KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why didn't Anakin kill himself?

Why didn't Anakin kill himself?
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

Why didn't Anakin kill himself?

Anakin only turned to the dark side because he thought that he could save Padme. Then Palpatine says that he's killed her. Wouldn't he have just killed himself right then. He doesn't have anything to live for now. I know you wouldn't have much of a story if that's the way it went but seriously why did he kept going.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:15 AM
Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

anakin was too enthralled by the power of the dark side. if his love for padme was stronger than his addiction to the dark side, he would have obeyed her when she asked him to drop everything and come away with her, to raise their kids in peace.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

seriously ,i am not ussually the one to flame ppl for making bad threads ,but this is just making threads for the sake of it.......

if he killed himself then there'd be no linkage to ep4#

and .... he relised he could rule the galaxy and be the most powerful jedi ...which was one of his aspirations

ONE thing i found cool was that in ep2 he says ''one day i will learn how to stop ppl from dying''.and then in ep3 the story is practically based on him trying to stop padme from dying .......which all links up to him being vader .........just a thought i think is cool

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anakin DID kill himself by becoming vader. didnt you watch the films?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:44 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

yeah but i think that is kinda methaphorical[sp]

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:49 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

thrads started.....36
no. of posts.........65

holy crap

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:52 PM
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

I always find it funny when people quote that so I went to check out my stats...

Total Posts: 218
Threads Started: 12

Guess my ratio isn't too bad smile

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Iv'e only started 2 threads, with over 550 posts.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Very goo matreid!!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Thread to Post ratio posts lead to no good.

Stay on topic and don't patronize the thread starter or I will close the thread and hand out warnings.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:44 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Sorry sad

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Total Posts: 23040
Threads Started: 250

Damn I'm cool! stick out tongue

Okay, let's stop that now...

Anakin was infatuated with the power that the Dark Side was presenting him. Though he was now crippled and without the love of his rather violent life, in being Darth Vader, right hand man to Palpatine, he held all the power he'd ever wanted.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:35 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Total Posts: 23040
Threads Started: 250

Damn I'm cool! stick out tongue

reported

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:15 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You're not serious, are you?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:41 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

no expression

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:51 PM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I was thinking the same thing. Actually it would have been cooler then the cheesy NOOOOOOOOO! scene if he tried... but then ANYTHING would have been cooler then the NOOOOOOOOO! scene.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Him trying to commit suicide would have been daftly pitiful, in my opinion. The "NOOO!" scene was fine, IMO, other than the "NOOO!" itself.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:49 AM
SithHappens

What I like to think about is Ani only joined the Dark Side because he had the visions of Padme dying. and Padme only died because he joined the Dark Side. It's like a catch 22. It's the first thing I thought about after I saw the movie.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:37 AM
Click here to Send SithHappens a Private Message Find more posts by SithHappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth-x-Padme
! Hayden-Lover !

lol !! i love anakin and i understand y he didn't kill him self, he was too powerful, he lost his love not his jedi powers

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth-x-Padme a Private Message Find more posts by Darth-x-Padme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Didn't you see the gaping head wound on the back of his head? He obviously lost all but two of his brain cells.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote