KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Force powers inconsistent

Force powers inconsistent
Started by: Soda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soda

Force powers inconsistent

I just don't understand the use of the force sometimes. For example, in the clone wars cartoons, mace windu can take out several robots with the force push/crush, and jump 50 feet into the air, yet in the movie he is not even close.

Also in the old republic game I think there is a sith that has been ripped to pieces, but he can hold himself together with the force, so why can't anakin use the force to survive his burns?

It makes me think that the jedi can't fully control the force, it sort of comes and goes (intensity also) depending on how they feel/ the situation (sort of like an adreline rush that makes you achieve something normally not possible)

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Soda a Private Message Find more posts by Soda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

i know people here are going to start saying: games and cartoons are eu bullshit. but they are part of the star wars universe and everything is 1 big event. i like the idea that the force comes more powerful deoending how they are feeling but it doesnt seem right

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:43 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, TO, you guessed my answer already wink

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darklightr

The answer is simple: not all Force users have the same level of skill in the Force. They each have their own strengthes and weaknesses.

You mentioned a Sith using the Force to hold himself together. Remember also that knowledge can easily be lost over the ages when not passed down correctly.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Darklightr a Private Message Find more posts by Darklightr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESP07
Sweet Ax

Star Wars is best when you dont analyze it.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send ESP07 a Private Message Find more posts by ESP07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Clone Wars cartoon is done in cartoon style. That is TOTALLY different to film style. A straight comparison is silly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Cartoon: Superheroes.

Movie: Jedi.

Mace Windu punches holes in droids in the cartoon, Obi-Wan hurts his leg kicking Grievous in the movie.

Totally different laws. The Clone Wars, despite the fact I enjoy it, seems to be influenced a lot by the likes of The Matrix, where anyone with some sort of telekinetic power suddenly has the ability to control every damn thing they are near. The Star Wars movies obey the Star Wars rules.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucas Sucks!

Games and cartoons are bullshit, george ignored all the books that were writen before this new movies.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ones
i know people here are going to start saying: games and cartoons are eu bullshit. but they are part of the star wars universe and everything is 1 big event. i like the idea that the force comes more powerful deoending how they are feeling but it doesnt seem right

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Lucas Sucks! a Private Message Find more posts by Lucas Sucks! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Yeah..there's plenty of things said in novels that aren't consistent with the films.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

The movies are what you must go by.
The cartoon was good but the Mace Windu thing was a little ridiculous.....

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Only the movies are canon in my opinion.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:29 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

In the cartoon Yoda Force pushed Capital ships into one another..in the game he had to have Obi's help to move a concrete block in the Temple..

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Exactly. Different media, different depiction.....

Old Post May 31st, 2005 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote:
just don't understand the use of the force sometimes. For example, in the clone wars cartoons, mace windu can take out several robots with the force push/crush, and jump 50 feet into the air, yet in the movie he is not even close.

Also in the old republic game I think there is a sith that has been ripped to pieces, but he can hold himself together with the force, so why can't anakin use the force to survive his burns?

It makes me think that the jedi can't fully control the force, it sort of comes and goes (intensity also) depending on how they feel/ the situation (sort of like an adreline rush that makes you achieve something normally not possible)

1) its a cartoon, and its EU
2) its a video game and its EU
3) only the movies are canon, this is the problem with EU, people go overboard and its dumb, KOTOR is a supreme example of this, while a great game, the depiction of the force powers and the power of the force users is simply dumb....

hence, the 6 movies are the only thing you should go by....

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:24 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

if you spend time playing games and watching cartoons and analyzing the physics and logical explanations between them and a science fiction movie.....you need to go home and rethink your life no expression

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:55 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
if you spend time playing games and watching cartoons and analyzing the physics and logical explanations between them and a science fiction movie.....you need to go home and rethink your life no expression

what if I sell death sticks? I like death sticks!

In any case, books, games, etc. etc. are not canon! Lucas' force ghost explanation, for instance, is in direct opposition to ideas from the EU (I think correct me if I'm wrong), and I believe some people related to EpIII had said, almost proudly, that the explanation would make fans of EU upset. While I don't think that Lucas (et al) look at the EU hatefully, but they certainly don't embrace it either.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:49 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote