KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why did George Lucas think it was a good idea to put in the story that...

Why did George Lucas think it was a good idea to put in the story that...
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why did George Lucas think it was a good idea to put in the story that...

...Anakin built C-3PO as a child?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 09:41 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

To rape your childhood.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 09:49 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408
To rape your childhood.

i dont know if you were being funny...but...correct. george lucas has decided to make a living by raping the inner child of every one of his older fans

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Sadly...I have to agree.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:09 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Neeeeee, it didn't bother me, i was never to found of C3PO, don't rely care for him.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

To bring back all the family back together; a Star Wars film without C3PO would mean no C3PO merchandise, meaning less cash for George.

I've just tried not to think about the fact Anakin built him, and it hardly bothers me considering how little I watch the prequels. C3PO is only entertaining with Han anyway.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:26 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Originally posted by exanda kane
To bring back all the family back together; a Star Wars film without C3PO would mean no C3PO merchandise, meaning less cash for George.

I've just tried not to think about the fact Anakin built him, and it hardly bothers me considering how little I watch the prequels. C3PO is only entertaining with Han anyway.

What 3PO merchandise, they hardly did anything with 3PO. A few action figs, but nothing like Vader. 3PO is no merchandizing juggernaut.

I like the fact 3PO was built by Anakin, to help his mom.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:37 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yes, I was being over cynical and unreallistic. Yet it still means no questions of "Where is C3PO in this movie?" when TPM hit. Imagine if the PT had neither R2 or C3PO? Could have happened.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:58 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

not only is it ridiculous, but notice how anakin managed to build a droid that looks exactly like every other protocol droid.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by Schecter
i dont know if you were being funny...but...correct. george lucas has decided to make a living by raping the inner child of every one of his older fans

I was. Being funny. stick out tongue

My childhood was filled with the OT. It's still got it's cherry. Weird, no?

Guess it's because I went to the PT hoping to see whatever was in store from new StarWars films, and not what I hoped, dreamed, planned would be there.

Originally posted by Schecter
not only is it ridiculous, but notice how anakin managed to build a droid that looks exactly like every other protocol droid.

He uses the model of every other droid, ya know?

Doubltess he's see a few here and there in the junk shops/ pod races in Mos Espa.

Makes sense that he'd base his design off of what's already out there.

As to whether or not it's logical that he COULD have built him at 9 years old....

stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 12:02 AM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

ridiculous. anakin builds from spare parts obviously. if not he's an uninventive idiot if he actually welded and formed every part when he could have easily sifted through the trash for the exact same parts. likely 3p0 was REbuilt. at least that makes perfect sense, doesnt it?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 12:06 AM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

^^^Agreed.

That makes far more sense.

Is it specifically stated in the films or by Lucas that Anakin actually built him from scratch, or just that he's putting him together?

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 01:02 AM
queeq
Chaos

Prolly.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 06:34 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

Putting him together and from spare parts, I thought for sure.

In either case, C-3PO and Vader never see each other in all of the original trilogy, so it's fine.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 06:36 AM
Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, that was clever.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 06:44 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Putting him together and from spare parts, I thought for sure.

In either case, C-3PO and Vader never see each other in all of the original trilogy, so it's fine.

Lies! stick out tongue

The two are together in ESB, when the carbonite chamber is used on Han. C-3PO's strapped to Chewie's back and rather talkative.

Vader never acknowledges Threepio, but obviously they do see each other there.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 08:01 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

C3PO just happens to be a funny translation robot who went with the droid who got the death star blue prints of Leia. 30 years later Lucas decides to add that Darth Vader himself build that translation robot and the other droid just happens to be a war hero of before the clone wars.

All Star Wars fans must have said: "Wow, that's amazing. What an incredible story!"
And I agree, it is not credible that everyone in the movies is family of each other in a way or two while the SW universe is supposed to be.. a UNIVERSE!

Get some imagination, it's science fiction. Not everything needs to be explained or connected.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 08:06 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Lies! stick out tongue

The two are together in ESB, when the carbonite chamber is used on Han. C-3PO's strapped to Chewie's back and rather talkative.

Vader never acknowledges Threepio, but obviously they do see each other there.

But they don't meet. He still looks like any protocol droid after all.

On the other hand, I doubt Vader never saw a report on the passengers of the Falcon in ESB. Or those captured.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 10:01 AM
zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not only is he able to say "Luke I am your father", he can put on a camp voice akin to C3PO and say "3PO I am your father".

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 11:39 AM
Click here to Send zozo_yoyo_xoxo a Private Message Find more posts by zozo_yoyo_xoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Vader: "OB1 never told you what happened to your Maker"
3PO: "I am a protocol droid and not very good at philosophical issues."
Vader: "No... IIIIII am your Maker..."
3PO: "Goodness gracious me."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 03:30 PM