KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is vader capable of performing acrobatics in the mechanical suit?

Is vader capable of performing acrobatics in the mechanical suit?
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Is vader capable of performing acrobatics in the mechanical suit?

This is about Vader; I was wondering if he is able to perform acrobatics with artificial legs and the mechanical suit or is he limited by it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 07:12 AM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

I would imagine the mechanical limbs would make him stronger. Grievous was pretty agile and he was all machine. Plus Vader can use the Force, thus making Ataru possible.

Plus I kinda think this belongs in the EU section or at least the OT section.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 07:34 AM
Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

No, his suit limits his mobility greatly. He will never be able to do the acrobatics that he once could. Im not sure if he would be able to use the force to help him or not, although I doubt it. Greivous is different altogether - he is completely mechanical (excluding gut sack but that irrelevant). Vader still has to use his organic stumps to move his artificial limbs.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 07:56 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Vader still has to use his organic stumps to move his artificial limbs.
Yea but all his joints minus his hips, shoulders, and the one elbow of the hand Dooku got to are mechanical. So if the machinery made him stronger than he would be able to do some crazy shit. But if what you say is true, that the machinery actually limits him now, then scratch what I just said.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 08:12 AM
Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Scratch!

But still, I'm not so sure VAder is all stiff and slow.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 08:15 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Vader is still very fast, with very quick reflexes, and he can do force jumps etc. But he still isnt, nor will he ever be as agile as he was when he was Anakin.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 08:42 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Vader is considerably less acrobatic than he was. EU-wise, when he first gets the suit, he has to use the Force to help him be able to focus on walking at all. There's also numerous limitations and shortcomings listed in Rise of the Dark Lord, though Vader seems to get along with them quite well.

Still, he does jump once or twice in ESB and ROTJ.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:54 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He indeed looks slow and stuff.But Luke seems to have no trouble with his hand, nor did Anakin with his entire arm. So why would it be such a trouble?

Acting wise, the suit is heavy and clumsy, so it looks slow. But was it ever intended that way?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 11:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

it was never an issue before the PT
the fighting in the OT is now considered lethargic due to the PT jedi
Vader fought at varying speeds in the OT
watch him go prior to despatching Lukes hand
he aint that slow
and as stated elsewhere he does a nice jump in the carbonite chamber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 12:15 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is ok, he is slower than anakin for sure though but still in that kind of situation him being able to do reflecxs and has shown amazing agility in CE, by that time he already is used to the suit

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 12:48 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by vintageSW77
it was never an issue before the PT
the fighting in the OT is now considered lethargic due to the PT jedi
Vader fought at varying speeds in the OT
watch him go prior to despatching Lukes hand
he aint that slow
and as stated elsewhere he does a nice jump in the carbonite chamber

Yup... damn PT.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 01:15 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

we'll never know if he was capable of acrobatics since no situation ever called for it. maybe yes, maybe no.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 09:48 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He was fast, but I don't recall him ever doing anything close to what Anakin Skywalker could certainly do. That likely means he can't do them, since if he could why would he abandon such moves?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

Originally posted by queeq
Yup... damn PT.
Word up.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 10:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by queeq
He indeed looks slow and stuff.But Luke seems to have no trouble with his hand, nor did Anakin with his entire arm. So why would it be such a trouble?

Acting wise, the suit is heavy and clumsy, so it looks slow. But was it ever intended that way?

Was he intended to be slow? Well, maybe. Lucas had developed the idea that it wasn't just a menacing space suit by ESB, so he might have meant for him to be a little slow.

Must be said, it looks like it should be quite heavy.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:14 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

he could have been instructed to go slow since he was duelling with a senior citizen.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:19 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, if you look at the way the Jedi move in TPM against the Battle droids, they on average move rather deliberate and don't jump around a lot.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 07:25 AM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by Tangible God
He was fast, but I don't recall him ever doing anything close to what Anakin Skywalker could certainly do. That likely means he can't do them, since if he could why would he abandon such moves?

you got to look at it from the real world and what order/when these movies were released
Lucas speeded up the Jedi moves in the PT to keep up with kids weened on The MATRIX etc
back in the day Luke doing a couple of flips in ESB and ROTJ was as fast as it got

theres no abandoning moves
the zipping about of Qui Gon,Anakin,Obi etc in the PT is an afterthought to keep the kiddies interested

although its now seen as the way things are in the SW movie universe that the Jedi were zippy and consisted of every alien race featured in the OT not all of us have to like it

damn PT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Jan 10th, 2007 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 01:13 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

He demonsrated acrobatics in crimson empires flashback, He looked like he was neo from the matrix beating the shit out of his opponent with a simple double bladed sword

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 02:33 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

EU ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop it.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:13 PM