KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why didn't Anakin have a Padawan?

Why didn't Anakin have a Padawan?
Started by: chinabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chinabing

Why didn't Anakin have a Padawan?

Everybody has a padawan. Qui-Gon's got one. Obi-Wan's got one. Dooku's had one. What about Anakin? Obi-Wan got one the moment he achieved knighthood. Anakin doesn't have a padawan. I don't get it.

Maybe if he'd had one, he could have become a master. Perhaps training a Jedi lerner is a requirement in masterhood that Anakin lacked. Now, was he obstructed from this, or did he choose not to have one?

Maybe if he'd had a padawan, he'd have a moral compass which would have stopped him from changing to the dark side. Would he have become so hypocritical as to be in defiance of his vows. Perhaps such a padawan would have acted like a sounding board to his struggles. Someone who wouldn't have to keep his marriage a secret from.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:53 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

because he was a apprentice and was still in training.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Veav

Yeah but Anakin is a JEDI KNIGHT. JEDI KNIGHTS and JEDI MASTERS are allowed to take an Padawan/Apprentince.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Veav a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Veav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

There was no time to train a padawan, Anakin was one of the most important jedi in the war.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

that would have been an interesting plot point if Anakin had to kill his own padawan.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OJCrush
missy lunitic

hes to reckless

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 12:15 AM
Click here to Send OJCrush a Private Message Find more posts by OJCrush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cameron666
Teh Sexay Fairy

He most likely did't want one during the war.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 12:24 AM
Click here to Send cameron666 a Private Message Find more posts by cameron666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Too reckless, and he had not been a Knight for very long. Obi-Wan was pretty special when it came to getting a Padawan upon attaining Knighthood.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

Well, first of all I think there's a specific distinction between knights and masters only because the latter group can have padawans, whereas the other can't and if Anakin had been given a padawan ......
had he been a boy he would have turned him into an adrenaline junkie, had she been a girl..... well...... love love love .... that would have been a problem stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Knights can have Padawans, that's a silly notion that they couldn't. Just look at Obi-Wan. He was a Knight in Episode II, and there are instances of other Knights having Padawans as well.

Padawans are like 13 when they start, so it would just be kind of creepy if he had a girl with a crush on her Master...and the movie would be ruined... messed

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Girl: I love you.
Anakin: Oh **** this. *slashes her with lightsaber*

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Re: Why didn't Anakin have a Padawan?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chinabing
Everybody has a padawan. Qui-Gon's got one. Obi-Wan's got one. Dooku's had one. What about Anakin? Obi-Wan got one the moment he achieved knighthood. Anakin doesn't have a padawan. I don't get it.

Maybe if he'd had one, he could have become a master. Perhaps training a Jedi lerner is a requirement in masterhood that Anakin lacked. Now, was he obstructed from this, or did he choose not to have one?

Maybe if he'd had a padawan, he'd have a moral compass which would have stopped him from changing to the dark side. Would he have become so hypocritical as to be in defiance of his vows. Perhaps such a padawan would have acted like a sounding board to his struggles. Someone who wouldn't have to keep his marriage a secret from.
Hey, look. There's this thing, called the Clone Wars... yeah, there was that. It affected the way things worked, just a bit.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

you should have already known by watching 4-6

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 09:08 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

He didn't have an Apprentice because of the Clone Wars.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:05 PM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Originally posted by DarthLazious
He didn't have an Apprentice because of the Clone Wars.

We don't know that. Looks to me like there were plenty of padawans twiddling their thumbs around the jedi temple. Qui-Gon managed to fight all those battle droids in Ep.1 with Obi-Wan as a padawan. Surely Anakin could have found the time. When something's important you make the time.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 08:30 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

It would of been cool had Anakin took on an apprentice, but with only 3 movies - plus the Clone Wars, it would of been the least most important sub plot to the PT. Also, his patience and anger - not goodno . Also, the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan would of been alot less focused on if Anakin DID have an apprentice, and you need to allow alot more screentime for a Father/Son/Brothers in war relationship and the downfall of that relationship - i mean, Anakin and Obi-Wan are two of the MOST important characters, and to have a chain of 3 would of destroyed there relationship onscreenyes

Last edited by Stun on Aug 30th, 2005 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McGregorGirl

Originally posted by Captain REX
Knights can have Padawans, that's a silly notion that they couldn't. Just look at Obi-Wan. He was a Knight in Episode II, and there are instances of other Knights having Padawans as well.

Padawans are like 13 when they start, so it would just be kind of creepy if he had a girl with a crush on her Master...and the movie would be ruined... messed

Please correct me if Im wrong, I have only seen the films. But these don't seem correct to me. Obi Wan was a Master already in Ep2. Everyone was referring to him as such.

And I thought padawans started much much younger than 13. Anakin was 9 and they were telling Qui Gon he was way too old.

Not trying to be critical, just trying to clear up.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 01:48 AM
Click here to Send McGregorGirl a Private Message Find more posts by McGregorGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo313
spartan 117

#1. Jedi refer to each other as "master" as a form of respect, sometimes regardless of rank.
#2. Anakin didn't have time for a padawan while fighting in the clone wars.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send neo313 a Private Message Find more posts by neo313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sans_Fi
King of the Penguins

Actually, Obi Wan could have had ANOTHER aprentice...

All the padawans you see on the clone wars are grown padawans (almost knights, probably they started training before the CW) I dont think anybody had a Newbie padawan during this time...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 07:38 AM
Click here to Send Sans_Fi a Private Message Find more posts by Sans_Fi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Obi-Wan could have had another apprentice by Episode III, but the Clone Wars...yeah, he was a leading figure in the Order, so it would have been awkward for him to get a new one. Besides, it had only been a few months since Anakin became a Knight.

13 is usually when the Padawans stop being Jedi Hopefuls and are taken as an apprentice to the Jedi Knights/Masters. They start training at ages like 2 or 3.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 08:31 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote