KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin and lava?

Anakin and lava?
Started by: Budgie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Budgie

Anakin and lava?

I've read a few people saying that anakin falls into lava and thats how he has a robotic body. How do you know this??

Old Post May 24th, 2002 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Budgie a Private Message Find more posts by Budgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

'cos you've just told us!! laughing out loud

Old Post May 24th, 2002 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

That is one of the oldest rumours in SW history.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[Ben Kenobi]

I doubt the lava theory because nobody ever gets away with losing a few arms or limbs being burned by lava, its more likely all of your body would melt in an instant.

I'd say obi wan cuts him to bits but i doubt George Lucas would push it that far in a film for kids and adults alike.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 03:34 PM
Click here to Send [Ben Kenobi] a Private Message Find more posts by [Ben Kenobi] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that the lava theory is the best we have to go on and the most likely to happen. Even though it's suspected I think that GL will find a way to make it so cool that we won't care that its not a surprise.

"You do not have a soul. You are soul. You have a body."-C.S.Lewis

Old Post May 24th, 2002 04:14 PM
Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Maybe he's not actually "enveloped" in lava. Maybe like bits of lava explode or shower over him and destroy parts of him.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Yeah...Anakin won't fall into a bowl of lava. Perhaps there would be some lava spread out on the floor in wich he falls after one of Obi's manuver. Maybe Sidious walks in just after and pulls him out revealing himself.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[Ben Kenobi]

I'm pretty sure that during the battle Obi-Wan will try and lure Anakin back from the darkside.

I'm hoping for a 'ANAKIN!! LOOK OUT!!!' as the bits of lava (like Gundark said) shower him from Obi-Wan.

It might explain why Obi-Wan goes into hiding abit more, perhaps he feels also guilty about severly wounding Anakin (perhaps by accident).

Old Post May 24th, 2002 05:19 PM
Click here to Send [Ben Kenobi] a Private Message Find more posts by [Ben Kenobi] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Helmet

What we think is going to happen, never happens at this stage in the game. So I don't believe the lava idea is going to happen.

Old Post May 24th, 2002 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Helmet a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Helmet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

the lava is an old rumour. It will happen...now we're just questioning how....Unless GL readz this post and changes the script just to proove us wrong

Old Post May 24th, 2002 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'm also of the opinion we won't see it

Old Post May 24th, 2002 08:38 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Letz make a poll

Old Post May 24th, 2002 08:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just so everyone knows:

The lava thing appaeared in the original ROTJ script and in the novel, something that Ben tells Luke on Dagobah. It was also reputedly filmed but not used.

Hence it entered fan lore as the reason why Vader needs the suit. But, that SAME conversation also said that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother. This, clearly, has been changed since then, so none of that conversation is necessarily true.

So whether you believe in the lava thing or not is up to you.

But, you know, Helmet, just because people think it does not mean it won't happen. Some things are rather obvious, of course, like most people were certain that Shmi would die in episode 2.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 24th, 2002 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

And I'm sure that people were sure that Anakin would go beserk on who ever made her die.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 25th, 2002 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Halba

emperor helps with this one

I read somewhere that he infact falls into the lava pit, but the Emperor has powers to remove him out of it. Essentially the transition to Vader is complete with the Emperors help (somehow he used the dark side to repair him), thus the reason why VADER is so OBEDIENT to EMPEROR in 5,6.

So in turn...ANAKIN basically dies....EMPEROR basically puts dark force into good-guy anakin...
but of course a tiny part of him is anakin..which appears at end of ROTJ

Old Post May 26th, 2002 09:39 AM
Click here to Send Halba a Private Message Find more posts by Halba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so Vader didn't listen to the emp in 4?

reminder: novels (perhaps radiodramas, haven't heared those) can be wrong sometimes! (Owen and OB1 brothers...)

Old Post May 26th, 2002 09:42 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Halba

THE EMPEROR WASN'T IN EP4

THE EMPEROR WASN'T EVEN IN EP 4
thats why i didn't add it in!!!

Old Post May 26th, 2002 11:44 AM
Click here to Send Halba a Private Message Find more posts by Halba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he was around, just not in the movie

Old Post May 26th, 2002 11:58 AM
Halba

yep okay

okay fair enuff
just my point is that vader was obedient to emp coz emp resurrected him as such in 3
have u heard anythiung like this? i can't find where i found this info..just somewhere off the net..thanks

I've been majorly into SW for the past 2 months =))))
I have been a FAN officially for that much time, as i only watched all the movies about 2 months ago.

Old Post May 26th, 2002 12:23 PM
yerssot

I heared a stormtrooper pulled him out...

Old Post May 26th, 2002 12:24 PM