooku just didn't care about the sith. Nevertheless, what he says to obi wan about destroying the sith, is also the same thing Vader says to luke in ESB. And also what anakin says to padme. It's like a vicious circle, to kill the master and rule in is place.

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AYHJA
God's Favorite

I also wondered about Anakin's eyes...

And I also wondered about that scar over his eye...I don't remember that happening in Episode II, I thought it might be something done to make Anakin look more menacing...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:42 PM
Click here to Send AYHJA a Private Message Find more posts by AYHJA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bishop X
Restricted

Account Restricted

It happened in the animated Clone Wars series on CN.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Bishop X a Private Message Find more posts by Bishop X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by AYHJA
I also wondered about Anakin's eyes...

And I also wondered about that scar over his eye...I don't remember that happening in Episode II, I thought it might be something done to make Anakin look more menacing...

They are at war. And plus, I think anakin fights against ventress in the cartoon network episodes so.... maybe it's kinda link with those.... Don't really know smile

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Yes yes..Ventress gives him the scar.

In the novel Vader "Put on the face of Anakin Skywalker" when Padme arrived. He supressed his anger and hate because he didn't want to frighten her.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote