KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » 6 movies 2 trilogies 1 saga - The Star Wars Saga Trailer

6 movies 2 trilogies 1 saga - The Star Wars Saga Trailer
Started by: Lotus2003

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lotus2003

6 movies 2 trilogies 1 saga - The Star Wars Saga Trailer

Hello there! big grin

Since November I'm working on a Star Wars Saga Fan Trailer. I'm almost finished and I have made a trailer to my saga trailer. I know, it sounds paradox. wink

The most scenes which you see in the trailer, are finished scenes with the attached music. I hope you enjoy my trailer to my trailer.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17362523..._2t_1s.wmv.html

Thanks for downloading and viewing. You're opinions and your criticism is welcome. If you like this trailer, I will publish the real saga trailer in this topic as well.

Bye
Lotus

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Lotus2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Lotus2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Oki doki I'll give it a look see. smile

Alrighty then. That was pretty cool. Your scenes are kind ass backwards for the trailer tho maybe? Looks like the trailer is going to be good though. Do you have anymore details? Like how long is it? When do you expect to be done with it?

Last edited by ~JP~ on Apr 6th, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 11:11 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

looks good. cool

JP hi.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 11:50 PM
Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Pretty cool. thumb up

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 11:54 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I concur.

Excellent stuff Lotus,... you could make a whole music vid with this stuff! big grin

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 12:37 AM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

You've done some good work on that...can't see it being that much longer though.

Only change I would make would be the music...too many changes in there for such a short trailer (I know they go with your visual themes, but for example you could stick to just one OT theme for the back-to-back ANH and ESB part).

...especialy the early change from the SW theme to the next one (think it was DOTF) is noticably sudden.

Stick to it!

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 7th, 2006 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:21 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

Keep up the good work.

I'm back!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:27 AM
Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Great work!

Negatives: Sound transitions are awkward, heavy on the ROTS footage.

Best Part: I really liked Vader's redemption theme with the emperor frying mace. That was great shot and fit superbly well with the music. Very original use of it too. I watched that scene at least 10 times on your trailer.

Good Work!.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lotus2003

Firstly, many many thanks for these nice answers. smile Now I try to give some answers...

quote:
Like how long is it? When do you expect to be done with it?

The trailer will be about 8 minutes long, I think. That much time is necessary to tell the whole Story about the Skywalkers. The trailer will be finished about the end of the month. If there are problems, it is I possible, that I will release it in May.

quote:
you could make a whole music vid with this stuff!

No problem, I'm planning to release a soundtrack of 6m 2 t 1s.

quote:
Only change I would make would be the music...too many changes in there for such a short trailer (I know they go with your visual themes, but for example you could stick to just one OT theme for the back-to-back ANH and ESB part).

I can tell you that there are much changes of the music. I have 18 (!) soundtracks in it, that sounds very much, but I think it is necessary to tell the actual story (e.g. the comeback of the Sith or Anakin's fall, Palpatine's seduction).

quote:
especialy the early change from the SW theme to the next one (think it was DOTF) is noticably sudden.

Don't be afraid, that won't be in the saga trailer. wink I will use a change from the SW Theme to Anakin's theme. Then comes DOTF.

quote:
Sound transitions are awkward, heavy on the ROTS footage.

I try to work on it. Personally I'm not satisfied with the sound on some places in the saga trailer, too. When I'm finished with cutting and editing, I will check the sound in the whole trailer. Because it's very important that sound, music and colume fit together.

quote:
Best Part: I really liked Vader's redemption theme with the emperor frying mace. That was great shot and fit superbly well with the music. Very original use of it too. I watched that scene at least 10 times on your trailer.

I hope, in the saga trailer you will watch this scene 20 times. It will be better, this is just the beginning. Wait and see! wink

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Lotus2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Lotus2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

not working.

It says the access code is wrong or sumpin

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:22 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lotus2003

Good News: The trailer is almost finished. Now I have uploaded the soundtrack of my trailer. There you can hear which songs will be used in the saga trailer.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17514301..._2t_1s.wma.html

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 06:53 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

BUMP. zorro

any updates?

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 11:04 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

He just released another preview two days ago... Are you that impatient? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 11:53 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tarvos
He just released another preview two days ago... Are you that impatient? stick out tongue

That was music. erm

And yes, I AM that impatient. big grin

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 11th, 2006 12:13 AM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

BUMP.

Same question. stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 11:09 PM
Lotus2003

Attention please! The big moment has come. World premiere of 6 movies 2 trilogies 1 saga - The Star Wars saga trailer. I've been working five months of it, I made a post-production, now it's finished, as I knew the first saga trailer which will be published by a fan. I might be wrong but I haven't heard from another yet.

I hope you like the trailer. I wanted to tell the story abourt Anakin and Luke Skywalker, so I didn't concentrate on other characters. Because of the much film material (12 hours Star Wars movies!) the trailer has a length of 8 minutes and 42 seconds and a size of 93,2 MB. The download will be worth it.

Here is the link to the download, I hope it works:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18403866...rsion_.wmv.html

Enjoy and have fun!

http://rapidshare.de/files/18403866/6m_2t_1s__100_MB-version_.wmv.html

by Lotus2003

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 02:12 PM
DucLangur

Can you post the trailer on Putfile, I can't seem to get it working on Rapidshare

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 08:47 PM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ditto, rapid share is a huge pain in the ass. First you have to push the free button then you have to enter some code assuming you get back to the link at the right time after the timer runs out. Thats why I prefer yousendit.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 09:02 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

dont forget the popup that covers the download ready button to make you think its not there!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lotus2003
Attention please! The big moment has come. World premiere of 6 movies 2 trilogies 1 saga - The Star Wars saga trailer. I've been working five months of it, I made a post-production, now it's finished, as I knew the first saga trailer which will be published by a fan. I might be wrong but I haven't heard from another yet.

I hope you like the trailer. I wanted to tell the story abourt Anakin and Luke Skywalker, so I didn't concentrate on other characters. Because of the much film material (12 hours Star Wars movies!) the trailer has a length of 8 minutes and 42 seconds and a size of 93,2 MB. The download will be worth it.

Here is the link to the download, I hope it works:

http://rapidshare.de/files/18403866...rsion_.wmv.html

Enjoy and have fun!

Well it worked fine for me so I don't know what their problems were.

Anyway, the trailer!

Negatives:

A little choppy on some of the cuts (from scene to scene) and some of the music/dialouge didn't overlap well.

Positives:

EVERTHING ELSE! eek!

Lotus, that was awesome!

You blended that very well, touching on most of the important themes in the films, both visually and muscially, and leaving out all the bullshit, like Jar-Jar, Ewoks, the Senate, etc....

I especially liked the inclusion of the Deleted Scene from EpII, I always liked that one, as it shows that Obi knew a little more about Anakin's feelings of Padme than he showed in the movie.

Good pacing too.

I almost teared up when Luke is getting zapped and it cuts to Vaders mask, and you showed all of the sadness of his family and friends, that was genius! (should have cut back to the mask again though, and then had him throw the Emporer down the chute.)

Still, that was great.

Thanks Lotus, I'm going to watch it again right now.

cool

www.impactchurch.info

Last edited by sithsaber408 on Apr 20th, 2006 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 12:48 AM