KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after fighting sidious

what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after fighting sidious
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after fighting sidious

I was just wondering what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after the fight with Sidious?
Did it mean anything?
I mean Yoda falls to the bottom, Sidious is hanging up top and then they switch to showing Yoda's cloak falling and landing on a metal post.
What are your thoughts?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 06:33 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Chronos
Sith Lord Of Times.

Exactly what you see on the screen, yoda is the one who fails, so i think his cloak hanging on the metal post is a ''thought-up'' sign that yoda was defeated.

Dont know if this is true, but thats how i view it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Chronos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Chronos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

because yoda lost

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It adds a nice moment-of-calm dynamic after the duel madness and I think it also suggests that its floated down to within Yodas distance of reach as we see him wearing it later... (Although not as he crawls through the shaft, strangely...)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

actually, i think he wears a new one on the Tantive IV, with two brown stripes going down it - correct me if im wrongstick out tongue

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

The official significance? Prolly none.
Mine? The last fall of the old order of jedi, at least, for now

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obit wan

Are you guys kidding? The significance of Yoda's cloak falling was to show why he had a cloak in the prequels and why he didnt have a cloak on the Originals. Its only common sense.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send obit wan a Private Message Find more posts by obit wan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

if that be the case, then what happens to it between the end of 3 (Where he is wearing it) and ep5...?
All the common sense in the world can't possibly make you blind to the fact that thats no explaination for the cloaklessness in 5....

Yep Stun... I think it was an Adidas.... lol wink

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sans_Fi
King of the Penguins

Probably GL wanted to explain why he didnt have cloak on EP5, then he forgot and put Yoda a cloak on TantiveIV.

GL wanted to tie stupid things between prequels (so he will say "HEY FANS IM TYING THIS UP!!!) , like the cloak, like the burnings on ObiWan's cloak, the hair style, Palpatine's face...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Sans_Fi a Private Message Find more posts by Sans_Fi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stefan Kojic
The most powerfull Jedi

It's a mistake(and not the only one)

Made it myself

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Stefan Kojic a Private Message Find more posts by Stefan Kojic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Why would he have to not have a cloak in 5? Did you see the movie in 1980 and say OMG! That little green thing DOESN'T HAVE A CLOAK!

Seriously... messed

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 10:51 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stefan Kojic
The most powerfull Jedi

Exactly yes

Made it myself

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 11:07 AM
Click here to Send Stefan Kojic a Private Message Find more posts by Stefan Kojic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

True...Maybe he just had it in the wash that day....!
Or it was a little too warm in the swamp and he thought:
"Bugger it. I aint wearing THAT thing today..."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 11:54 AM
kimmeh
vixen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKozzy
Why would he have to not have a cloak in 5? Did you see the movie in 1980 and say OMG! That little green thing DOESN'T HAVE A CLOAK!

Seriously... messed

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:43 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo313
spartan 117

Re: what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after fighting sidious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I was just wondering what was the significance of seeing Yoda's cloak falling after the fight with Sidious?
Did it mean anything?
I mean Yoda falls to the bottom, Sidious is hanging up top and then they switch to showing Yoda's cloak falling and landing on a metal post.
What are your thoughts?

I wondered the same thing, I assumed it was a Spielberg touch, since he did part of the scene...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:49 AM
Click here to Send neo313 a Private Message Find more posts by neo313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I can NOT believe you guys are discussing a cloak. laughing

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 05:24 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Amazing... Are done discussing ROTS so soon? wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 07:02 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

What was the purpose of Sidious having long nails? He didnt in ROTJ...roll eyes (sarcastic)

*makes thread*

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 07:06 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Yay!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 09:34 AM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Emodas

I believe it was symbolic of the fact that the Jedi Order was finished, and Yoda's tenure as its lead master was over.

As to the missing cloak thing, is it so hard to believe that Yoda had a spare? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Emodas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Emodas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote