KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Did Mace have Sidious OR was Sidious playing?

Did Mace have Sidious or was Sidious playing?
This poll is closed.
Mace owned Sidious and was ready to chop him. 16 30.77%
Sidious played with Mace and knew Anakin would come. 36 69.23%
Total: 52 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Did Mace have Sidious OR was Sidious playing?
Started by: LordSorgo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did Mace have Sidious OR was Sidious playing?

Alot of people think Sidious was playing with Mace, yet alot think Mace had Sidious by the ass.

I think Mace was ready to kill.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

hahaha

Read your own sig.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:22 PM
Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Locke714

of course sidious was playing. he just had to make Anakin into Vader before he could kill mace. I mean, if yoda, with more than 900 years of practice could not beat sidious, then how could mace? Happy Dance evil face laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Locke714 a Private Message Find more posts by Locke714 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I'm pretty sure we have a thread (or twelve) on this already...

Sidious was toying with Mace.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:37 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

there are about 1000 threads on this already...

theres a good debate in the "best Jedi swordsman" thread right now...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:54 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Sidious was playing with Mace. He knew Anakin would find him there looking like Mace was trying to assassanate Palps. Palps knew it would be enough to turn Ani to the darkside.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

MAce had sidious he ws a dead man before Anakin came to save his ass

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EHmasterJedi
Jedi Master

In the original scene before they edited it Anakin was watching the hole thing, you can even see Anakin walking in the background in a couple scenes wile the two duel in the new web doc, hence the reason why Palpi has anakins saber i think in alot of the duel, so yeah i believe it to be fact that the original thought was to have palpi fake the loss to windu, its just when they recut it, it didnt have quite the same effect (unfortunatly). In my opinion they should of reshot the hole scene over again, with the right lightsaber cause it just doesnt make sense to have Anakins saber in the movie anymore speacialy when they have that big close up of him popping it out of his sleeve.

Last edited by EHmasterJedi on Jun 16th, 2005 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:07 PM
Click here to Send EHmasterJedi a Private Message Find more posts by EHmasterJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I agree 100%, Dresta.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'm pretty sure we have a thread (or twelve) on this already...

Sidious was toying with Mace.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:39 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

*walks in, gets struck by massive feeling of deja vu, runs out*

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:40 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

No Sidious wasn't faking. Mace kicked his arse and ONLY Anakin's help saved him.

People keep forgetting that the movie is about ANAKIN. If Sidious was faking and didn't need Anakin at all, then Anakin's role is diminished. He goes from being instrumental in the Jedi's downfall to just being a bystander. That is what it comes down to. You have to show that if it hadn't been for Anakin, the Jedi would have never fallen.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 09:53 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi-wan geynobi
Sith fan

sidious was defanately playing because he grilled himself and also you just cant beat sidious so easily like windu almost did

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:00 AM
Click here to Send obi-wan geynobi a Private Message Find more posts by obi-wan geynobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

If you go by the movie, then Windu beat palps and Anakin saved him. There is no evidence what so ever, not even a look or a hesitation that would lead someone to believe that he was baiting Anakin. Only after he got dumped on his ass and was about to die did he start baiting anakin with that No No No bullshit.

But I guess if you go by all the EU stuff and books, then maybe there is proof that he might have been baiting.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:31 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I hate EU...

But I think the simple fact that Palpatine let Anakin tell Mace suggests he knew he would be able to take him on. And also the fact that Palpatine needed to get into that situation (being beaten by Mace) in order to turn Anakin.

You could also argue that Palpatine's funny faces suggest he was just pissing around...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:35 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

you have to be a Retard to think that Sidious was not faking it.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:46 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I don't think Sidious was faking it but I think he planned the dive when he sensed Anakin was coming.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vanquish
If you go by the movie, then Windu beat palps and Anakin saved him. There is no evidence what so ever, not even a look or a hesitation that would lead someone to believe that he was baiting Anakin. Only after he got dumped on his ass and was about to die did he start baiting anakin with that No No No bullshit.

But I guess if you go by all the EU stuff and books, then maybe there is proof that he might have been baiting.

EU is such turd.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Originally posted by DenKi
you have to be a Retard to think that Sidious was not faking it.

why?? because u say so??

i can only judge things by the way i SEE them ! and i saw mace windu defeat sidious! there was no indication given that he was faking on screen!! and don't gimme any of that EU rubbish!!

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

So you think it was coincidence that Anakin walked in right when Palpatine was at the mercy of Mace? Thats dumb. Maybe everything Sidious did was coincidence. Maybe he became Emperor by accident.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 06:29 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote