KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Question

Question
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Question

Ok so I was watching SW 3 ROTS yesterday and to put it shortly Palpatine mentioned that knowing the ways of the dark side of the force you could bring people back from the dead. Ok skip ahead to the near end where Palpatine breaks the news to vader that Padme is dead, why didn't Anakin ask Palpatine to help him bring her back from the dead?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:46 AM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Palpatine doesnt say that he can bring people back from the dead does he? I thought he only said that he could stop people from dying, and even then Palps didnt say that he knew how to - but only that Plageus (sp) knew how.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:56 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Never said back from the dead, only keep people from dying and to create life.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:59 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I'm pretty sure he said he could them back. And Plageus I believe taught his Padawan everything he knew, isn't Palpatine his Padawan?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:13 AM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediJim
Friend of the Force

Palpatine said to create life and to keep from dying,not actually bring them back from the dead. And I'm pretty sure it was something Palpatine hadn't learned before he killed Plageus. He was just stringing Anakin along so he would turn to the Dark Side.

"Only now, at the end, do you understand!"
Emperor Palpatine / Return of the Jedi

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:26 AM
Click here to Send JediJim a Private Message Find more posts by JediJim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

I just checked, and it doesnt say that he can bring people back from the dead. And yes, Palpatine is Plageus' apprentice but Anakin/Vader doest know that,so he couldnt make the assumption and ask palpatine to bring Padme back.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediJim
Palpatine said to create life and to keep from dying,not actually bring them back from the dead. And I'm pretty sure it was something Palpatine hadn't learned before he killed Plageus. He was just stringing Anakin along so he would turn to the Dark Side.

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:36 AM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

But he was sure Palpatine could help him. If you can create life couldn't you create life for Padme?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:37 AM
JediJim
Friend of the Force

Yes Anakin was sure Palpatine could help him....to stop Padme from dying like he was seeing in his dreams. And I'm pretty sure he was talking about creating new life not putting life back into an already deceased person.

"Only now, at the end, do you understand!"
Emperor Palpatine / Return of the Jedi

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 10:01 AM
Click here to Send JediJim a Private Message Find more posts by JediJim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I don't understand how they create new life, what does it mean when they say that? What kind of new life can they create?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 10:21 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

can't palpatine tranfer life of someone into another body? i think i read that in a book somewhere..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
can't palpatine tranfer life of someone into another body? i think i read that in a book somewhere..

EU sick

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:14 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

Palpatine's a liar!!!

Palps talking to Ani about preventing death>>>
EP3
The Seduction-scene:
"The ability to cheat death only one has achieved, but if we work together we could discover the secret!"

Palps talking to Ani about his Master>>>
EP3
The Opera-scene:
"He could stop the ones he cared about from dieing....."
"Fortunatly my Master taught me EVERYTHING he knew....etc....."

Palps just used this to get Anakin over to the Dark Side, it's all part of the plan!

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 07:04 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC_GG

Re: Question

Originally posted by steverules
Ok so I was watching SW 3 ROTS yesterday and to put it shortly Palpatine mentioned that knowing the ways of the dark side of the force you could bring people back from the dead. Ok skip ahead to the near end where Palpatine breaks the news to vader that Padme is dead, why didn't Anakin ask Palpatine to help him bring her back from the dead?

Ok let's get this straight. Everything Palpatine told Anakin about Sith bringing back people from the dead are probably bull****. Even if Palpatine could bring Padme back, he'd have told Anakin that he tried and he failed. His plan was flawless in turning Anakin into Vader. So there. Besides i'm sure Anakin knew that Palpatine was Plageuis' apprentice. I mean come on, if someone told you a story like that, wouldn't you ask yourself how that person knows so much about him/her.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 07:10 PM
Click here to Send MC_GG a Private Message Find more posts by MC_GG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I don't understand how they create new life, what does it mean when they say that? What kind of new life can they create?

Doesnt matter as he was lying.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:54 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Palpatine knew Padme was going to die just as much as Anakin knew. Palpatine knowing this, used it to his advantage, cause I bet a million bucks, Palpatine seen the same dreams Anakin did, if not caused it. Padme's death was inevitable, because eventually Luke brings balance to the force, in the way it was meant to happen.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 03:39 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Just clone the b!tch..

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 10:49 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by overlord
Just clone the b!tch..

laughing

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by overlord
Just clone the b!tch..

laughing out loud

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:51 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Stevey! I sorta miss you (though no one else from Magic's does).
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I just checked, and it doesnt say that he can bring people back from the dead. And yes, Palpatine is Plageus' apprentice but Anakin/Vader doest know that,so he couldnt make the assumption and ask palpatine to bring Padme back.

yes

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 02:12 AM
Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote