KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader's first lines

Vader's first lines
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Vader's first lines

What do you think Anakin's first lines as Vader would be?I think something like as you wish my Master.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 08:00 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

His first line as Anakin is "I was cleaning the fan switches" so I hope his first line as Vader is better.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 05:50 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Vaders lines

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say allof Hayden christianson's lines will be better then Jake Lloyds. The little kid couldn't act and everything he said sounded phony, cheesy and really poor. In the Ep3 script I printed of a website a few years back it says that Vaders first lines were something like "Where's my wife" or "How is my Wife." Then Palpy tells him a lie about how Amidala was murdered by Ob1. This increases Anakins anger. When in reality Palpy killed Amidala and Ob1 is fleeing with anakins children.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tainted one

i seem to remember reading a while back that james earl jones called up GL when the new trilogy got underway and said something like, "do you have a job for me?" and GL said something like, "yeah, i need you for about 5 minutes at the end of III.) sorry i don't have the URL to post here.

if, however, as some of us here have speculated, anakin gets chopped up at the end of II instead of III, then they will need jones' voice for more than 5 minutes.

remind me again why we think anakin gets dropped in the lava swimming pool at the end of II instead of III!?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2000 12:44 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think the story is actually that J.E.J. has already recorded 5 or 10 minutes of "stock footage" just incase he were to pass away before Episode-III came along.

How true this is I don't know, I would have thought that with todays technology they would be able to make just about anyone sound like Darth Vader if they had to.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2000 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I hope it's not "I have a bad feeling about this" he is about the only character not to say it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2000 04:44 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

vaders first lines

How about a teaser with AC DC song

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2000 09:53 AM
Xantos Clone

how about this teaser trailor in the theater:
camera pans up from tha back of vader in his black garb...with AC/DC song "back in black" playing....his turns and says" bring my shuttle!"

his first line in the movie should be :

"whuzzzzzzzzzupppppppppppp"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2000 09:56 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

That's horrible, how could you think of something like that? Oh well, its an opinion roll eyes (sarcastic) Anyhow, Anakin's foreign tongue was horrible. He spoke very slowly when speaking to Watto, when anyone that's been around that long should speak like Watto.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2000 08:16 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

ok....ok....it was a goof. However, Rock n Roll has worked in Sci-fi....I would not like any rock in the actual movie, but it would be cool to see a teaser with it....after all, this should be a 'bad to the bone' kind of movie about vader...let's set the mood here folks!

time for lucas to shock us again...he is way overdue since the "I...am your father" thing...let's have some naughty fun....

SO BE IT..........J E D I.....

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2000 06:20 PM
KJ
Sausages

If his first line is going to be from a song how about "I am the walrus coo-coo ka choo". That would be a shock.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2000 07:54 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I like Xantos's Idea!! laughing out loud stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 4th, 2000 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

vaders first lines

Thanks Mercenary!!! glad you like that..you see, us bad Jedi think alike!
I wanna see a 'bad to the bone / T2' scene in the teaser man! if it's in the actual movie, it would seam out of place....

Escape is not his plan....I will face him...alone

Old Post Sep 4th, 2000 01:55 AM
Ben Carozza

Re: vaders first lines

The ACDC might work for an ad. I think I'd bust a gut laughing at that one. Although it might take away from what GL is calling a tragic film. Maybe they could use it for one of those ads they use to get everyone to go see the film for an 11th and 12th time.

As for Vader's first lines, the classic speculation of "What is thy bidding my master." is always a good one. Or how about "What is thy -- woah -- what the hell happened to my voice?"

Old Post Sep 14th, 2000 12:54 AM
Xantos Clone

vader's first lines

Hehehehe!!! that's funny man!!

On a serious note, I do agree that GL may have vader say something memorable like that. On the other hand, I always had a feeling that we may just hear the breathing at the end of the movie....but now that James Earl Jones has officially signed on to do some dialog, that blows my theroy....

He may say :

"testing.....1, 2, 3, testing....is this thing on?...." or "Obi Wan will pay for this!!..." (while clenching his fist in anger..)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2000 09:10 AM
Ratcat

Re: vader's first lines

How about,

"Ooooooooooo, these leather trousers sure do chap!"

Anglo American Translation.

Trousers=Pants smile

Old Post Sep 16th, 2000 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

We know what trousers are Ratcatsmile My grandpa used to always say that too.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2000 10:37 PM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Are you trying to imply I'm old.... smile

You're probably right actually.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 01:05 AM
theEvilJedi

No No.Just that we know what they are.laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 01:26 AM
Dim
Creativity

Well, I think you're old RC..Man! What are you? 33, right?..Wow...that is sooooooooooooooo old wink If it helps I just found a grey hair, and I'm only 26! It was in my eyebrow....(don't laugh)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 05:58 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote