KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Do you try to hide the truth?

Do you try to hide the truth?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Do you try to hide the truth?

When you go to Wal-Mart or somewhere and look at the Star Wars magazines,toys,etc. do you try not to catch anyone's eye?I sure do.I try to get away from there sight.They all think were to old for Star Wars and waste our time.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2000 06:28 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah it gets a little weird. I don't know why we should care. Have you ever seen some of the things some people look at... I don't know, would you think less of me for reading a SW mag or a Cosmopolitian mag? Honestly I should do it more. I've had quite a few guys start talking to me when I'm in the Sci-Fi section of a book store. As for you EJ...you're only 17. I don't think it's something you should feel bad about at all.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2000 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I don't really worry about it, especially when I go to TRU and spend £100 ($140 - Damn exchange rates) on Star Wars action figures for my collection.

I have to admit that when I was around my late teens I did tend to worry about it a lot more but now I just think "What the hell!" It's my life after all.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2000 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

You're absolutly right RC...I'm going to make it a point of learning not to care what some stranger thinks...smile

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't care about it either. One day I went into a toy shop to buy some figures and the check-out girl started a very long conversation with me about how she thought it was cute that I was still buying themsmile The best thing about the prequels is that you see kids wearing Star Wars T-shirts and school bags. It's a whole new generation getting into it and it's great.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 02:47 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The main problem I have is I normally end up buying two of whatever it is.

One to pack up and put in the attic and one for my son to rip open and play with.

I know they will never escalte in value as much as the real classic stuff has but in 20 years time I hope they have some value to pass on to my son. If not, then he can give them to his kids to play with.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I take all of them out of the boxes but I keep the empty packets anyway. A stanley knife is the best way I have found to not damage the packets.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:16 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I have pogs...that's it....God, I feel so inadequate.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:47 AM
Ratcat

NO, inadequate is only have 185 posts to your name.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:49 AM
KJ
Sausages

Well spare a thought for me. I should have hundereds more but somehow they dissapeared.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 04:02 AM
Dim
Creativity

Heheheh....I RULE! stick out tongue stick out tongue

But to be fair a portion is from jabbering in the GDF...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 04:27 AM
theEvilJedi

She just has nothing better to do.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 04:31 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Hey I have 1058 not 1006.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 04:32 AM
Dim
Creativity

stick out tongue That's what you get for saying I have nothing better to do!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 05:45 AM
theEvilJedi

Well it's true.Just kidding.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 05:48 AM
Xizor

I used to think it wierd when I went in store's as a teen. I had an image problem 4-5 yeras ago. I'm much more secure now but the problem is I don't collect that much anymore and have subscriptions for the magazines I read. My roomates tease me on my intrest in Star War's, if only they'd seen my parent's basement.smile

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote