KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » In Ep. III, what did Anakin mean when he screamed "You were with him!", at Padme?

Out of Jealousy or Anger ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Anakin though he was being cheated on by Padme with Obi Wan 8 16.33%
Plainly, Anakin though that Padme brought Obi Wan to kill him. 41 83.67%
Total: 49 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

In Ep. III, what did Anakin mean when he screamed "You were with him!", at Padme?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

In Ep. III, what did Anakin mean when he screamed "You were with him!", at Padme?

Did he think she was cheating on him or was he just mad that she was with him in order to stop him.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 12:34 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i dunno about cheating, i mean, who starts cheating with a very very pregnant woman?

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 12:49 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

She went to anakin to see if all obi wan told her was true which obviously was and when he obi wan in a pose on the ramp he presumed that she had brought him here to kill him, he even said that.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:24 PM
Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai Lein
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aye, He thought Padme was there to help Obi-Wan kill him yes

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Kai Lein a Private Message Find more posts by Kai Lein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Hmmm well I think he meant that he thought Obi-Wan and Padme were.... well.... yeah

In the Obsession comics while Obi-Wan and Anakin are sparring, Obi-Wan says to Anakin, "Your mind is still on Naboo". Then they both say, "And you're still thinking about her" or something like that.

Also, this might have been from either a website or a book, but Palpatine asked Anakin if he could be certain about Padme's loyalty to him

Anakin may have believed the two were working against him, as he shouted, "LIAR! You were with him! You brought him here, to kill me!" That was after he saw Obi-Wan at the top of the ramp of course, so those two sentances might have been linked or they might not have

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Council#13 on May 23rd, 2006 at 02:12 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Great thread. I think this whole Anakin-jealousy thing is one thing that Lucas excised out of ROTS. I just wonder why he took the whole Padme-Obi-Wan thing out of the movie?

It must not have played well in rehearsal. I mean it was a minor thread in the book, Palpatine suggests the affair to Anakin, Anakin has a dream of Obi-Wan & Padme when he's sitting on the couch, because Obi-Wan had come by to talk to Padme. Then some more jealousy talk on the Mustafar platform.

I think the affair idea just maybe wasn't believeable enough for them to keep it in the movie dialogue. Maybe it just was too much. And it was left as another minor piece of the puzzle of Anakin's fall.

It would be nice to see this dialogue in the super-dooper dvd set.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 03:32 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

There was also what seemed a hint of jelousy in Anakin's words when he suspsiosly said "Obi Wan was here, wasn't he?" (in her apartment)

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 03:54 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

"If you aren't with me, then you will be my enemy!"

Is this some jealousy too?

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sesse
"If you aren't with me, then you will be my enemy!"

Is this some jealousy too?

lo no. He was talking to Obi Wan. If anything he was jealous that Obi Wan cared more about the Force than he cared about Anakin, perhaps?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 05:17 PM
Eleonora

I think he meant "you were plotting against me all this time, whereas I suspected only Obi-Wan was, since he is jealous of me". However, I still think he must have suspected adultery at certain points in the story , I remember a very well written part in the ROTS novel when, during his first reunion with Padme after months, he notices her mind is elsewhere and he asks if there's someone else in her life. Moreover, I don't think he suspected Obi-Wan as a plausible lover, it was more a suspicion related to Obi-Wan's supposed jealousy.

Last edited by Eleonora on May 23rd, 2006 at 07:46 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Council#13
In the Obsession comics while Obi-Wan and Anakin are sparring, Obi-Wan says to Anakin, "Your mind is still on Naboo". Then they both say, "And you're still thinking about her" or something like that.

Obi Wan was referring to Anakin thinking about Padme and Anakin was referring to Obi Wan thinking about how Asajj Ventress was sill alive. No affair action involved.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 10:39 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

As for the poll, actually I think Anakin could mean both meanings, because he's so spittin' mad, he'd just say about anything.

I remember in the final OT Special Editions VHS tapes with the "extra footage seen nowhere else" Lucas specifically mentioned jealousy in a host of sins Anakin must wrestle with.

But I didn't think in the ROTS movie there was much jealousy displayed by Anakin.

Now I remember there were rumors in 2003-04 that Anakin was jealous and fell to the dark side... because it was rumored that Padme and Bail were having an affair. But maybe it was a red herring to throw off the spoilers.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 10:48 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

In the screenplay there is a scene where Palpatine manipulates Anakin into believing that Padme is falling in love with Obi-Wan... or vice versa... I forget.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 01:48 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think Palps portrayed it as mutual. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 01:53 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader sith
darth sparrow

anakin (vader my master) told me that he caught ob1 and padme in bed naked he said he wished he could kill ob1 and so he did in episode 4

Old Post May 24th, 2006 11:48 AM
Click here to Send vader sith a Private Message Find more posts by vader sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

orsm dood

Old Post May 24th, 2006 11:56 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by jollyjim311
Obi Wan was referring to Anakin thinking about Padme and Anakin was referring to Obi Wan thinking about how Asajj Ventress was sill alive. No affair action involved.

confused Are you sure?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post May 24th, 2006 12:22 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

i voted the other one as a joke hahahahah *waits for laughter, but only hears coughs and crickets, but out of nowhere some idiot starts laughing but we realize he's watching bootlegged chappelles show*

Old Post May 25th, 2006 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Anakin thought Padme brought Kenobi to kill him. As for Palpatine questioning Anakin's thoughts on Padme's loyalty, that was not in regards to their relationship, more their political views.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 06:47 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

"Your with him! you bought him here to kill me."

wink

Last edited by Stun on May 25th, 2006 at 07:15 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2006 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote